PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII for PS3 Only

DarthPaul
September 21st, 2007, 09:15
Via GameSpot (http://tgs.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6179467&pid=928790&tag=topslot%3Btitle%3B1&page=2)

The critically acclaim new Final Fantasy titles have been kept for PS3 only. Over at the TGS, taking action from 20 - 23 of September in... Tokyo of course, two new trailers of the title were shown. Both ending with bold letters reading "For Playstation 3 ONLY".

Very sad news for the 360 owners and Final Fantasy lovers out there, and very good news for PS3 owners.

http://i13.tinypic.com/4xwtlvt.jpg

Leave your thoughts via Comments

royvedas
September 21st, 2007, 13:26
To me this means nothing at all. Jap RPGs are probably the worst kind of games in my opinion. But I feel for you other Xbox360 owners who are into that perverse "thing".

Peace be with you

gdf
September 21st, 2007, 14:03
Goddamn. Maybe Square will come round at some point.

jonezybaby
September 21st, 2007, 15:24
yay!! xbox fans dont deserve 2 have FF games, Sony Playstation made the game as big as it is 2day and should stay that way!!

DPyro
September 21st, 2007, 15:30
This is sad news how? It was never going to Xbox 360 in the first place, and now we have 'confirmation' its exclusive to PS3....dumb.

DarthPaul
September 21st, 2007, 17:00
There were rumors about it coming for 360, Microsoft tried but couldn't.

DPyro
September 21st, 2007, 17:19
Any rumors that there were, were made by rabid xbox fanboys. Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII have always been exclusive to PS3.

Basil Zero
September 21st, 2007, 18:28
An awesome victory to FF fans actually, since majority of FF fans root for the PS3 xD

Cap'n 1time
September 21st, 2007, 19:55
Well, at least now we wont have rabid 14 year olds talking about how they masturbate to FF characters in the xbox forums.... Or see a billion "You are Cloud. You have no testicles" in peoples sigs. So you see, the glass is still half full! :p

WhizzBang
September 21st, 2007, 21:26
The XBox needs something like this though. It has too many shooting and driving games and could do with something more involving. Is Oblivion enough? Maybe.

cal360
September 21st, 2007, 21:36
Well at least the PS3 gets one good game. Anyway we've got Flable 2 coming to Xbox 360 and Halo 3 so I don't mind.

Shrygue
September 21st, 2007, 22:10
So, Final Fantasy 13 is for Playstation only huh? That's fine with me, I'll be looking forward to getting it when the game comes out.

Shadowblind
September 21st, 2007, 22:35
To me this means nothing at all. Jap RPGs are probably the worst kind of games in my opinion. But I feel for you other Xbox360 owners who are into that perverse "thing".

Peace be with you

Lol, sad but true. Though I can't say i feel bad about it, seeing as this is a single storyline(not even a game, its only a storyline) compared to the 360s list, this is like a speck on the 360s record. Probably not even that, we got Blue Dragon and Blue Dragon 2. BAM! :rolleyes:

EDIT: TOTALLY forgot about Fable 2. I owe Lionhead an apology :o

DPyro
September 21st, 2007, 22:38
I heard Blue Dragon sucked...

wolfpack
September 22nd, 2007, 00:28
well, sounds like i need to buy a ps3 now

VexnadFett
September 22nd, 2007, 00:54
Any Final Fantasy fan who bought a 360 and is now crying because there console doesn't have divine rights of final fantasy don't deserve console(lol homonyms :P)... it's their awful fault for making such a horrible decision...
also, Blue Dragon is awfully derivative of many good rpg's and Fable is a novelty game... sorry to break it to you...

Shadowblind
September 22nd, 2007, 01:30
Any Final Fantasy fan who bought a 360 and is now crying because there console doesn't have divine rights of final fantasy don't deserve console(lol homonyms :P)... it's their awful fault for making such a horrible decision...
also, Blue Dragon is awfully derivative of many good rpg's and Fable is a novelty game... sorry to break it to you...

Better then a half-baked storyline with no combat system. Besides, divine right doesn't seem to belong to Sony, either. More Final Fantasy games have been released to Nintendo then Sony. Calling Fable a novelty shows how people who worship FFXIII really have no clue what the difference is from a game and a storyline. Hate to break it to you...

P.S. Guess what? the same guy who's making FFXIII? he also made Blue Dragon. yeah i guess it would suck, huh?

DarthPaul
September 22nd, 2007, 09:13
I heard Blue Dragon sucked...

Same here...

GameSpot: 6/10
EGM: 6.83/10
EuroGamer: 5/10

But yeah, 360 owners should not worry about this. Remember we got Fable 2, and of course, the one I'm waiting... Mass Effect. :)

Accordion
September 22nd, 2007, 17:50
P.S. Guess what? the same guy who's making FFXIII? he also made Blue Dragon. yeah i guess it would suck, huh?

¿Wrong.

Ashen
September 23rd, 2007, 05:27
Well at least the PS3 gets one good game. Anyway we've got Flable 2 coming to Xbox 360 and Halo 3 so I don't mind.

