PDA

View Full Version : Team M33 releases 3.71 CFW; M33 = Dark_AleX

Pages : [1] 2

bandit
September 23rd, 2007, 21:00
Just yesterday Team M33 announced that they are to take a short break before releasing their latest custom firmware to teach lamers how to respect developers. Like true developers, they were true to their word, it was a one day break! Today they have released their latest v3.71 custom firmware for PSP.

Here is the readme:

3.71 M33 by M33=Dark_AleX

Changes in 3.71 M33:
- Now uses 3.71
- VSH Menu is not longer launched using HOME key, but using SELECT now. This is to not interfere with the XMB function of home, which is now more useful in this firmware.
- Psp Slim: umdcache was allocating memory even when homebrew was launched, wasting memory that homebrew programs may want to use. Now umdcache module is stopped before it can allocate any memory, only in the case homebrew is launched. Also, memory is unprotected for user memory usage by M33 core (only when homebrew is launched). Developer, for a sample of how to use the extra memory, see the extra ram sample of the M33 sdk.
- Both version boot now from 3.XX ipl, and are independent of 1.50. The main installer will not install 1.50 kernel anymore. A 1.50 kernel addon for 3.71 M33 that will install inside 3.71 M33 will be released in a few days (for fat only)

Note: due to some changes in kernel nids by Sony, you can expect a lot of kernel plugins not working anymore.

Programmers: refer to the sdk readme for details.

Installation instructions:
First method for both psp, the prefered when possible:
Requeriments: a fat psp slim with 3.52 M33-3 or 3.52 M33-4. Previous versions of M33 won't work, due to a bug that affects them and OE; or a psp slim with 3.60 M33.
- Copy the UPDATE directory into /PSP/GAME/UPDATE and copy the EBOOT.PBP of the 3.71 Sony updater there but with name "371.PBP". Note: the program will not even show if you copy it to a different folder than that.
- If you are in the fat psp, make sure you have configured the psp to run the game folder in the 3.XX kernel.
- Execute the program, it requires 78% of battery. If you have idstorage corrupted due to a downgrader, the program will ask you to correct it automatically so the update can continue.
- Press X, and the Sony updater will begin. Sit and enjoy while Sony code installs 3.71 M33
- When finished, the updater will ask you to reboot (pressing X or O). DO IT. Do not skip this step shutting down the psp by yourself, or you'll end with a brick.
- You should be now in 3.71 M33

Unbricker for both psp slim&fat and 1.50 kernel installer for fat 3.71 M33, will be released in few days... and it will be last thing from me.

YES, M33 is Dark_Alex...Dark_AleX is M33!

In addition to DA revealing himself, these are the other people behind Team M33

Coder M33 : Dark_AleX
HM33 : Adrahil & Alek
WebCoder : Alek
Betatester : Mathieulh

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/M33_release_3_71_firmware_Dark_Alex_is_M33)
http://digg.com/gaming_news/M33_release_3_71_firmware_Dark_Alex_is_M33

Source: M33 (http://m-33.narod.ru/) / Dark_AleX (http://dark-alex.org/)

Download via comments

bmoles
September 23rd, 2007, 21:07
Wow that's crazy. I guess I'll wait for the 1.50 deally since I have a Fatty. haha

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 21:07
I kinda posted this first here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74980), but ok.. GREAT FREAKING NEWS!!!

Anonymous D
September 23rd, 2007, 21:08
so dark alex IS still around?

edit: just noticed "http://m-33.narod.ru/" and "http://www.dark-alex.org/" are looking the same now

SnesR0X
September 23rd, 2007, 21:09
This is gooooooood :cool:

Sonicboy 101
September 23rd, 2007, 21:10
Incredible news

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 21:10
For those who don't believe just head to the official Dark_Alex's site, here (http://dark-alex.org). :p

Or maybe some extremeley dangerous world-wide hackers invaded and hacked all of their sites? :eek: Lol joke.

wraggster
September 23rd, 2007, 21:11
DIGG THIS News

remember we link to the sites unlike those maxconsole idiots

http://digg.com/gaming_news/M33_release_3_71_firmware_Dark_Alex_is_M33

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 21:13
Yeah let's Digg this thing!

@wraggster: Maxconsole is not giving the links because Dark_AleX posted it there himself. :p

Anonymous D
September 23rd, 2007, 21:15
Yes, M33 is me. any other question?

dark alex posted that over at maxconsole on the release thread to confirming the statement

Napalm-Death
September 23rd, 2007, 21:16
Wow...I didn't expect such a revelation.

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 21:19
I bet that those idiots that stay with 3.40 OE just because Dark_AleX made it will be upgrading now. :rolleyes:

gamesquest1
September 23rd, 2007, 21:21
so how was there a leak of his firmware from team m33 if he is team m33 and all the past story must be a load of sh*t in that case so why is he leavin cus if he was team m33 and the leak came from team m33 dosnt that just mean he leaked it himself so how can he be moanin abar it

Anonymous D
September 23rd, 2007, 21:23
strangley im one of those who stayed on OE f/ws and i will be upgrading when he releases a full installer for the phat psps, though it was also the amount of updates that worried me about uprgrading

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 21:26
And why your Sig says "psp 3.52 m33-2"??

Shrygue
September 23rd, 2007, 21:28
Shikes, I didn't see this thread. Oh well, doesn't matter, other thread I moved was put in the trash.

Anyway, this is good news. I have updated and it installing 3.71 custom firmware is exactly likr installing official firmware, just with a few differences added.

Anonymous D
September 23rd, 2007, 21:29
good point...updating now lol

edit: done

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 23rd, 2007, 21:29
ok...the psp scene is a giant soap opera. and im confused about the leak thing. i dont see why hes leaving either.

PSP-1412
September 23rd, 2007, 21:31
i rather stay on M33-4 and keep my kernal

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 21:32
Wait... why am I getting the a corrupted file instead of the updater...?

Edit: Oh, it has to go strictly into PSP/GAME ... not GAME150 or GAME352.

Anonymous D
September 23rd, 2007, 21:33
Unbricker for both psp slim&fat and 1.50 kernel installer for fat 3.71 M33, will be released in few days... and it will be last thing from me.

idk wether that means an installer to run from 1.5 kernal, or an installer to put IN the 1.5 kernal.

alexvander
September 23rd, 2007, 21:33
yay alex is back

xcjzerox
September 23rd, 2007, 21:36
M33 = Mee(dax)

splodger15
September 23rd, 2007, 21:36
WOW this is great news I hope DA carrys on with his great work.

pimp12
September 23rd, 2007, 21:37
Omg So Dark Alex Is M33? Wow I Should Have Tried M33 Firmware Or Should I Say Dax Fw! :)

SketchPCIS
September 23rd, 2007, 21:37
On the site it says this is the last release...so what exactly does -that- mean?

3.71M33 Released. It will be our last but one release.
In the near future, it will be released a Slim&&Fat Unbricker, and a 1.50kernel patch

First of all, thanks for all your donations.
It's time to make the Scene think into what has it turned.
NOW you can look for guilty ones.

And, to finish, greetings to pspx.ru and all the ones that have helped us in this crusade.

xcjzerox
September 23rd, 2007, 21:39
question is this for the fat psp as well

pimp12
September 23rd, 2007, 21:39
so does that mean no more cfw?????

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 21:42

Answer: Yes.

From Team M33/DAX. Remember we got more coders in the scene.. or maybe DAX comes with another name and makes another one. :p

xcjzerox
September 23rd, 2007, 21:43
oh okay thanks so the 1.50 won't work

Cloudhunter
September 23rd, 2007, 21:44
so how was there a leak of his firmware from team m33 if he is team m33 and all the past story must be a load of sh*t in that case so why is he leavin cus if he was team m33 and the leak came from team m33 dosnt that just mean he leaked it himself so how can he be moanin abar it

Show's how much you know about what happened.

The leak was a proper leak done by PS3NEWS.

Cloudy

pimp12
September 23rd, 2007, 21:44
Who's goin to make cfw's? Fanjita is gone,becus25 is gone......

splodger15
September 23rd, 2007, 21:45

There will still be a lot of up and coming coders in the scene

PSPdemon
September 23rd, 2007, 21:46

yes its for psp phat users... but the 1.5 kernal is indepndent.... so im going to wait till the 1.5 kernal patcher is set in :)

Its still a CFW

Good Work D_A, i cant wait till the 1.5 kernal patcher is release :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

pspfan
September 23rd, 2007, 21:47
becus25 was not a firmware coder...

Anyway, hopefully either a "new team" (maybe dax again), or Team Wildcard

Elven6
September 23rd, 2007, 21:48
Ha I knew it was Dark Alex all along!

xcjzerox
September 23rd, 2007, 21:49
"Unbricker for both psp slim&fat and 1.50 kernel installer for fat 3.71 M33, will be released in few days... and it will be last thing from me."

pimp12
September 23rd, 2007, 21:50
Yeah Hopefully................

BrooksyX
September 23rd, 2007, 21:58
Thanks for another great release Dark_Alex!

