PDA

View Full Version : PSP Hexen, Heretic, Doom (AdHoc) - Triple FPS Updates

kgsws˜™
September 20th, 2007, 16:19
New versions ...
Some fixes and changes ...

Now it is 100% working for 3 players, and i hope it will work for 4 ( hexen for 8 )

In Heretic and Doom you can now select your color(s) for multiplayer

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Veskgar
September 20th, 2007, 16:49
Very cool stuff. Thanks!

These wouldn't happen to work on the PSP Slim & Lite by any chance would they?

jurkevicz
September 20th, 2007, 17:15
Doom crashes if you let the opening screen go.

Trekster
September 20th, 2007, 17:32
yah it crashes for me as well at that point :(

kgsws˜™
September 20th, 2007, 17:34
I forgot, when you see crash, please send me a bluescreen text, that after 'The offending routine may be identified with:'
that 3 numbers with '0x' at start.

Doom is little unstable, sometimes ...

You must use correct manes of WADS

Ultimate Doom (Doom 1 with 4 episodes) must be doomu.wad
Doom 1 (3 episodes) must be doom.wad
Doom2 - Doom2.wad

(i updated readme)

And yes, you can't run it on Slim/Lite, but you can try it with Eloader, if it supports WiFi

pakkman781
September 20th, 2007, 17:45
Please update for the Slim and Lite! I can't get these games to run at all, even under eLoader :(

Trekster
September 20th, 2007, 17:53
Update...

I tried another doom.wad I think it might be the shareware version it was just over 3 megs or so. The first wad that crashed when I tried was from doom95, not sure if there are any differences between that wad and the original doom.wad . I will have to try to actual full version doom.wad when I can locate it. The shareware version worked just fine with no problems. Is there any chance of music down the road & perhaps having the game not shut down the psp when you quit out??

Thank you again for this

jurkevicz
September 20th, 2007, 18:38
renaming Doom1.wad to doomu.wad fixed it.

gelon
September 20th, 2007, 19:13
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x7/9esferas/snap006.gif

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x7/9esferas/screen2-6.gif

Tested! Nice thanks!!

KuLeD00d
September 20th, 2007, 19:26
I know asking here would prolly not work, but. Does this work without having a PC running a server host? Ya'know, PSP <-> PSP. Instead of PSP <-> PC <-> PSP. Like the DS does.

gelon
September 20th, 2007, 19:42
I know asking here would prolly not work, but. Does this work without having a PC running a server host? Ya'know, PSP <-> PSP. Instead of PSP <-> PC <-> PSP. Like the DS does.

You dont need a PC, you can host in one PSP and then connect 3 psp's vía ad-hoc directly

Rbman
September 20th, 2007, 20:05
This is so sick dude thanks, would love to see it updated for the slim, doom has been on my memory stick longer then anything else. Don't have a slim yet, but would love to see this on it for when I do get one

KuLeD00d
September 20th, 2007, 20:31
You dont need a PC, you can host in one PSP and then connect 3 psp's vía ad-hoc directlyThanks for the info

urherenow
September 20th, 2007, 20:45
thanks for the updates! 3.6 eboot would be cool though. I own 2 PSPs for now so it doesn't hurt so much but for the noobs...

OT: I never did play through the whole doom game (any of 'em) where's a good faq/walkthrough/map info? and... isn't there a GOD code? Can it be done in the psp?

kgsws˜™
September 20th, 2007, 20:48
use google for walkthrough :P
Cheats in doom are original (START + some key [only prom right side])
Cheats in other games you can find in options menu.

And of course, cheats are not working in multiplayer

Safari Al
September 20th, 2007, 20:48
man these are great apps and its always good to see them be updated (unlike snes9xTYL :()

Jungle-Cat
September 21st, 2007, 02:00
Awesome, i've been waiting for an update.

But, same as PSP Doom 0.6 there are some major flaws. So i find myself having both Doom 0.5 and the later version both on my psp.
-No music under the new versions of doom!
-[in 0.5 as well] who decided to use the analog stick to move around? it's bloody annoying. Doom would be waaay better using the d-pad.
-"Home" button can't be used to exit.

I hope you can maybe address these issues,
Thanks

brunobelo
September 21st, 2007, 02:06
Is the music working now?

Passa
September 21st, 2007, 03:29
Is the source code available for Doom PSP 0.07?

Jungle-Cat
September 21st, 2007, 05:09
Passa, this is Doom PSP 0.07. So why would their already be 0.08 source code?

Brunobelo; still no music. Use Doom PSP 0.05. (generally better, but lacks multiplayer)

Passa
September 21st, 2007, 05:58
Passa, this is Doom PSP 0.07. So why would their already be 0.08 source code?

