PDA

View Full Version : anyone knows whats infrared for?

Zephyroth_drgs
July 4th, 2005, 03:38
well, i have this question, whats the use for the infrared port? ow can u activate it? whats the principal reason for it, i mean, it has wifi, so infrared... well maybe someone can make a program for it to work as a remote control, humm any idea of what could be the function of it? :confused:

J@F
July 4th, 2005, 03:46
RIN already uses it for multiplayer.

and I can't wait until I can use it as a remote.

Žeddragon
July 4th, 2005, 05:07
I heard it was for the New Toys Sony japan is releasing. Like robot dogs and other gadgets that can work with the PSP. And mybe with the PS3..eh.

ArugulaZ
July 4th, 2005, 06:36
I thought the infrared was for communication with other systems in official PSP games....?

JR

phantomk
July 4th, 2005, 09:23
It's used to awake/control the underground alien tripods, Duh!

kimi
October 3rd, 2005, 20:56
the ir is for Multiplayer games with other psp's

Drumst1ck
October 5th, 2005, 12:02
There already is a homebrew application designed, which utilises the IR for controlling Sony WEGA tv's and the Slim PS2

Tomppa
October 5th, 2005, 16:42
Kimi, why IR, why not WiFi..?

Largo_W
October 5th, 2005, 18:13
wifi uses more battery power. :D And i cant control my TV with wifi :D

leggy
October 5th, 2005, 18:36
It doesn't do anything at all.

Sony have just put it on the PSP so that people start threads about it :)

Xarius
October 6th, 2005, 07:31
Some people have already done interesting things (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9768) with it.

I think it was mainly put there because it's easier to have present and think up a use later than to not have it and desire one later. Think of how consoles (pronounced 'nintendo') have all kinds of added ports that don't get used until years after the console is released.

DraconumPB
October 7th, 2005, 17:28
the ir is for Multiplayer games with other psp's

IR is not necessary in any official PSP games that I'm aware of to play multiplayer.

I know this because I've played Burnout and Twisted Metal using the Wi-Fi, not IR. This isnt the GBC you know ;)

RedKing14CA
October 7th, 2005, 18:45
DraconumPB is right, IR has no official use, i dont know why sony included it, it can probably be used as a remote for the ps3

leggy
October 7th, 2005, 21:10
Just wait - sony will have loads of juicy things planned uses for the IR port.

:)