I think I am going to wait until for the 1.50 kernel add on to update, though.

pimp12
September 23rd, 2007, 22:01
Yeah same here

ICE
September 23rd, 2007, 22:02
my slim is on 3.70 so i still need the unbricker to get back to on m33 :(

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 22:05
Yeah, you really should wait. I updated and it freaking sucks big time.

Lol joke, it's just... very different. Feels like it's being started from scratch[<--Thanks to Chameleon for this]. Homebrews won't work, neither many plug-ins.

Nikolaos
September 23rd, 2007, 22:06
DaX you are officially God. Lets all start a religion called Daxtianity.

fatcat04912
September 23rd, 2007, 22:06
hahahah I ****ING KNEW IT PWN

pimp12
September 23rd, 2007, 22:13
lol Daxtianity

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 22:15
Using Cookies Theme right now. Lol it's cool and funny, but it's like... incomplete. The LFP icon didn't change while everything else did. :p

stevo11185
September 23rd, 2007, 22:17
I'm a bit skeptical. The reason for this is that DAX could spell properly. Also the m33 donation link was in Russia as well. DAX is French i thought? and m33 were really stupid, and i don't think DAX would allow the comments to be made if he was on their

Maybe, just maybe DAX's site and account got hacked....but i dunno anything. If it is DAX then i don't know why he was working with a bunch of retards that said stupid things on their site. DA always releases very complete firmwares which only had a few updates. M33 release loads....wek we will know soon anyway.

pspfan
September 23rd, 2007, 22:17
Yeah, you really should wait. I updated and it freaking sucks big time.

Lol joke, it's just... very different. Feels like it's being started from scratch[<--Thanks to Chameleon for this]. Homebrews won't work, neither many plug-ins.
You are supposed to expect that if you update now. Homebrews won't work because 1.5 isn't included YET, so wait for the patcher like the rest of us, and kernel plugins don't all work because of incompatibilities with the structure of 3.71. So don't blame the CFW for sucking...you should've 1) waited for the patcher and 2) realized that plugins wouldn't work right away and their developers would have to fix them for 3.71

I'm a bit skeptical. The reason for this is that DAX could spell properly. Also the m33 donation link was in Russia as well. DAX is French i thought? and m33 were really stupid, and i don't think DAX would allow the comments to be made if he was on their

Maybe, just maybe DAX's site and account got hacked....but i dunno anything. If it is DAX then i don't know why he was working with a bunch of retards that said stupid things on their site. DA always releases very complete firmwares which only had a few updates. M33 release loads....wek we will know soon anyway.
Well he convinced you that DAX and M33 weren't the same...which was his point. But no, it's definitely the same person, and it was quite obvious.

Using Cookies Theme right now. Lol it's cool and funny, but it's like... incomplete. The LFP icon didn't change while everything else did. :p
That's probably related to the removal of Location Free since the early 3.02 OE custom firmwares.

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 22:20
Nah, it's ok for me. I posted to alert the other people. I really don't care about the Applications right now, there's nothing for the PSP I'm using or I'm addicted to at the moment, I was tired of 3.52 and I like to have something new on the PSP.

pspfan i dont think hes complaining hes just pointing out what we would all like to know. you thionk if he was concerned with having all his homebrew ork hed have updated so soon?

darthpaul thanks for the heads up on it anyway.

You're right, and welcome. :)

Anonymous D
September 23rd, 2007, 22:20
pspfan i dont think hes complaining hes just pointing out what we would all like to know. you thionk if he was concerned with having all his homebrew ork hed have updated so soon?

darthpaul thanks for the heads up on it anyway.

pspfan
September 23rd, 2007, 22:23
Never said he was complaining, just saying it was expected to do what he said. But anyway, I guess it was nice of you to confirm it.

wilbur
September 23rd, 2007, 22:24
Hi.

Anyone own a m33 psp and pandora battery/magic memstick in Hampshire region, UK?

If so, would you be willing to do a bit of work on my system?

I just got a psp slim and wanna turn it into a pandora ninja machine but don't wanna give my poor little noob brain a stinging headache/breakdown thru the process.

I'd be willing to pay cash money and there would be pintage involved too if booz is more your currency.

ta

urherenow
September 23rd, 2007, 22:28
what are guys talking about? Homebrew works just fine. Only problems are with old homebrew that use 1.50 specific kernel calls that don't exist anymore. You want Daedalus? Works fine. You want NES? NesterJ v1.11 works fine, Genesis? PSPGenesis works fine (although according to most, DGEN would be much better if it were ported to 3.6+ kernel)

CWcheat???? works fine
ISO/POPS? works fine...
IRSHELL? Nope... but there isn't an IR port on the slim either, lol

Nikolaos
September 23rd, 2007, 22:28
I have 3.70 firmware right now, does pandora m33 installation 3.60 work with it?

urherenow
September 23rd, 2007, 22:31
Nikolaos... I strongly reccomend you wait until the slim unbricker is released before you mess with it. Even with a (somewhat) fresh (I say somewhat because you can't get a dump before at least using the 3.6 pandora) NAND dump, both full and from the CFW menu (like using explorer) and someone (ICE?) was not able to fix his slim after he bricked it by playing with 3.5x XMB mods...

also... EVERYONE PLEASE RESET YOUR PSP TO DEFAULT SETTINGS AFTER IT RESTARTS!

mine did on its own (BSOD... sort of... but most should know the screen I'm talking about) as soon as I selected theme from the XMB.

sammiesosa#1
September 23rd, 2007, 22:32
See what happen when "U" ass-u-me. This thing "cfw" is bigger than most people can imagine. I love my psp

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 23rd, 2007, 22:32
YAY two stong forces combined means cheese cake :), YAY, they totally own! I'm also think of trading in my fatty for a slim but i don't know if it's worth it..........

Nikolaos
September 23rd, 2007, 22:34
Nikolaos... I strongly reccomend you wait until the slim unbricker is released before you mess with it. Even with a (somewhat) fresh (I say somewhat because you can't get a dump before at least using the 3.6 pandora) NAND dump, both full and from the CFW menu (like using explorer) and someone (ICE?) was not able to fix his slim after he bricked it by playing with 3.5x XMB mods...

that is an unbricker.. not a downgrader? Has anyone tried?

ICE
September 23rd, 2007, 22:39
its not out

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 22:40
Nikolaos, look at your signature. ;)

wilbur
September 23rd, 2007, 22:41
\i just got the slim and still have my old 1.5 fatty. The slim is hot. i reckon it's well worth getting one. If i were you tho, i'd go to ebay and buy a pre-pandorarred one. (they are available and cheap, i checked)

that way you get homebrew immediately and don't have to face the rigmarole of pandora like i gotta.

I have no idea what to do.

jools
September 23rd, 2007, 22:43
lmao I should have known :D

awesome news

Cap'n 1time
September 23rd, 2007, 22:47
Hooray For More Unnecessary Drama!

blackrave
September 23rd, 2007, 22:49
Nice news! A lot of people knew from day 1 that Dark_AleX was affiliated with or even was M33, and they were right. :)

Congratulations on a great series of custom firmwares, and thank you for everything.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 23rd, 2007, 23:16
This certainly is a reason for all those people that sticked to OEs to upgrade!!!
Edit: Cintro dosen't work.......:(

[HP]
September 23rd, 2007, 23:25
It was good while it lasted.
But DA has his reasons.

scarph
September 23rd, 2007, 23:32
jesus h christ

dax, spanish
m33, russian
my psp, fat

someone cook up a conspiracy theory.

Basil Zero
September 23rd, 2007, 23:35
My God...

this is incredible news:thumbup:

Mr. Shizzy
September 23rd, 2007, 23:42
LOL :p

You know, I thought M33 was DAX at first. Then I said nawww...

Much thanks to DAX for all he has done.
He's a legend :D

Basil Zero
September 23rd, 2007, 23:45
LOL :p

You know, I thought M33 was DAX at first. Then I said nawww...

Much thanks to DAX for all he has done.
He's a legend :D

He sure is, how on earth else can some other person/people be as good as him in coding the customfirmware :rofl:

:thumbup: A victory indeed in the PSP homebrew scene:thumbup:

gamefreak199101
September 23rd, 2007, 23:52
i cant even downgrade using pandora!!
so i consider waiting till the actual new downgrader/unbricker comes out

xg917
September 23rd, 2007, 23:54
argg im too lazy to read anything or update so im just gona say. i knew dax was m33 all along no doubt. and im gona say its sad that this is going to be the last of him for sure THIS TIME..

so should i update to this?

DarthPaul
September 23rd, 2007, 23:58
He sure is, how on earth else can some other person/people be as good as him in coding the customfirmware :rofl:

:thumbup: A victory indeed in the PSP homebrew scene:thumbup:

Yeah, I couldn't believe that someone else was doing a good custom firmware.

gamesquest1
September 23rd, 2007, 23:59
Show's how much you know about what happened.

The leak was a proper leak done by PS3NEWS.

Cloudy

well excuse me but im pretty sure the whole leak came from dark alex giving his source code to m33 but seeing as this whole event never took place how did the leak come about as there was never any transfering of source code to begin with sorry but thats how i see it he was making it himself still thus why did it end up on the internet

SpooForBrains
September 24th, 2007, 00:01
well excuse me but im pretty sure the whole leak came from dark alex giving his source code to m33 but seeing as this whole event never took place how did the leak come about as there was never any transfering of source code to begin with sorry but thats how i see it he was making it himself still thus why did it end up on the internet

Whoah. Dude. How about some punctuation?

