PDA

View Full Version : iR Shell Skinning Contest

StoneCut
September 20th, 2007, 15:19
F34R has just announced the first iR Shell skinning contest (http://irshell.org/showthread.php?tid=403) at the "unofficial" iR Shell forums. See if you can design the best new skin for iR Shell and win these prizes:

First Place
$20.00 (USD) via paypal or gift card.
Choice of GTA: Liberty City Stories for Sony PSP or Dark Stalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower for Sony PSP.

Second Place
$10.00 (USD) via paypal or gift card.
Third Place
see Extra Bonus
The first place winner will get two prizes. The second place winner, just the one. All three get the Extra Bonus.

Extra Bonus
The three winners will additionally be invited to the private iR Shell beta group. Many thanks to AhMan for this exclusive prize !!!

JUDGING CRITERIA

To help the skin developers make the most of their work, here are a few things that the judges will be looking for:
Accuracy - How well does the skin integrate with iR Shell ? Does the color.def file fit ? (this is a must !)
Creativity - How unique is the theme ?
Details - How has the developer designed the fine details of the skin ? What defines the USB section, and differentiates itself from the Wifi section ?
Style - How well do the colors, icons, details, menus, etc. blend together in the theme of the skin ?

Judging the skins will not be limited to the above list. These are just some of the things the skin developer should keep in mind when creating the skin.

For the rules and so on please check out the announcement post here:
Skinning Contest Link (http://irshell.org/showthread.php?tid=403)

Good Luck Everyone !!

Deadline for entries: 10.10.2007

blackrave
September 20th, 2007, 20:51
Thanks for posting news about this, StoneCut! Although I'm far from pro in graphics design, and haven't made any skins for iR Shell before, I will definitely check it out. If I should win, I will donate the money straight to the project. :)

cal360
September 20th, 2007, 21:00
I might enter this it sounds pretty good.

CaptainMorgan4
September 20th, 2007, 21:36
I hope someone can improve on the Vista Clarity skin because that's my favorite but I just want it more UPDATED to look more like Windows Vista.

StoneCut
September 20th, 2007, 22:37
Thanks everyone. Hope you make some nice skins for iR Shell.

AhMan was so kind do let us hand out a third prize - another private beta forum invitation. I've updated the first post.

Gene
September 20th, 2007, 23:13
Since I can't code worth a rat's ass, I think I will try and make a skin. Not for the contest but just for the fun of it.

Buddy4point0
September 20th, 2007, 23:21
i might make one for this contest, mabey not, but mabey. i would love that 20$

F34R
September 20th, 2007, 23:30
Thanks for all the kind replies ! This is one of many contests we'll be having.

Good luck to all that decide to contribute.

jaws365
September 21st, 2007, 09:55
The one that makes a Protracker 3.15 skin is already a winner :)

risenlord
September 22nd, 2007, 04:45
are there any public tools available to help me skin irshell?

Safari Al
September 22nd, 2007, 13:49
man i know a ton of people who are amazing with gfx. i should show them this...

pspfan
September 29th, 2007, 21:37
Deadline extended! (Now it ends on October 17) See here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=524902#post524902