PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops 2 announced

DarthPaul
September 21st, 2007, 09:22
Via IGN (http://psp.ign.com/articles/821/821865p1.html)

Metal Gear Solid news and media have been rather abundant at TGS this year, but there's even more announcements to be made. It appears to be the case that Kojima Productions has started work on a new PSP game: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops 2. We assume that this title will follow the story of the previous Portable Ops game, though as of right now, details are few and far between. More information can be found on Ashley Wood's blog, the graphic artist who has worked with Kojima Productions for the distinctive, brush-stroke drawings of the Metal Gear Solid comic book and Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel as well as the cut-scenes of MGS:Portable Ops.

Let the good times for the PSP roll. :)

Leave your comments

Airdevil
September 21st, 2007, 09:41
GET IN!

Cant wait for this! :)

hi123
September 21st, 2007, 09:50
WOW!!! this game will rule portable ops was the best psp game out!!!
can't wait

sourced
September 21st, 2007, 12:04
I Am Buying This Xd

blackrave
September 21st, 2007, 12:28
Thanks for the news, DarthPaul. I'd heard rumours about it, but great to hear it's confirmed. I've heard the first game isn't even released in North America yet, while it's been in Europe since December or something. :p

maxipower90
September 21st, 2007, 12:28
ohh yea ohh yea ohh yea giggity giggity giggity getting.... i mean gone

DarthPaul
September 21st, 2007, 16:57
No problem blackrave, I'm here to share anything that I find and think it's interesting. :)

Veskgar
September 21st, 2007, 17:28
So much great news concerning the PSP lately. This is definitely going to keep that momentum going.

Very happy to learn this game is confirmed.

kjetil1991
September 21st, 2007, 18:07
wow maybe im going to get this !D

Basil Zero
September 21st, 2007, 18:24
Wow another future hit classic for the PSP :)

Airdevil
September 21st, 2007, 18:42
Thanks for the news, DarthPaul. I'd heard rumours about it, but great to hear it's confirmed. I've heard the first game isn't even released in North America yet, while it's been in Europe since December or something. :p

No this game followed the usual channels for an asian game.

Asia>USA>Europe

blackrave
September 21st, 2007, 19:15
No this game followed the usual channels for an asian game.

Asia>USA>Europe

Oh, yeah, I see now. I guess this is what you get for reading QJ (http://pspupdates.qj.net/TGS-2007-Metal-Gear-Solid-Portable-Ops-2-coming-soon/pg/49/aid/102933) ... -_-
It was actually released in the US before Asia.

Portable Ops 2 will be very good, I'm sure!
I wish a remake of MGS1 would be developed, too, as that's such a great game.

Update: OK, I take it all back. QJ doesn't send certain symbols through their RSS, which I subscribe to, thus I didn't get that it actually says Portable Ops+. Sorry.

DarthPaul
September 21st, 2007, 21:07
There's a remake of MGS1 for GameCube, named Twin Snakes.

mavsman4457
September 21st, 2007, 22:58
I wish a remake of MGS1 would be developed, too, as that's such a great game.

Why would you want a remake for PSP when you could just convert the PS1 game to ISO then ISO to eboot format and play it from your memory stick? I would want them to remake Portable Ops for a big screen system like PS3. Since it's already been out for PSP for a while. Maybe they could make a blu ray disc that has all of the metal gear games on it including 1, 2, 3, PO, the gameboy color game and the nes game and the msx games. I'm sure they would all fit on a bluray disc and for most of the old games they could find a way to decently upscale them.

Airdevil
September 21st, 2007, 23:43
Portable ops would be so pointless on a home console. The whole idea about portable ops is.... get this.... its portable. A lot of the game would have to be removed, so then customers will get half a game of which they will just get pissed off. Simple as.

And no @ darkrave.... japan had portable ops first. Then america, then UK, as i said before.

mavsman4457
September 22nd, 2007, 00:07
Portable ops would be so pointless on a home console. The whole idea about portable ops is.... get this.... its portable. A lot of the game would have to be removed, so then customers will get half a game of which they will just get pissed off. Simple as.

And no @ darkrave.... japan had portable ops first. Then america, then UK, as i said before.

Oh I actually haven't played the whole game yet, I'm on the boss that freezes your stuff, and I just fixed my analog stick so I haven't played in a while. Thus I don't really know about the parts that require it to be portable please don't spoil it for me though.

boldizzle
September 22nd, 2007, 00:18
This game is going to be amazing!

I'm just playing through the first one now, sooooooo awesome! I can see how it's leading to Big Boss' destiny.

Such a good game!

No Metal Gear game has disappointed me yet.

Mr-S
September 22nd, 2007, 11:13
Originally Posted by boldizzle

too true just completed portable ops... as have my friends.. and its gets better then you can play again with your army... sweet btw i was meant to get teliko because of my mga data.. oh well

then again...Portable ops 2 ... hope its not like mgs2 sum dodgy blonde puff stealin most the show :rofl:

maxipower90
September 22nd, 2007, 14:51

I'm just playing through the first one now, sooooooo awesome! I can see how it's leading to Big Boss' destiny.

Such a good game!

No Metal Gear game has disappointed me yet.

second that, however portable ops + is a let down

Airdevil
September 23rd, 2007, 01:36
Oh I actually haven't played the whole game yet, I'm on the boss that freezes your stuff, and I just fixed my analog stick so I haven't played in a while. Thus I don't really know about the parts that require it to be portable please don't spoil it for me though.

Well the main story isnt directly affected by the portable parts. But things like adhoc multiplayer fighting, internet point scanning and the like.

But i mean, that ruins the a lot fo the fun of team building as that means u have to get all ur soldiers by ingame people. Which would be boring collecting them all 1 by 1, but with the access points u...

can get rare soldiers you cant recruit INGAME... like the ocelot soldiers and the like.

So would get boring fast, making it seem like half a game.

I believe the whole MGS plot line is one of the greatest thats ever been produced for a computer game. The portable ops games along with MGS4 are going to be EPIC. Especially MGS4. I am buying a PS3 just for it lol.

Actually..... ive just thought up a point. Is there any news on who will be producing this game? Because Hideo said he MGS4 was going to be the last one he makes.

Spyzius
December 8th, 2008, 17:16
Strange it's really quiet, nothink new about this game?