Brunobelo; still no music. Use Doom PSP 0.05. (generally better, but lacks multiplayer)

Heheh.. fixed, it was a typo :)

Jungle-Cat
September 21st, 2007, 07:32
np :)

Does anyone else agree that using the analog stick is just silly for movement? use it for quick weapon switching and stuff, i've played games like that and it works quite well (although it does sound inpractical).
Using the analog stick is the only real reason why i hardly play it.

r-complex
September 21st, 2007, 07:52
Here's a really great .wad to be used with DooM II. It's called.. Doomed 2 Die. 30 levels of SP phun! It works great with 0.05 (what I use with the PSP) or, even better with the Doomsday Engine! That runs on OSX, Linux or WinDoze!

r-complex
September 21st, 2007, 08:02
Sorry for the boo boo! Too many beers I guess!:rofl:

Be3f
September 21st, 2007, 09:23
I've posted this in our previous DooM & Heretic release thread, copy/paste here:

I've been waiting for more then a year for Doom & Heretic ports update with multiplayer support!

New bug in Doom: no music (there was music in 0.5+) Check the libtimidity in the DOOM-PSP 0.5+ sources!

LTrigger is still unbindable (I would like to bind use on it) The same thing with up/down arrows... Can you make arrows and analog directions bindable too?

About graphics - can you implement 480x272 res and gamma (brightness) option in Doom, like we have in Heretic? Maybe you could make hardware GU rendering for both ports, using some sorces of the PC's hardware DOOM ports & ps2dev GU-coding info?

About Heretic - it's Great, that you implemented the config file & edited the controls - v0.2 was almost unplayable without strafing! But it is still impossible (or I simply don't understand how) to bind my fav controls sheme:

"JoyButtons" walk & strafe
Analog - free look
RTrigger - fire
LTrigger - use/run
arrows - change weapon/inventory/use inventary

Same in DOOM! (of course without free look and inventory)

Oh yeah - updating Duke3D port is a good idia!

And how about reliasing the sources?

After all, HUGE THANKS!!!

kjetil1991
September 21st, 2007, 09:35
wow! time to play =)

psman
September 22nd, 2007, 21:06
doom rocks thanx

Viper Snake
September 24th, 2007, 09:07
Ahh, the multi is finally fixed huh? Sweet, I've been waiting for this, thanks.

fenrir911
September 27th, 2007, 09:13
saving & loading isnt working in hexen just to let you know... and if u port shadow warrior i would love u forever

fenrir911
September 27th, 2007, 09:13
saving & loading isnt working in hexen just to let you know... and if u port shadow warrior i would love u forever or aleph one

doomvshalo
October 30th, 2007, 21:13
whens the next update? also will u be being a background music?

Zethzune
January 14th, 2008, 12:14
I'm having some problems with Hexen nobody else seems to have mentioned so far. :confused:
When ever I start Hexen the screen stops updating, the game runs, but all I see is the loading screen... However when I add the HEXDD.WAD it works fine, but I don't want to play the expansion, I want to play the original game, and there's no way to select which 'episode' you want to play through Deathknights of the Dark Citadel (HEXDD.WAD).

I've tried making a fake HEXDD.WAD that was just a duplicate of HEXEN.WAD and it worked once but then didn't work again.
I also tried to make a fake HEXDD.WAD that was just an empty wad file with a replacement title screen. This didn't work at all.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the post about the newer version and it works perfectly now.

doomvshalo
February 2nd, 2008, 19:16
could do with zdoom, also this homebrew version is better than Chilly willy's version

JLF65
February 7th, 2008, 22:19
could do with zdoom, also this homebrew version is better than Chilly willy's version

In what ways? You'll need to back that up with a list of features. :D

doomvshalo
March 13th, 2008, 23:31
well use it,theres my chilly willys version too glitchy.also u tried another wad

michalt441
March 22nd, 2008, 17:37
please put messages into center! and try to make a crosshair... and please, please fix that bug that when you quit game psp turns off itself, also when i press home button nothing happens... if that happens it would be freaking awesome

doomvshalo
March 23rd, 2008, 15:00
crosshair should be optional.also it could do with infrastructure so i can prove that im the ultimate doom player.lol.also would lv to be able to mod multiplayer for custom skins.

michalt441
April 4th, 2008, 13:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWG4TVvlxAI

k0rfain made a video of this

halo9449
May 20th, 2008, 00:10
I know this may be a little late, but at least I'm not a year late lol... Anyway, nice port, I've played three-player coop and deathmatch with monsters with my friends until our batteries died several times over... One thing, though, in the next release, could there be an option for the adhoc server to choose the difficulty level of the adhoc game? I'm Too Young to Die is a little too easy a game mode, if you catch my drift.