PSPdemon
September 24th, 2007, 00:02
If anyone has updated to 3.71 M33 ( on the psp phat )... ... can anyone tell me if theme support is on the phat or on the slim only?

ive been wondering about that becuase that could open the doors for a easy theme changer that wouldnt need much editing ;) ( or less flashing really )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

xg917
September 24th, 2007, 00:02
if m33 = dark alex

then wildcard = ?? <- how did they get the OE source then..

ExcruciationX
September 24th, 2007, 00:11
Holy ****!

So, this is now the last of Dark Alex?

blackrave
September 24th, 2007, 00:21

The leak was stolen from Team Wildc*rd, who reverse engineered all of Dark_Alex' previous work. It didn't come from DAX/M33.

if m33 = dark alex

then wildcard = ?? <- how did they get the OE source then..

As said, Wildc*rd is independent of DAX/M33. They reverse engineered OE, then the code got leaked by the lame site.

DarthPaul
September 24th, 2007, 00:21
If anyone has updated to 3.71 M33 ( on the psp phat )... ... can anyone tell me if theme support is on the phat or on the slim only?

ive been wondering about that becuase that could open the doors for a easy theme changer that wouldnt need much editing ;) ( or less flashing really )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

It's on the Phat too, I'm using the Sony's Cookie theme right now. :thumbup:

PSPdemon
September 24th, 2007, 00:24
It's on the Phat too, I'm using the Sony's Cookie theme right now.

thats good....that means that we could soon have the ability to create and change themes easily without having to go back and forth and using up our precious flash space....

we first have to hack the theme's yes..... but its only a matter of time for that

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

pspforme!!
September 24th, 2007, 00:28
is there any way to turn off the help pop ups in the xmb?

unstoppable_96
September 24th, 2007, 00:31
I hope Dark_Alex Doesnt retire

Basil Zero
September 24th, 2007, 00:34
hmmm the message said it was their last one.......does that mean D_A will leave again...or will M33 dissolve and another group made by D_A will be dominant? xD

SSaxdude
September 24th, 2007, 00:39
I knew DAX wouldn't be quiting the scene when he said he did. It just didn't seem right. Well it's great to know that DAX is going strong.

masamune
September 24th, 2007, 00:42
I put this on one of my psp's... some homebrew still works but the psp crashes whenever you try to exit back to the xmb. Also I have to take the memory stick out to reboot it or else all I get is a black screen when I turn it on(with memory stick still in)

can't wait for the patch!

jurkevicz
September 24th, 2007, 00:50
I can't wait for the updated Pandora for the Slim. I've bricked trying custom themes on it. I didn't even had a chance to try the Composite cables. Can't make an omelet without braking some eggs. I still have my PHAT PSP.

Safari Al
September 24th, 2007, 00:54
lol it was so easy to tell it was him. really he is the only one capable of all this

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 01:03
woah!!!!, I didn't see that one coming
I was like WTF? DAX = M33
But I admit it, who else could do such wonderful job besides DAX
Thank you so much, my psp is the best console ever because of you, for God's sake my childhood fits on it (LOL)
I'd just like to add hahahahahahhaha! to the ones that were sticking to 3.40 OE, cause M33 wasn't DAX's work, DUHHH!! ROFLPM

I'll update later and check it out, too bad it says it's the last release

ish420ism
September 24th, 2007, 01:08
The leak was stolen from Team Wildc*rd, who reverse engineered all of Dark_Alex' previous work. It didn't come from DAX/M33.

As said, Wildc*rd is independent of DAX/M33. They reverse engineered OE, then the code got leaked by the lame site.

Thanks for that. Finally someone gets it.;)
So this is the end of DAX and M33. It's like my favorite show is at it's finale, so sad to see:(

Hopefully team wildcard will pick up the CFW work, where dax left off. If you remember, DAX approved of team wildcards attempt to backward engineer his CFW and they did a great job. Now with the official release of the source out may knowledgeable teams continue to work on the CFW.
Becus25 is back, don't knock him down, he may become part of a new team and improves his skills and provides the community with something new and exciting

:thumbup: Gracias DarkAlexandro, e que tengas una buena vida e mucha suerte en tu oficio:thumbup:

V3N0M
September 24th, 2007, 01:21
I'm speechless.. Awesome News! Looks like I have a lot of updating to do to my reference!

Nocuddle
September 24th, 2007, 01:49
LOL'ed so hard. In your face D_A fanboys! .....

Uh ah wait, D_A is M33, so im his fanboy too. :D

Naah, I always been his fan & luv his works since beginning.

Thanks DAX for ur hard work... & ur sudden comeback. Hope u dun leave us, yet. Life too short... I meant PSP life too short. :P

PoorKingz
September 24th, 2007, 02:02
I had 3.40 OE for a long time because one game wouldn't work for me. But I think Ill upgrade to the latest 3.52 M33 firmware now its more compatible now. Wont go 3.71 yet because I cant go without Irshell or my plugins.

wolfpack
September 24th, 2007, 02:05
i stayed on 3.03 OE for the longest time, and i updated to 3.52 M33 a month back... im glad i did, everything did seem so similar to OE, and the constant updates were always nice and reminded me of DA... :D i like this a lot

masamune
September 24th, 2007, 02:26
after all this, one question still remains on my mind... why did he switch the system software and nickname around, and how can I change it back... for some reason it just looks ulgy to me... anyone else feel that way?

cataphrax
September 24th, 2007, 02:27
hmm, Im running 352 m33 update 4, and I put the 371 update in psp/game/update and renamed it 371.pbp and it just comes up as corrupted data. I disabled all my plugins and reinstalled the update 4 again to get rid of my firmware verision spoof. Could it be irshell? Please help me out, I really wanna update.

mavsman4457
September 24th, 2007, 02:30
OK so I'm not sure if I want to update to this because of some incompatibility that DA talked about with the plugins and I don't want Remotejoy to get messed up. But, if I were to update, I'm on 3.40 OE right now, I would have to have 3.52-3 or -4 first right? But to have those do I first need to have 3.52 and then -2 and would I have to update progressively many times? I'm not really sure if it would be worth it to update to this but if I decide I want to then I want to do it right. Also, it sucks that DA/M33 won't be doing anything anymore for the PSP but I hope other people step up like those people that said they were going to add features according to user's request. Also I hope DA releases his source, if he hasn't already, so others can build off of his work. Also, and this is the last thing, that was a pretty good acting job by DA especially have a whole russian board and readme on his releases.

piru550
September 24th, 2007, 02:40
d-a is bringing a downgrader for slim psp of any firmware now and future so u will always be able to downgrade a slim with pandora

SnoopKatt
September 24th, 2007, 02:42
You can just update to 3.32 M33 and then apply the update to M33-4, you don't need to do M33-2 then M33-3 then M33-4.

brasssmunky
September 24th, 2007, 03:02
i just have a few things to say:
everyone who didnt like m33 firmware, thought "they" were idiots, stayed with OE to be "loyal"...
you are a bunch of idiots.
it was obvious the whole time that DaX had some sort of connection with M33, they kinda work similarily, and "they" came right after DaX, what i think though is that DaX shouldnt have released that he is M33.
it was nice seeing everyone being idiots and running around like chickens with their heads cut off because "m33 isnt stable, i dont trust it, its not DaX"...
plus one thing which is obvious...
the iso loader from sony, which DaX had almost figured out or whatever
the np9 blah blah one.
he "left" because of that
then all the sudden m33 is here
and all the sudden they have the np9 isoloader in working manner...
bwahahahah
DaX is god.... or some sort of higher power.

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 03:03
hmm, Im running 352 m33 update 4, and I put the 371 update in psp/game/update and renamed it 371.pbp and it just comes up as corrupted data. I disabled all my plugins and reinstalled the update 4 again to get rid of my firmware verision spoof. Could it be irshell? Please help me out, I really wanna update.

Set the kernel to 3.52 in recovery

Also, just upgraded and put wipeout theme :p
Man! it looks so sick and I'm also overwhelmed of all the new stuff, a lot of things pop up from nowhere, it's like press triangle to see options menu and etc

And the video search is just awesome, also playing music while watching pictures

Although I'm missing my naruto theme (I think I'll try updating the icons and using cxmb to see what happens:p ). I'm also missing my Homebrew:( , I didn't know it was all 1.5 (damn, hope the patch is released soon)

edit: wait a sec, did you put the "update" folder that comes in the zip file??
It's just hilarious to see the sony updater install m33 :rofl:

Nocuddle
September 24th, 2007, 03:14
it was nice seeing everyone being idiots and running around like chickens with their heads cut off ....

they are not chickens. they are monkeys. :rofl:

mavsman4457
September 24th, 2007, 03:17
Has anyone tried using this new firmware with the Remotejoy plugins? If they work then I'm going to update.

