PDA

View Full Version : GMDL direction problems

oisuxx
September 22nd, 2007, 22:19
everytime i try to make directions with gmdl0.5.02a
it never matches up. the directions are all wonkey. how do i make it so that it plots the same course that its showing on the map?

Airwave
September 24th, 2007, 14:10
did you choose the right icons?

input first : from: street,postzip,place
to: street,postzip,place
push the button list and now it comes.

choose the right icons you will show.

save with _route and copy the file into your mapfolder.

oisuxx
September 24th, 2007, 15:27
yes, i finally figuired out what was wrong, i had the zoom too far in, on GMDL
i had to set the zoom farther out to make it plot the directions the same.

Airwave
September 24th, 2007, 15:38
an now its going?

the_troll
September 24th, 2007, 15:49
I think I have a similar problem. It gives me one way of getting there, but when I open the POI i the PSP and shows a different way of getting there. Anyone know why this is?

oisuxx
September 25th, 2007, 01:15
troll, thats what was happening to me.
theres a ZOOM drop box that you have to zoom out to i think i had it at 5.

when its zoomed in i kept getting "points do not match up in the end" error.

the_troll
October 6th, 2007, 05:37
I don't see the Zoom drop down menu. help!

oisuxx
October 8th, 2007, 15:40
"create intermitten every" drop down to X6
or something like that

An0nJ0hn
October 10th, 2007, 00:24
I too am having an issue with the GMDL directions feature. I have used the feature before and have not had this issue.
I am trying to make directions for a trip out of state. When I make the directions as I always have they look and seem fine. When I copy them to my PSP the directions are different than the ones I made.
By different I mean that they are accurate and look correct on my map but are literally totally different directions.
I'm trying to visit North Eastern AL. The route I make in GMDL takes me through South Eastern TN (as I want) but when I look at them on my PSP the directions take me through Birmingham, AL and not through TN.
If anyone has any idea of what may be happening please drop a note here. I am at a loss.

oisuxx
October 10th, 2007, 01:52
what was happening with mine......it was just plotting straight lines. when i did what i posted above you anonjohn, it fixed that problem
changing the zoom level of the map. then changing the

i remember the "create intermitten every" drop down to X6 i forget what zoom level in the map i was at.

An0nJ0hn
October 10th, 2007, 02:36
what was happening with mine......it was just plotting straight lines. when i did what i posted above you anonjohn, it fixed that problem
changing the zoom level of the map. then changing the

i remember the "create intermitten every" drop down to X6 i forget what zoom level in the map i was at.

Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote. It is plotting accurate directions. Unfortunately they are the wrong directions. If I followed the directions as they are on my PSP they would take me exactly where I want to go. The problem is that I want to go a different way and I made the directions in GMDL to go a different way (Through a specific city). For some reason though whenever I make the file it shows up correct on GMDL and shows up on my PSP as the same WRONG route (which would get me to where I'm going but not the way I need to go)

I have made many directions in GMDL before and have never had this happen. I set the drop down box to the appropriate number in order to get less than 400 points. No matter what I get the same results. There must be some file that is saving the wrong route that I can delete or something.

Thanks anyway man. I'm hoping that someone knows what is happening and how to fix it.