PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2007: New Devil May Cry 4 Details

Shrygue
September 21st, 2007, 18:15
via IGN (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/822/822008p1.html)

Yesterday, we mentioned that the floor demo at this year's TGS for Devil May Cry 4 isn't particularly new by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, it's the exact same build that we've been playing for months at various press events. What we didn't know is that Capcom was showcasing a new trailer with footage that hadn't been released before of the title, which also divulges a number of secrets.

For the most part, the cuts between cutscenes and in-game play were rather rapid, but it was cohesive enough to get a general sense of major elements of the title. Apart from a battle between Nero and Dante, which takes place in the meeting hall of the Order of the Sword, the three minute trailer showed Nero taking on a gigantic flying worm and a massive plant creature that appeared to swallow him whole. Nero also battled his way through a pack of glowing wolves, apparently in the same general vicinity as the Fortuna stage from the demo. The mysterious character known as Gloria also manages to get in on the action, defeating creatures with a combination of acrobatic kicks and maneuvers.

One thing that we'd never seen with Nero was the ability for the hero to grab and toss weapons back at their original owner, which is demonstrated a couple of times, including a group of armored knights that appear to descend and strike at Nero from the sky. But Nero isn't the only one that's received new attacks. Dante appears to have a brand new set of metallic gauntlets that project spikes from his arms, implying that there is a brand new melee weapon in store for the demon hunter in the title.

Dante isn't the only older character that appears to be included in DMC4. Trish and Lady make a very distinct appearance at a location which appears to be the Devil May Cry Shop. The trailer also implies that a love story plays a role within DMC4, particularly between Nero and the new character Kyrie, who has been shown to sing throughout various game events. Nero appears to be genuinely concerned for Kyrie's well-being throughout the trailer, and the climax of the video footage has him fighting through enemies as he tries to save her from being kidnapped.

We'll have more on Devil May Cry 4 as it becomes available.

Basil Zero
September 23rd, 2007, 06:03
Awesome, man I cant even find these trailers!

steve520
September 23rd, 2007, 06:40
this game is so gonna own to bad ps3's cost so much.

pibs
September 23rd, 2007, 08:25
this game is so gonna own to bad ps3's cost so much.
didn't they say it was coming out on the 360 too?
if not ill still grab it for the ps3, yet i would prefer it on 360 for the the achievement points.

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 15:19
It's coming for the 360 too.

Shadowblind
September 23rd, 2007, 17:52
And its also coming out on the PC. Wh00t! It stretches to all gamers across the world, on every system [that handles top-notch graphics.]

PS: The fact that you said you'll grab it for PS3 instead of Xbox probably means that you don't see enough games on PS3 that are good, so you'll get the game for it even being cross-console. Don't worry, its a natural reaction :p

(Thats what I did with my Wii and CoD3, even though I regretted it badly...)

Napalm-Death
September 23rd, 2007, 18:38
I can't wait to get this and a PS3. There's no way this game can fail.