PDA

View Full Version : .hack// series

VampDude
September 22nd, 2007, 18:44
What is the difference between the .hack//GU series of 3 games, and the .hack// Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine games ???

Is GU a continuation of the other .hack// series?

Can anyone explain the series to me without giving me a Wikipedia link? I'm already looking at Wikipedia and Google, and I now know there was an animé series a trading card series and a series of four games then a series of 3 games. But what I don't know is how the GU series is connected to the other .hack// game series, I know someone here will know and possibly tell me.

ALTIMITHacker
September 29th, 2007, 02:19
hey, sorry I've been off the forums for awhile. But ya, I own the original .hack ps2 games and the new GU games. Pretty much, they are not directly related, however, they make slight references to the old game. For example, the GU series is the world R2, (revision 2) and the NPCs talk about R1 which is the infection, mutation,..etc, games. And they do bring in Kite, bulmung, and Orca again, which are the same characters from before, but they are like mysterious characters in the GU game. They randomly appear in events and do crazy stuff...idk...i just finished .hack//GU Vol. 2 I guess ill find out why their characters are in the World R2 when I finish Vol. 3