PSPdemon
September 24th, 2007, 03:30
Has anyone tried using this new firmware with the Remotejoy plugins? If they work then I'm going to update.

or CFE 1.4 ..... that works better :p

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 03:41
Holy shit!
that was scary as hell, just tried cxmb 2.4 with the bmp background image and my psp wont turn on, trying to acces recovery failed

fixed by removing MS, then at last it entered recovery, then put MS back to disable plugin pfheeew!

I think I know why this happened, I made a backup from flash0 and most of the icons show up as read only and hidden (my guess, sony trying to stop our custom xmb icons) but hopefully theirs are gonna get hacked haha

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 03:45
Will someone brave enough and with a pandora battery try to quit the read only and hidden thingy from the icons on flash0 so they'll just stand as "modified"

Any takers??

Bigboi
September 24th, 2007, 03:49
Oh, Dark_AleX. That joker.

BelmontSlayer
September 24th, 2007, 04:03
Will someone brave enough and with a pandora battery try to quit the read only and hidden thingy from the icons on flash0 so they'll just stand as "modified"

Any takers??

That won't work. $ony put a hashcheck in 3.60 and up that makes any flash0 that get modified or replaced become corrupted.

piru550
September 24th, 2007, 04:21
team AOP=Dark_AleX LOL

specialist83
September 24th, 2007, 04:24
suddenly the whole anti-M33 society has kept so so quiet on this thread...LOL

anyway it was great to know that DAX is M33...but i hope this will definitely not his last work...

BlacknBlue13
September 24th, 2007, 04:29
I had my suspisions of M33 being DAX but this still amazes me. And I know it's pretty obvious but if anyone can't wait for the patch, I've tried the noobz eloader on my 371m33 and most of my 150 kernel homebrew works just fine.

piru550
September 24th, 2007, 04:34
now is he team AOP to? lol:rolleyes:

Veskgar
September 24th, 2007, 04:47
This is great and sad news all at the same time. I'm so glad I got a Slim & Lite PSP. I installed 3.71 M33 on both my phat & slim PSP. Although it would have been better to wait before updating the phat. Anyway, 3.71 M33 on the slim is great. I'm really enjoying it. The sad thing though is the fact that Dark_AleX is revealing that he is really M33 shows he is probably serious this time about ending work. And that just sucks.

Anyway, I'd like to play with some more themes. Does anyone know where to find more SONY themes that will work with the slim?

I bet that those idiots that stay with 3.40 OE just because Dark_AleX made it will be upgrading now. :rolleyes:
:rofl: Yeah, I thought of that also...

I knew DAX wouldn't be quiting the scene when he said he did. It just didn't seem right. Well it's great to know that DAX is going strong.
Exactly. It was too weird how he was bragging about features one day and then the next he just quits out of nowhere. I knew either something really serious came down on him or he was going incognito.

Thank you so much, my psp is the best console ever because of you, for God's sake my childhood fits on it
Exactly. Its the biggest reason why the PSP is my favorite device of all time. Every time I pick it up I can relive a lot of my childhood and indulge in the nostalgia. And it just makes me feel like a kid at Christmas time every time new stuff like this is released.

Holy shit!
that was scary as hell, just tried cxmb 2.4 with the bmp background image and my psp wont turn on, trying to acces recovery failed

fixed by removing MS, then at last it entered recovery, then put MS back to disable plugin pfheeew!
Yup, I thought I bricked my poor slim because I had activated my music.prx plugin and then my PSP would not turn on properly and I couldn't access recovery. Luckily after putting the memory stick into another PSP with 3.52 M33-4 and disabling the plugins, it fixes that problem.

psp411
September 24th, 2007, 05:05
wow... i didnt see this happening... i used m33 fw when i wanted to play madden 07 since oe wasnt booting it....
anyways, tnx for the update D-A and once again( if u rly decide to leave) i bid you farewell when you do decide to go :D :cool:

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 05:08
Yup, I thought I bricked my poor slim because I had activated my music.prx plugin and then my PSP would not turn on properly and I couldn't access recovery. Luckily after putting the memory stick into another PSP with 3.52 M33-4 and disabling the plugins, it fixes that problem.

Just for the record you don't need another one, just turn on the psp to recovery without the MS inside, once you're in recovery put it in and disable plugin

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 05:12
I think I'll go down to 3.52 M33 for a while, I want my custom theme

urherenow
September 24th, 2007, 05:21
for the record... cwcheat was working on 3.60 m33 but it does NOT work on 3.71 m33. No crashes... just nothing happens when you hold select in-game. The disable sonly logo thing doesn't work either.

also... for those of you talking about hacking the themes again, you haven't paid attention. Sony is releasing a program shortly so people can make thier own themes anyway (in the proper xxxx.stf format)

Cloudhunter
September 24th, 2007, 05:26
Try using cxmb to load the themes :)

Cloudy

r-complex
September 24th, 2007, 05:36
Just gotta say.. *Big Thanks* :thumbup: Too Dark_Alex or M33 or whoever he's gonna become next! :rolleyes:

And.. Shame ON YOU SONY!:mad: For..

1. NOT SUPPORTING HOMEBREW!
(The tighter you squeeze your grip.. The more will slip from your fingers..)

2. NOT USING THE CPU AT FULL SPEED!
(640k should be enough for everyone!)

3. STEELING AND NOT INNOVATING!
(The GP2X has 64MB of RAM & A/V OUT From Day One!)
I wonder.. where Sony Got the Idea to do that too?;)

4. FOR FORCING US.. (YOUR CUSTOMERS).. INTO HAVING TO BUY ANOTHER PSP THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN THIS WAY IN THE FIRST PLACE! :mad:

End of Line..

Cloudhunter
September 24th, 2007, 05:40
for the record... cwcheat was working on 3.60 m33 but it does NOT work on 3.71 m33. No crashes... just nothing happens when you hold select in-game. The disable sonly logo thing doesn't work either.

Well, I've heard that formatting flash1 helps that.

And as for cwcheat, weltall seems to be working on it.

Cloudy

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 05:42
Damn, just ****ed up my PSP
I can't believe it
runing recovery update didn't do anything, just said error trying to format... panic
error ... panic
writing 1.50 100%

then it was still 3.71 M33, then I went to flash and I saw a bunch of files that shouldn't be there
erased & replaced with backup = Brick (no recovery no nothing)
Will a pandora battery help?, please tell me it will

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 05:45
Damn not even black screen I guess it's fried, OMFG I want to cry

Cloudhunter
September 24th, 2007, 05:45
Of course a pandora battery will help.

You'll have to flash a nand image without idstorage.

Cloudy

urherenow
September 24th, 2007, 05:47
popsloader.prx must be working though because I just launched a PSX game without any problems.

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 05:50
Of course a pandora battery will help.

You'll have to flash a nand image without idstorage.

Cloudy

Would you PM me how to do it, I have an image from my old 3.52 M33, will that help

CaptainMorgan4
September 24th, 2007, 06:10
Hey guys it's wierd I updated and everything is fine but I can't access my recovery menu, anyone else having this issue, any solutions?

edit: Nevermind I still can't access the recovery menu but everything else works fine, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

Cloudhunter
September 24th, 2007, 06:14
Would you PM me how to do it, I have an image from my old 3.52 M33, will that help

In that case it's easy. Rename the image to nandimage.flash and put it in the root of your magic memory stick. Then press flash nand image, you can even do it with idstorage if it's your own dump.

Cloudy

masamune
September 24th, 2007, 06:16
woah... you guys probably already know this but the f0 and f1 on 371 m33 together is only 15.3 MB. Is that correct? and where did all the prx's go?!

confusion, lol

Cloudhunter
September 24th, 2007, 06:23
woah... you guys probably already know this but the f0 and f1 on 371 m33 together is only 15.3 MB. Is that correct? and where did all the prx's go?!

confusion, lol

I think Dark_AleX made it so you can't see those files :)

Cloudy

sgtchariot
September 24th, 2007, 06:27
omg... so trippy. haha. that's so awesome. (:

masamune
September 24th, 2007, 06:30
I think Dark_AleX made it so you can't see those files :)

Cloudy

Oh, thanks for the clarity :)

I look at the properties under the usb mode and saw that f0 was 20.5 mb

I'm dumb:rofl:

ice_storme
September 24th, 2007, 06:34
So, are there any UMD dumpers that work on the 3.71 M33 firmware? What about P.O.P.S? Did Sony add more support for PSone emulation in the 3.71 firmware?

CaptainMorgan4
September 24th, 2007, 06:36
Yeah guys I updated and everything works fine but I can't access the Recovery menu, can someone please help me!?

masamune
September 24th, 2007, 06:46
Yeah guys I updated and everything works fine but I can't access the Recovery menu, can someone please help me!?

I don't think there is one yet... but press select for the xmb menu

Veskgar
September 24th, 2007, 06:53
popsloader.prx must be working though because I just launched a PSX game without any problems.

Nope, popsloader plugin isn't working on my 3.71 M33 Slim & Lite.

PSX games will still play on 3.71 M33, but that alone doesn't mean that the popsloader is automatically working.

So limited homebrew and no plugins... :mad:

Owell. I'm still loving 3.71 M33 on the slim. I can play Nintendo all day so NesterJ and my PSP games will keep me plenty busy with the PSP.

