PDA

View Full Version : Max Media Dock

NINTENDUDECT
September 22nd, 2007, 03:28
Ok, since i can't buy things from the internet, I can't get the Supercard DS lite, like I wanted to. So, I am going to have to buy the Max Media Dock at Best Buy.

I have a few questions about it.

1. Is it any good?(of those in stores)
2. Do I need a compact flash card to store memory for it or does it have memory on it?(not the one that comes with 1 or 2 gig)
3. Will I be able to use the nds_tools program I have heard about?(someone has used it on the supercard before. but I still don't know where to dowload it) This is what he did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmomx8_HBvg

Well, that's all the questions I have for now. If I think of anymore, I post them here. Thanks!

DanTheManMS
September 23rd, 2007, 06:11
1. Is it any good?(of those in stores)
It's one of the only products available offline, but honestly it's one of the worst devices you can buy. Same with Datel's other product, the slot-1 Games N Music card.

2. Do I need a compact flash card to store memory for it or does it have memory on it?(not the one that comes with 1 or 2 gig)
The Max Media Dock requires you to supply your own CF card. The Max Media Player giga-pack thing has its own built in "hard drive" which is actually just a 4 GB CF card.

3. Will I be able to use the nds_tools program I have heard about?(someone has used it on the supercard before. but I still don't know where to dowload it) This is what he did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmomx8_HBvg

That would involve backups, which we cannot discuss on this forum (and don't work well on the MMD anyway)

NINTENDUDECT
September 24th, 2007, 01:44
Ok, thanks.:)

The guy said the program "tricks" the game into thinking that certain objects are what he changed them to be, so I had no idea that it involved backups.

DanTheManMS
September 24th, 2007, 03:14
Well, as far as I can tell the program involves modifying a rom. Perhaps it's an Action Replay code or something, which would be fine. I'm not too familiar with it actually.

Jakor Dratic
October 10th, 2007, 15:47
Well I have one and I would reccomend against it and the GnM which I also have. The Max Media Dock just up and bricked my DS one day, out of the blue. Unfortunately I can not make any other reccomendations as I can't buy things on the internet either.

murgero1
November 25th, 2007, 23:28
It ok try Max overload..... but u have to find ur own roms!!
backup ur own games (idk how tho) and use max overload to play em on the MMD!!!

people say the MMD sucks but thats cause they do not know how to use it!

i own the gigapack (1GB) reformat it and stuff and it works on both GBA and DS (idk how to get it on GBA tho, in the manual it says you can...)