What are you talking about? Have you SEEN the lineup for PS3? Granted, a lot of smaller companies have opted to go for initially developing for a directx based system because of the simplicity. At least early on. But I've not seen anything nearly as impressive being shown off for the 360.

Seems to me the 360 basically has a library of games that are more fun to play on PC.

Thats not to say the XBox is a bad system in itself... am refraining from bashing here. Nor that the games aren't fun to play-- Halo looks like its going to be a blast. But c'mon...

Well at least the PS3 gets one good game.

Thats just ridiculous.

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 07:12
Are you serious? Nothing nearly as impressive for the 360?

I agree that the PS3 will get good games. But come on, everyone knows that the 360 will get and already has a lot of amazing games. I don't think that anything coming to the PS3, except MGS4[i can include it though], is better than Gears of War or BioShock. And those are games that 360 owners can already enjoy. If you wanna talk about big games coming, I got to say Halo 3, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Infinite Undiscovery, etc...

But I know that the PS3 will be nearly there with Ratchet & Clank, Socom, Killzone 2, MGS4, MGS:Online, Final Fantasy XIII and Little Big Planet. :)

Cap'n 1time
September 23rd, 2007, 07:49
Seems to me the 360 basically has a library of games that are more fun to play on PC.

That can be argued... for others. I personally would rather play a FPS with a mouse and keyboard, but the 360 isnt limited to FPS. I am only interested in FPS's and a few RPG's (final fantasy XYZ isnt one of them). Much of the time those FPS's are available for my PC or will be in the future... but in reality the same will probably hold true for the PS3 games I'd be interested in too (UT3 - which will also see a 360 port anyway).

Also not everyone has a gaming PC. The 360 is just an easy way to get acceptable performance on many of the latest games and as its cheaper than the ps3 it seems the more logical choice... to me.

jonezybaby
September 23rd, 2007, 10:58
thats the trouble, PC's = Microsoft, 360 = Microsoft
wateva u can get on 360 is most prob on PC, whereas with the PS3 games, they are only on PS3,
guess 360 owners are sour as they aint gettin MSG4 either!!
Sony 2-0 Microsoft

Triv1um
September 23rd, 2007, 13:55
Cool, i heard no rumors of it going to 360 though.

Stupid.

jonezybaby
September 23rd, 2007, 14:41
wen it was first anounced there were rumors of there bein a 360 version, but that would be a pain in the ass cus if square-enix use the full 25+gb on the blu-ray then there would be loads of disks for 360 and more hassle then anything!

Shadowblind
September 23rd, 2007, 14:46
thats the trouble, PC's = Microsoft, 360 = Microsoft
wateva u can get on 360 is most prob on PC, whereas with the PS3 games, they are only on PS3,
guess 360 owners are sour as they aint gettin MSG4 either!!
Sony 2-0 Microsoft

So by games we're getting points? alright then...

Sony 2-4295 Microsoft. Bingo!

Thats what i love about Microsoft. Even if you don't have a 360, they try to still let you play all they're intensely awesome games. That said, overlord is still wayyyyyy more fun on 360 then PC :thumbup:

Pst: FF7 and 8 came out on PC too. So Did MGS1 and 2 (maybe 3?) Whats keeping them from doing it again, eh ;) )

I've played Bioshock on both PC and 360. And yes, there probably isnt a person in the world who world prefer a controller to a K&M combo. Go Microsoft, release the FPS on the 2 best FPS-made consoles!

The thing I'm sad about now is that Too Human isn't also coming out for Pc....after reading the interviews I know why, but still....

VFerg
September 25th, 2007, 03:17
Why are you guys not mentioning Lost Odessey??? That looks to me like its xbox's equal to sonys FF and its by Square-Enix as well!! I just saw the new trailer and if you ask me ide rather take Lost Odessey over the new FF game... Im a Sony guy but im pretty upset at this, that game looks fantastic. Oh and they also have another RPG comming by Square-Enix as well just for Xbox again! Infinate Undiscovery looks almost as good as Lost Odessey does! I guess its a good thing Sony got FF but I dont think it will compare with Lost Odessey. And here everyone is talking about Fable 2, I mean the game looks good but at least compare a game thats somewhat the same. Its a shame Blue Dragon was a letdown but I was thinking that a few months before it came out when I started hearing the soundtrack... I dont know what he was thinking!

JKKDARK
September 25th, 2007, 04:19
This is sad news how? It was never going to Xbox 360 in the first place, and now we have 'confirmation' its exclusive to PS3....dumb.

Sad news because the game will not sell well

rayma
September 25th, 2007, 10:15
i argee with you ~!!!

DPyro
September 25th, 2007, 13:07
Sorry but every FF game sells well, don't be ridiculous.

JKKDARK
September 25th, 2007, 13:20
Sorry but every FF game sells well, don't be ridiculous.

You're talking about Final Fantasy games released on other consoles, yes they sell well. But this one will be PS3 exclusive, a commercial failure.

Cloudhunter
September 25th, 2007, 13:45
The PS3 isn't a failure by any means. It still has quite a market. It's too soon to see if it's a failure or not.

And yes, it will sell, as it's a Final Fantasy game.

Cloudy