PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Menu

wraggster
September 23rd, 2007, 00:42
News/release from Spinal Chord: (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=141076#141076)

I have been working on a menu based on chishms dldi loader. The main reason I have done this is because I have a Neo R6 Gold and the menu doesn't look very nice (yet?). I have used chishm's code unaltered, you can get it from his post here.
It currently will load only from the root of the card as there is a but somewhere that shows itself when it re-reads the file list. If you would like to see this bug in action, press Select a couple of times to re-load the file list.

exec.zip (http://www.geocities.com/spinal_cord/exec.zip)

Controls -
Left/Right to scroll through the icons.
A to load the selected (largest) icon.

::Xraxa, plz:.
September 23rd, 2007, 20:23
Pretty well made so far, but i would like to see it able to access folders so all my stuff doesnt have to be in my root. But it looks good, and with some work might could become my default menu.

Ewin24
September 25th, 2007, 03:35
Does this work with the DS-X?

spinal_cord
September 26th, 2007, 13:37
I have no way to test it on DS-X, but I can tell you it will work on anything that chishm's dldi loader works on.

TeenDev
October 1st, 2007, 18:34
it doesn't seem to load on my any of my 4 flashcarts

CoinCollector
October 2nd, 2007, 01:05
it doesn't seem to load on my any of my 4 flashcarts

Really? It loads on my SuperCard SD. What flashcarts do you use?

TeenDev
October 2nd, 2007, 01:47
they're in my sig, I DLDI patched them too so I don't know what the deal is.

spinal_cord
October 3rd, 2007, 23:31
One of my uploads wasnt working properly, give it another go. It should be working now.

Akoi Meexx
October 4th, 2007, 01:22
Runs pretty solid on my Cyclo DS Evo. Aside from said glitch and the inability to browse folders, I like it!

What else do you plan to do with it?

spinal_cord
October 5th, 2007, 01:48
I'm currently working on getting folders to work, I also think I have found the cause of the glitch, turns out it may be the icon bit. I really haven't though of many other features for it, I'm open to ideas.

Yodascool917
October 8th, 2007, 01:32
sweet!

masterchief929
November 1st, 2007, 20:16
the menu should come with different folders. like for the apps you should have a separate folder with a distinct icon. same with the games.