I can't wait to see what the future holds now. The extra RAM on the slim has been unlocked and DaX put something in the sdk for developers to take advantage of that. That's gotta be good news. Hopefully we'll see NJ return with a CPS3 emulator or major breakthrough's with Daedalus.

Actually, I'd like to see all emulators updated and continued now.

CaptainMorgan4
September 24th, 2007, 06:58
Hold on there is no recovery menu? Why wouldn't this have one if it's compatabile with the PSP 1000, will this 1.5 kernal patch include a way to get a recovery menu? We can't even see if any plugins work if we can't access recovery right?

M-Lin
September 24th, 2007, 07:09
Just changed my "Custom Firmware" folder back to "DA Updates" :P

Although I'm gonna miss those Russians!

Veskgar
September 24th, 2007, 07:16
Hold on there is no recovery menu? Why wouldn't this have one if it's compatabile with the PSP 1000, will this 1.5 kernal patch include a way to get a recovery menu? We can't even see if any plugins work if we can't access recovery right?

I can get to recovery menu just fine on my 3.71 M33 slim & lite. Just hold R trigger upon powering up like normal. If however it is not working for some reason, just as was stated a few times earlier, take our your memory stick and then power on your PSP with the R trigger held down. That should get you recovery.

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 07:26
In that case it's easy. Rename the image to nandimage.flash and put it in the root of your magic memory stick. Then press flash nand image, you can even do it with idstorage if it's your own dump.

Cloudy

well, not image, is a backup from my flash0 sorrry got confused

masamune
September 24th, 2007, 07:27
I can get to recovery menu just fine on my 3.71 M33 slim & lite. Just hold R trigger upon powering up like normal. If however it is not working for some reason, just as was stated a few times earlier, take our your memory stick and then power on your PSP with the R trigger held down. That should get you recovery.

Oh fart, it is working...

taking the memory stick out did the trick

lol, thanks dude :)

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 07:28

uhm! there was in mine :( /cry

Broadus
September 24th, 2007, 07:58
Holy crap, um... This is really cool, but I wish I'd read it more in-depth so I could realize that this has NO HOMEBREW CAPABILITIES WHATSOEVER.
I guess if worst came to worst I could just figure out how to fix it with Pandora. NO I COULDN'T NEITHER OF MY PSPs CAN MAKE A PANDORA BATTERY OR MAGIC MEMORY STICK NOW.
Glad that you guys are going to implement the 1.50 kernel soon, though! This is a neat firmware update.

/_[][]_\2.0
September 24th, 2007, 08:02
Holy shit!

I think I know why this happened, I made a backup from flash0 and most of the icons show up as read only and hidden (my guess, sony trying to stop our custom xmb icons) but hopefully theirs are gonna get hacked haha

That happened to me to but i have mine saved in my MS on my slim. So no non- sony custom themes for a bit. some one has to make a program that turns home made themes in to sony ones.

ALIEN771
September 24th, 2007, 08:55
i updated my fat psp to see the new themes (colours) and didnt get any if i got the file from a slim would it work im my fat psp?

/_[][]_\2.0
September 24th, 2007, 09:07
the colours are built into the slim i think.

dazman
September 24th, 2007, 09:13
A few things

1 whoever this was done by, Dark Alex or M33 or whoevre, Then thanks for all the work over the last few years.

2 I killed my PSP by dropping it so I am without at this time. I use lots of emus, full screen mp4's not much on psp games. Should I by a slim or a fat?

3 And why is it that if coders only need to make small changes to make homebrew work for slim is it that not many have been converted yet?

woop
September 24th, 2007, 09:46
A few things

1 whoever this was done by, Dark Alex or M33 or whoevre, Then thanks for all the work over the last few years.

2 I killed my PSP by dropping it so I am without at this time. I use lots of emus, full screen mp4's not much on psp games. Should I by a slim or a fat?

3 And why is it that if coders only need to make small changes to make homebrew work for slim is it that not many have been converted yet?

well mabe not all the coders have a slim yet...

Chameleon
September 24th, 2007, 09:46
A few things

@ # 2- buy a slim, the fat custom firmware is slowly transitioning into the slims anyways.

@ # 3- because soon a patch will be made that fixes the 1.5 kernel allowing homebrew to be launched by the old method, so why update 50,000 homebrews when 1 simple fix can be implimented to solve all the problems

b_simpson1999
September 24th, 2007, 10:52
come on m33 is Dark_AleX where the proof, why didn't he just keep with the oe name am not saying this is true and am not saying that m33 is bad (even though most times it is) it just seems wired that Dark_AleX whould do a cfw without checking for bugs and updating every time there is 1 or 2, hope this is better then 3.52-4 cos even that has a few bugs *cough*usbhost*cough* and why can't phat psp go staight from 150 to 3.71 m33. wot was wrong with the VSH Menu beening under home most plugins use select or even home (but not as many as select) i like to know how they get around that, ok am done ranting for now

goliath182
September 24th, 2007, 10:53
Well is there Other coders in team M33 or is it all the Master Dark_AleX

Nocuddle
September 24th, 2007, 11:26
come on m33 is Dark_AleX where the proof, why didn't he just keep with the oe name am not saying this is true and am not saying that m33 is bad (even though most times it is) it just seems wired that Dark_AleX whould do a cfw without checking for bugs and updating every time there is 1 or 2, hope this is better then 3.52-4 cos even that has a few bugs *cough*usbhost*cough* and why can't phat psp go staight from 150 to 3.71 m33. wot was wrong with the VSH Menu beening under home most plugins use select or even home (but not as many as select) i like to know how they get around that, ok am done ranting for now

U whinge too much like a lil girl.

U can use a version changer if u want to keep ur fav "OE" name.

ALIEN771
September 24th, 2007, 11:40
is anyone's modified 01-12.bmp working? mines not

`The0n3
September 24th, 2007, 11:46
Hmm, theres a shocker. I bet all you people that was like omg im not using this because its not dark_alex feel pretty retarded now. Oh well, idiots shoulda known.

mnuhaily22
September 24th, 2007, 12:12
All I can say now is WOW!!!

alexvander
September 24th, 2007, 12:23
Well is there Other coders in team M33 or is it all the Master Dark_AleX
no there was more people then dark alex
Coder M33 : Dark_AleX

HM33 : Adrahil & Alek

WebCoder : Alek

Betatester : Mathieulh

xxhiroshi21xx
September 24th, 2007, 13:23
hmm.. You know, I do like homebrew, and a lot of my stuff won't work with the new kernal, so I'll be one of those people who wont upgrade for quite a while. >_>

That and I heard that TA-082 people who did a hardware downgrade are ****ed, and cannot upgrade to 3.71 M33.

camcorderdoctor
September 24th, 2007, 13:39
Sorry if this has been covered but, does anyone know if Pandora will still work after updating to 3.71 m33? Cause if it does then I will update to try it out and maybe either wait for the kernel 1.50 installer/unbricker or just revert back to 3.52 m33-4.

eatnooM
September 24th, 2007, 13:47
"Unbricker for both psp slim&fat and 1.50 kernel installer for fat 3.71 M33, will be released in few days... and it will be last thing from me."

:(

cyclonmaster
September 24th, 2007, 13:59
I'll update after 1.50 kernel installer and if VSH button change back to HOME key.

pob-pnuk
September 24th, 2007, 14:25
so what actually happened with dark_alex?

when did m33 come on the scene?

shorty_carnage
September 24th, 2007, 15:01
well done dax

Cloudhunter
September 24th, 2007, 15:19
well, not image, is a backup from my flash0 sorrry got confused

Then you're up the creak without a paddle, unless you have pandora, and someone has a 1.50 nand image - but them giving it to you would be illegal.

Cloudy

mnuhaily22
September 24th, 2007, 15:59
Sorry if this has been covered but, does anyone know if Pandora will still work after updating to 3.71 m33? Cause if it does then I will update to try it out and maybe either wait for the kernel 1.50 installer/unbricker or just revert back to 3.52 m33-4.
Sort of, cause I upgraded to 3.71 M33 and didn't like it for various reasons, so I tried to downgrade using pandora, and it didn't work, and then I restored my dump that I dumped when I had 3.52 M33 and I got restored to 3.52 M33 like before...

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 16:15
Then you're up the creak without a paddle, unless you have pandora, and someone has a 1.50 nand image - but them giving it to you would be illegal.

Cloudy

I have a friend who has a 3.52 M33, wich I installed LOL, the only thing is that I need to create a pandora battery with mine, but my only MS is 4GB so I'll buy one, downgrade my friends psp (wich I'm doubtful as I just ruined mine, got the nand and do all other stuff)
On the other hand I think right now pandora will do nothing to my flash, cause it has 3.71m33 corrupted files, but still 3.71m33

Sort of, cause I upgraded to 3.71 M33 and didn't like it for various reasons, so I tried to downgrade using pandora, and it didn't work, and then I restored my dump that I dumped when I had 3.52 M33 and I got restored to 3.52 M33 like before...

