PDA

View Full Version : Which PSP would you recommend I get?

marzsyndrome
September 22nd, 2007, 14:01
I am aware that new slim PSPs are being released. However, I don't know which firmware is on them and whether it's downgradable or not, as I obviously wish to unlock the device and allow myself to play homebrew material and what not.

I've been thinking mainly about getting one of the 1.50 PSPs from the link provided on PSP News's front page (Superufo). I quite fancy the silver one to be honest.

I just don't know what people would mostly recommend now. Any suggestions?

mike_jmg
September 22nd, 2007, 17:33
It may be better for you if you can get an already homebrew capable psp.

Cause, if you buy the slim you need a friend or someone that has a homebrew capable phat one in order to create a pandora battery and then put custom firmware on the slim

If you know someone that can help you, maybe the slim; someone said that the D-pad is a bit more responsive.

JPJunkie
September 22nd, 2007, 20:21
If you want to compare the Original PSP and the PSP Lite and Slim! http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74317

marzsyndrome
September 23rd, 2007, 02:12
Oh great. I notice some of the extra technical advantages the Slim has, but I don't know anybody near me with a PSP, let alone a PSP with 1.50 firmware on it. What do you suggest?

marzsyndrome
September 23rd, 2007, 21:03
Okay, found this thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73691) which kinda makes me wonder whether a Slim is really worth going for despite the extra power it boasts. Any more advice?

marzsyndrome
September 24th, 2007, 18:06
Nothing still? :(

marzsyndrome
September 26th, 2007, 20:49
Come on, please, somebody at least give me some advice!

thehumanidiot
September 27th, 2007, 00:08
well if you get a psp slim, i think that they have 3.71 offical firmware, so you will have to use pandora's battery,if no one you know can do this you will have to buy the battery and the memorystick

marzsyndrome
September 27th, 2007, 01:04
So all I'd need is a spare memory stick (which I'd buy anyway) and the pandora download?

thehumanidiot
September 27th, 2007, 01:22
yes, but you will need someone with a homebrew psp to convert the battery for you,if you don't know anyone you will need to buy it

marzsyndrome
September 27th, 2007, 13:57
Buy it as in a homebrew PSP (in that case I might as well just get a fat one) or as in a Pandora's battery?

marzsyndrome
September 27th, 2007, 22:34
*sigh*, you know what, I'll just plump for an original PSP instead, that'll save me the trouble of spending more days till a set deadline before I get anymore advice.