PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 pirate copies spied online

VampDude
September 20th, 2007, 18:48
Via: play.tm
(http://play.tm/story/13335)
With several days to go before Halo 3 is officially released in Europe, the US and Japan, it is with a sense of inevitability we report the leak of the final game onto the interweb, where the full release disc has been copies and distributed by game pirates.

Earlier this week, a couple of UK retailers (accidentally or otherwise), were accused of breaking the street date for Bungie's titanic third release, while similar reports have been hinted in other parts of the world, too.

Of course, illegally pirated versions of the full title won't work on normal Xbox 360 consoles, and those who have modified their systems could face bans from Xbox Live if Microsoft detect user agreement-breaching modifications. No Xbox Live would of course mean no online gaming; one of the most important aspects of the new release in any case.

That said, news of the game's leak once again highlights the organised and determined efforts of software pirates, who more often than not glean copies of big name releases prior to release.

s1k0
September 20th, 2007, 21:04
dam it gets me mad i saw 2 copies of halo 3 on a torrent

VampDude
September 22nd, 2007, 01:20
Many games have been leaked, I would blame the stores who let a few Halo 3 games slip out early as they're mostly to blame.