This was what I figured out should've done, cause recovery eboot wont erase the files (also pandora), you need to manually restore a flash backup if you want to downgrade

I'm glad that in the original post says DAX is going to release an unbricker for both slim and fat psp, so that's my only hope

Cloudhunter
September 24th, 2007, 16:18
If your MS is 4GB, you can still make a pandora :) It's OVER 4GB that is the problem.

Cloudy

mike_jmg
September 24th, 2007, 16:38
If your MS is 4GB, you can still make a pandora :) It's OVER 4GB that is the problem.

Cloudy

OK:thumbup: , now I just need the new unbricker:( :p , hope It would help me erase flash and restore my old backup

JPJunkie
September 24th, 2007, 16:40
OMG wow!

I'm lost for words!

Why is he leaving?

ExcruciationX
September 24th, 2007, 17:12
This bricked my PSP (I recovered).

Mister Klownes
September 24th, 2007, 17:32
and you thought it was dramatic before? Well how about...SECRET IDENTITIES! bum bum bummmm!

b_simpson1999
September 24th, 2007, 19:13
hmm not sure if anyone else has this promblem with the phat or slim verson (i have a phat) but am trying to scan for wi-fi and it coming up with the error (ok just looked and it says it fine maybe it just when u can't fine 1 that it gives you an error, i'll try it again when in an area with no wi-fi single and give you a code if it comes up)

maxipower90
September 24th, 2007, 19:31
great news that hes back.... im version 3.40oea and i want to upgrade to the newest DA version, can anyone help me, can i go staright to 3.71 M33?

jurkevicz
September 24th, 2007, 19:40
No, read the readme file.

maxipower90
September 24th, 2007, 19:48
thats what i thought, so whats my best bet

3.40oea - 3.52M33 then this?

jurkevicz
September 24th, 2007, 20:07
yes

Safari Al
September 24th, 2007, 20:45
good thing im already at 3.52 m33 then :p

Broadus
September 24th, 2007, 20:46
Just so everyone knows, DON'T UPGRADE... This has no 1.5 kernel and is pretty useless, unless you're using a PSP Slim.

maxipower90
September 24th, 2007, 20:53
Just so everyone knows, DON'T UPGRADE... This has no 1.5 kernel and is pretty useless, unless you're using a PSP Slim.

thank you dude

Broadus
September 24th, 2007, 21:08
I'm not trying to throw around slander or anything, it's just that I foolishly upgraded both of my PSPs from 3.52 M33 to 3.71 M33. I was even thinking about how I liked 3.52 just fine and didn't need to upgrade, and I certainly wouldn't have if I'd paid enough attention to realize that there's no 1.5 kernel.
Even the Recovery function won't work to let me go back to 1.5 so I'm pretty screwed.
Seems like it was released without the 1.5 kernel just to spite software whores like me.

maxipower90
September 24th, 2007, 21:13
3.40oea covers all my needs anyway im just thinking for the near future for when it will be required to play games.

drock82
September 24th, 2007, 21:19
well dark alex said the last update will include the 1.50 kernal...but before i upgrade i want to know do custom themes work like the apple xbm screen:confused:

CaptainMorgan4
September 24th, 2007, 21:46
Yeah I need serious HELP people, I cannot access the recovery menu on my PSP 1000 or Phat. I have tried the powering the PSP up and holding the R-trigger without the memory stick and it doesn't do anything for me. I have tried taking the battery out for several minutes and then trying it and to no avail. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME THE **** OFF!

edit: Okay somehow after trying MULTIPLE times the memory stick thing did work but I now have a question, do Top_Menu plugins work on this CWF? I just want to change my icons to the platnium ones I'm used to but I don't want to brick so I figured I'd ask.

DarthPaul
September 24th, 2007, 21:56
Captain did you try accesing it without the Memory Stick inserted?

Edit: Oh yeah, me dumb...

Uh... do you have the VSH Menu Plug-in Enabled? So you can press the SELECT Button and access it, then get in the Flash0 and re-flash it and see if that fixes the error.

CaptainMorgan4
September 24th, 2007, 22:21
Okay I have gotten 2 of my 4 plugins to work so far on 3.71 M33 (AntiUpdate & PRXInfo) the ones I haven't been able to work is obviousl POPStation and my VSHAnalog plugin. I hope the patch that is comming out will fix these. But wierdly though when I accessed the Flash0 from the recovery there was NO topmenu plugin file to replace so I didn't try to change my icons to platnium. Can anyone tell me if changing my icon colors is a possibility as of now?

shard743
September 24th, 2007, 22:49
Anyway to go about downgrading back to 1.50(Or any other fw/cfw) from this one...I forgot to make a backup....and I also tired the generic downgrader and it didn't want to work for me gave me 2 missing files errors...

SpooForBrains
September 25th, 2007, 00:03
Is there a reason why you can't downgrade using Pandora (on the phat)?

ish420ism
September 25th, 2007, 00:16

I didn't think that was possible:eek:

luysion
September 25th, 2007, 00:36
Hey sorry im a noob just recently bought a psp slim..
was hoping to get it hacked so i can dl games and play. I read that you needed to do the pandoras box thing but i dont have a psp phat..?
so a question is this a custom firmware for psp slim
that does not require a psp phat?

alexvander
September 25th, 2007, 00:57
Hey sorry im a noob just recently bought a psp slim..
was hoping to get it hacked so i can dl games and play. I read that you needed to do the pandoras box thing but i dont have a psp phat..?
so a question is this a custom firmware for psp slim
that does not require a psp phat?
dowloading games is illegal and against the law dont go askin for help with piracy its against the rules

luysion
September 25th, 2007, 01:03
ok then.. will i be able to use this instead of pandoras box method and get the same abilities.. without a psp phat?

shard743
September 25th, 2007, 01:23

can't make a pandora...I only had one battery so I converted it back afterwards...and 3.71 doesn't have 1.50 atm so I guess Ima just have to wait...

CaptainMorgan4
September 25th, 2007, 01:36
Yo guys I accessed the Flash0 to put my TopMenu plugin (platnium icons) in and there is NO topmenu plugin to replace so what do I do? Do I put it in there or will that mess it up? I don't want to semi brick or anything so someone please help me asap.

edit: Okay I got impatient and now I think bricked, I can get recovery so, but yeah as I attempted to put the top_menu.rco file for the platnium icons in the Flash0/vsh/resource/ folder it said I replacing a top_menu RCO file but it wasn't actually visable on the screen so I couldn't copy one to backup the file. I replaced it and now my PSP will freeze after startup before the icons would show up and then after that it will only bring up a black screen then shut off. Can anyone please supply me with an original top_menu RCO file to get my PSP to startup again or tell me what I'm doing wrong to get these Platnium original icons to work on 3.71 M33.

dmac
September 25th, 2007, 02:29
I bought my PSP in Canada. PSP-1001 series. I am running 3.52 M33 but will this update work for my PSP or is this only for european PSP ?

kryst abegnalie
September 25th, 2007, 03:34
If I were you, I would wait for the Game150 folder plugin, the installer says it does not included in the update, so we should wait until dark_alex "erm" M33 comes it in their site.

BTW, Ive known in the first place that dark_alex is m33, the clues are in its m33 recovery menu that more like dax, and we all know that only dax can know how to deal with the updates, and psp stuffs,
And for the peps who are still on 3.40OE and stucked in OE firmware and not on M33, i would say they are all losers, hehehe.:D
well, thanks anyway dark_alex or M33, or whoever you are, i hope that you still continue to make firmware updaters, and you stilll live up the psp scene. and still waiting for some plug-ins so that we can now enjoy on our homebrews in our psp phat 3.71 CFW, many thanks to you bro, kapatid.. Maraming Salamat!! Adios!! Thank you!! :thumbup:

CaptainMorgan4
September 25th, 2007, 04:32
Okay I tried Recovering back to 1.5 but it gives me errors and doesn't return me to 1.5 like it's supposed to. Trust me I have ran recovery to 1.5 before so everything is setup right but it still isn't working. Someone please post the original top_menu plugin.RCO for 3.71 M33 so I can have my PSP. Please SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!

cyclonus002
September 25th, 2007, 05:23
I think its not working cause if im not mistaken it needs the 1.50 kernel to work...i tried to go back to 1.50 too but because in the recovery menu when i switch to the 3.71 kernel... it says its using the 3.52 kernel...I was gonna start from scratch to make sure i did it right but like you the recovery pack didnt work

Johnny Rash
September 25th, 2007, 06:58
I must have missed this thread.

This is awesome news. I'll update as soon as I can. I know it doesn't have support for the old kernel but it's still kickass.

And Dark_Alex is still around!

EDIT: Updated.

cyclonus002
September 25th, 2007, 07:08
Damn, it looks like alot of us need the 1.50 patch for 3.17M33...

CaptainMorgan4
September 25th, 2007, 07:17
Cyclonus could you possibly access your flash0 via USB from the recovery menu to send me a copy of the "topmenu_plugin.RCO" from the "/mso:flash0/vsh/resources/" folder? I can't even start my PSP right now because I couldn't make a backup of it when trying to change it to platnium icons, please I'd appreciate it alot and it only takes 5mins.

xxhiroshi21xx
September 25th, 2007, 09:03
Well IRshell is dead with this release -sighs-.. Now I'll need to wait until a newer IRSHELL release comes out... Other than the incompatibilities with older software, the firmware works perfectly for me.. recovery menu and all, I can still run homebrew using Team Noobz e-loader made for the PSP Slim.

SpooForBrains
September 25th, 2007, 10:37
OK, I get why recovery doesn't work as it did in previous firmwares, but is there a reason why you can't use Pandora to go back to 1.5 from this release?

Also, there have been a few changes in this release from previous custom firmwares. Would it have been too much to say:

1. Using recovery to return to 1.5 will not work because x. instead do y.

and to mention the fact that you may need to remove the memory stick to access recovery at all (which, also ... why?).

It seems like the drama llamaing is more important than getting across basic information these days. It never used to be that way.

Napalm-Death
September 25th, 2007, 11:46
and to mention the fact that you may need to remove the memory stick to access recovery at all (which, also ... why?).

My recovery works even with the MS inserted. >_>

Cloudhunter
September 25th, 2007, 12:24
OK, I get why recovery doesn't work as it did in previous firmwares, but is there a reason why you can't use Pandora to go back to 1.5 from this release?

I'm not sure about that, but I know if you make a nand image of your previous firmware, that will get flashed fine for you to go back to it. Most likely Dark_AleX will address that problem in his updated pandora and next update.

Also, there have been a few changes in this release from previous custom firmwares. Would it have been too much to say:

1. Using recovery to return to 1.5 will not work because x. instead do y.

The release does seem kind of rushed. As I said before, I'd wait for the updated pandora and 1.50 addon :)

That is actually a mistake... The problem is that the recovery is vsh mode, which means that plugin's also get loaded in the recovery - and as many of the nid's have changed, many plugin's don't work.

However, if you remove the memory stick, it can't read seplugins or the plugins, so doesn't load them.[/quote]

It seems like the drama llamaing is more important than getting across basic information these days. It never used to be that way.

I think that's rather unfair. I believe these are all just honest mistakes due to un-thorough testing.

Cloudy

SpooForBrains
September 25th, 2007, 13:06
I think that's rather unfair. I believe these are all just honest mistakes due to un-thorough testing.

Cloudy

Oh, the bugs or new features, whatever you want to call them, I don't mind in the least. In fact I expect them in a major release like this. What I don't think is too much to ask is that these things are at least documented.

I mean, I'm not stupid! I have kept up with most of the developments in the scene as much as I can, but if I have to come here and ask whether Pandora will work for downgrading, or how I'm supposed to do it ... this info should be with the release, not buried in the comment threads of a dozen different websites.

It means that if you're not following things 24/7 you completely lose track and end up in the situation I am in now, which is that I just have no idea about half of this stuff!

Maybe it's our own faults, here. Maybe we should be documenting this stuff better rather than relying on Dark_Alex and n00bz to do it for us. I don't know.

mikebeaver
September 25th, 2007, 14:27
I would just like to point out that you CAN go back o 3.52 m33 with a Pandora battery, but you will need to have the 3.52 m33 update on your memory stick and have the extended pandora bootmenu from Hellcat, I have done this myself purely to see if it works, and it does.

Warning this must be done BEFORE you run the 3.71 update as the pandora extender runs under 1.50 ipl, if you already updated you will need to ask around for the pre-made files, I dont think I can share them legally here (If a mod could clear that up maybe?)

1) make sure you have M33 3.52 update in the psp/game folder

2) download the pandora boot menu exender from Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=21027&d=1190321446). Put the 2 files into GAME150 and then run from the XMB.

3) If you havent made a pandora battery do so now.... :

4)go to the pandora menu by putting memory stick in the psp and then inserting pandora battery

5)go down to "Launch CFW installer (o or [] to choose path" press "o" to open then choose the "m33 52" by pressing "X".

6) Back on the main screen press the triangle button on the "Launch CFW...." position again, this will now set up the battery/ MS to start the CFW installation if the WiFi switch it in the up position.

you can now remove the battery, next time you want to down grade just put the MS in then the battery with the WiFi swith in up position.

it will go straight to a screen that wil ask if you want to install cfw or not, if you want to go to the pandora menu you MUST put the WiFi switch back in the down position BEFORE you press "o" to "draw back" if not it makes it just boot up as normal.

Hope this helps a few of you, im off to go sit in a corner.

Mike..

Sonicboy 101
September 25th, 2007, 15:18
All this stuff with Pandora seems confusing, I shall stay on 3.52 M33 for now.

Saracchini
September 25th, 2007, 15:33
Does an already made pandora battery + magic memory stick works normaly to revert to 1.50 firmware ?

Mr-S
September 25th, 2007, 16:14
man i dont need to upgrade......... but why didnt he stay lying if he was going to lie........ i had hope in the m33 now thats gone?! is there any other coders out there? (not including dax and his many names) i wish i could learn coding now.......

CaptainMorgan4
September 25th, 2007, 17:02
People what is your problem please help me, I tried changing my topmenu_plugin.RCO to get my platnium icons and now I can't get my PSP to boot up because of the incompatability. I need an original topmenu_plugin.RCO from the flash0/vsh/resource folder! I couldn't make a backup before trying to test my platnium icons because it said there was one ther but it wasn't visable so I just went for it. Please if any of you could just take 5min and upload a copy of the topmenu_plugin.RCO file so I can have my PSP back, SOMEONE PLEASE!

masamune
September 25th, 2007, 17:09
woah, I just read through most of these comments and it seems that this is causing nothing but problems indeed... dax should have waited to release the psp-1001 version of this cfw.

mikebeaver
September 25th, 2007, 17:24
CaptainMorgan4: do you have a pandora battery and memory stick by any chance?

WICKEDpsychoCLOWN
September 25th, 2007, 17:40
is anyone else haveing a problem w/ mapthis not working

CaptainMorgan4
September 25th, 2007, 20:09
MikeBeaver no I do not but don't you just make Pandora batteries and memory sticks? I never got into the whole Pandora thing because I've never bricked and have always been on 1.5 or a custom firmware. Anyway yeah I have a spare battery and my original 32mb stick, what can I do with those to make them Pandora? Also after I'm done can I return them to they're normal state?

Saracchini
September 25th, 2007, 20:18
MikeBeaver no I do not but don't you just make Pandora batteries and memory sticks? I never got into the whole Pandora thing because I've never bricked and have always been on 1.5 or a custom firmware. Anyway yeah I have a spare battery and my original 32mb stick, what can I do with those to make them Pandora? Also after I'm done can I return them to they're normal state?

You need an Pro Duo Mem Stick... the 32 MB Stick is only Duo. with Pandora you can play around with your PSP and firmwares. Only dont lose or mess with the IDStorage keys !

Anyway, in the last sunday my CFW stoped to run anything with 1.50 kernel (including recovery,CFW updaters, downgraders,etc...) and DAX blocked the update of any Official Sony firmware update... without Pandora my PSP will be stucked forever in an semi-bricked 3.40 OE-A. If you have an MS Pro Duo and another battery make it an Pandora Kit without delay,You cant predict the future.

Dont ask me why my PSP stopped run 1.50 Eboots because i never used custom XMB,flashed plugins or anything which changes flash0 !

CaptainMorgan4
September 25th, 2007, 20:28
Can anyone please post a copy of the topmenu_plugin.RCO file PLEASE!!! All you need to do is go into the recovery menu on your 3.71 M33 PSP and hook the USB cable into it, then go to advanced config. From there click Flash0, on your pc open up the folder from the memory stick (from my computer or whatever) and click on the vsh folder, then click into the resources folder. Inside there look for a file called "topmenu_plugin.rco" and copy and paste a copy of it to your desktop or whatever. Then upload it on a site or however you want to do it and give me a link please. It will only take 2min and you will be saving my PSP, please someone take this short amount of time and HELP me out please.

SpooForBrains
September 25th, 2007, 21:25
Dont ask me why my PSP stopped run 1.50 Eboots because i never used custom XMB,flashed plugins or anything which changes flash0 !

Have you tried using the flash1 formatter? I experienced weird problems with recovery and other errors due to a corrupt flash1.

Saracchini
September 25th, 2007, 21:48
Have you tried using the flash1 formatter? I experienced weird problems with recovery and other errors due to a corrupt flash1.

Thats the problem... flash1 formatter requires 1.50 kernel modules. USB mode in recovery too. My PSP rebooted when i tried run in or activate the USB connection in Recovery menu. In XMB the same thing ocuured with 1.50 eboots... only 3.XX eboots worked .

CaptainMorgan4
September 25th, 2007, 22:43
Guys MikeBeaver was nice enough to send me his VSH folder from flash0 and I deleted mine out of the flash0 and replaced it with his but I still am not getting my PSP to boot. I only messed with the topmenu_plugin.rco in the resources folder so I'm really confused to why this didn't work. Anyone here know what I can do to get my PSP working again???????????

mavsman4457
September 26th, 2007, 01:15
or CFE 1.4 ..... that works better :p

What is CFE 1.4? Is that kinda like Remotejoy or were you making a joke?

hodey
September 26th, 2007, 01:49
any news on the 1.50 "plugin"?

CaptainMorgan4
September 26th, 2007, 02:03
Anyone here that can help me unbrick my PSP!???

luysion
September 26th, 2007, 02:29
Just wondering , i have a psp slim and no access to a psp phat... cant somone just upload the stuff needed in the memory stick so i can do the pandoras box thing with the necessary files?

ty

mavsman4457
September 26th, 2007, 03:38
I thought I would update to this but it seems to be causing too many problems. I guess I'll wait for a new firmware or just wait to find out why everyone is bricking. I don't really feel like learning the pandora process even though I'm sure it will only take about 10 minutes.

CaptainMorgan4
September 26th, 2007, 04:44
I bricked by changing my topmenu_plugin so don't worry about that. HELP ME SOMEONE!!!

jurkevicz
September 26th, 2007, 05:28
I' ve bricked the same way, and that was 3 weeks ago. 2 days after I bought the Slim. I didn't even had a chance to try the cables to connect to the tv. I'm waiting for the new version of the Pandora battery.

CaptainMorgan4
September 26th, 2007, 08:20
Yeah but I'm on a PSP 1000 so I think I can get it fixed faster than the Slim but I'm not sure, can anyone tell me how to fix my PSP PLEASE!

ish420ism
September 26th, 2007, 08:54
Yeah but I'm on a PSP 1000 so I think I can get it fixed faster than the Slim but I'm not sure, can anyone tell me how to fix my PSP PLEASE!

Pandora is your answer. If you cant make one. just keep asking

ataribob
September 26th, 2007, 11:46
i,v downloaded it from 2 places and it still freezes up or gives errors

kjetil1991
September 26th, 2007, 12:25
noooooooooo no 1.50 kernel for now =( i stay3.52-4 must have my 1.5 kernel !D

jurkevicz
September 26th, 2007, 16:07
Yeah, the pandora battery will fix the Phat PSP no problem. I've done it. But the Slim is the problem.

CaptainMorgan4
September 26th, 2007, 17:23
Can anyone here tell me exactly what I need and what I need to do to make a Pandora? I'll be back on later to try to fix my PSP, so hopefully someone here will help explain to me what I need. If I don't have the supplies to make a pandora can I just wait until the 3.71 unbricker from Dark Alex to come out? And if that comes out how will it work will it just be an updated Recovery folder?

jurkevicz
September 26th, 2007, 19:03
DA's umbricker will be an new version of the Pandora for the slim only. The pandora we have now works for the Phat PSP. There's an easy pandora maker, I don't rememrer where I got it.

Foxx212
September 26th, 2007, 19:39
wat it is,well in other words wut up

Lwiggy
September 26th, 2007, 19:52
when upgrading there is always a chance a bricking, but in this new m33 3.71 there seems to be many bricks been reported on different forums, just wait for the M33 3.71 - 1 or 3.71 - 2,,,,,,, DAX made four updates in 3.51 because of bugs and thats quite alot, i would stick with OE for now psp lovers!;)

Lwiggy
September 26th, 2007, 20:05
DA's umbricker will be an new version of the Pandora for the slim only. The pandora we have now works for the Phat PSP. There's an easy pandora maker, I don't rememrer where I got it.

LOL you got short term memory loss?? :confused: (joke)
search PANDORA'S BOX GUI for the best one i used it!! ;)

doclane
September 26th, 2007, 20:35
since this fixes your idstorage keys, when the next ofw comes out, will you be able to go straight to official?

CaptainMorgan4
September 26th, 2007, 21:09
Ok guys I'm going to give this Pandora battery thing a try, I have a Sandisk 4gb (ruby red) memory stick and the standard 32MB stick. I have 2 batteries, the Mega 2600mah battery and then the Sony 2200mah STAMINA battery. Then finally a bricked 3.71 M33 PSP Phat (PSP1000). So do I have the appropriate supplies or am I screwed for now. If I can't do this Pandora procedure do you think Dark Alex will release a RECOVERY folder (like in 3.02OE) that will work on 3.71 M33 or what will he release to unbrick us 3.71 M33 brickers?

doclane
September 26th, 2007, 22:27
Ok guys I'm going to give this Pandora battery thing a try, I have a Sandisk 4gb (ruby red) memory stick and the standard 32MB stick. I have 2 batteries, the Mega 2600mah battery and then the Sony 2200mah STAMINA battery. Then finally a bricked 3.71 M33 PSP Phat (PSP1000). So do I have the appropriate supplies or am I screwed for now. If I can't do this Pandora procedure do you think Dark Alex will release a RECOVERY folder (like in 3.02OE) that will work on 3.71 M33 or what will he release to unbrick us 3.71 M33 brickers?

unless you have a homebrew enabled psp, your screwed. and your ms has to be a pro duo, so i dont think the 32 mb will work.

Cloudhunter
September 26th, 2007, 23:22
when upgrading there is always a chance a bricking, but in this new m33 3.71 there seems to be many bricks been reported on different forums, just wait for the M33 3.71 - 1 or 3.71 - 2,,,,,,, DAX made four updates in 3.51 because of bugs and thats quite alot, i would stick with OE for now psp lovers!;)

People have only bricked because they messed around with the flash. Don't mess around with the flash, no problem :)

Cloudy

pspforme!!
September 27th, 2007, 00:51
Holy shit!

I just tried the mp3 plugin and it did the same thing to me. very scary. thanks for saying how you fixed it!

CaptainMorgan4
September 27th, 2007, 01:29
Will the sandisk 4gb ruby red one work for pandora? Can I use the battery and stick normally after this thing?

CaptainMorgan4
September 27th, 2007, 05:40
Sorry for the double post but will the unbricker for the 3.71 M33 fat be able to fix my PSP? Like can't Dark Alex just make an updated version of the recovery folder (like from 3.02OE) where you just put the 1.5 firmware in and name it "UPDATE" and then run the folder through Recovery Menu? There has to be an easier way to fix my PSP, I mean all I did was change my topmenu_plugin.rco file. HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE I'M DESPRITE!

Cloudhunter
September 27th, 2007, 06:13
Well... One thing you could try would be running the 3.71 M33 updater from the recovery menu. Just rename the install folder RECOVERY

Edit: Nah, doesn't work. Freezes when starting the SCE updater :(

Fortuneately, the unbricker will work, and yes a 4gb sandisk can be used.

Cloudy

CaptainMorgan4
September 27th, 2007, 07:05
Yeah but will the 4gb Sandisk Ruby Red one work, like will that exact one work or are you just saying a 4gb stick will work because I'm just wondering if that exact one that I have will work?

kryst abegnalie
September 27th, 2007, 10:37
Hi,

Did you notice the M33 (http://m-33.narod.ru/) site is down now and all the links are now on dark alex site (http://www.dark-alex.org/)?? I hope that dark_alex should finished the 1.50 firmware plugin for 3.70 M33, before he leave again the scene, or make another alias.. hehehe

xxhiroshi21xx
September 27th, 2007, 13:45
He probably transfered sites, he said he'd do the 1.50 firmware patch, so hopefully he's a man of his word. One thing that irritates me though is he seems to enjoy drama a bit.. He makes a big deal about leaving, and then leaves, comes back and then leaves again.. what the ****..seriously..

bambamkey
September 27th, 2007, 19:17
Hello, I'm a newbie and not the most computer savy.
I've been trying to downgrade my firmware from 3.52 to 1.5 so I install any of the custom firmwares.
Every time I try it I get the game wont play scenario and the numerical code statring with an 8. Can some give me info put me in the right direction. I just want to add the Navi for my PSP and I need the custom firmware to do it. Please help I'm frustrated and desperate!

SpooForBrains
September 27th, 2007, 19:28
Hello, I'm a newbie and not the most computer savy.
I've been trying to downgrade my firmware from 3.52 to 1.5 so I install any of the custom firmwares.
Every time I try it I get the game wont play scenario and the numerical code statring with an 8. Can some give me info put me in the right direction. I just want to add the Navi for my PSP and I need the custom firmware to do it. Please help I'm frustrated and desperate!

For 3.52 you will need to use Pandora's Battery. First, go to

http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/pandoras-battery.html

which will tell you all about it. Then go to

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75005

for a tutorial.

CaptainMorgan4
September 27th, 2007, 20:10
Ok guys I figured out I can do the Pandora procedure since my memory stick is a PRO DUO, but question first. Since the only memory stick I can use to do the procedure is my MAIN memory stick I'm wondering if I have to delete or backup all my stuff on the pc first from the memory stick or just be able to leave everything on the stick and just do the Pandora procedure with all my data on there. So basically can I all my homebrew and stuff on the stick while I do the procedure or will it corrupt my shit or something? I'm just trying to see if I can save myself the extra 15min of backing all my files up. It's a 4gb PRO DUO so I have at least 900mb free so space is not a issue, I appreciate it to whoever answers my question.

bambamkey
September 27th, 2007, 20:37
Ok I've read the instructions, and from I gather I have to find someone whose PSP has the 1.5 firm or any firmware below 3.5 just to even start this procedure. Second should I find this person, am I going to copy the info from their memory stick and go from there? Just want to get clarification, if response is abrupt or rude, I understand. Just looking for some answers.

sgtchariot
September 28th, 2007, 08:32
it has to be a psp with 1.5 firware or any custom firmware.