PDA

View Full Version : Please don't flame me... just help

steevyhead
September 24th, 2007, 07:00
OK. i JUST bought my PSP yesterday, and i had NO idea about homebrew, or any of this amazing stuff.
Anyways i was setting up my PSP, and i thought it was the right thing to do, so i updated to 3.71.

IT WAS STUPID.. I KNOW...

but anyways, there is NO OTHER WAY other than pandora's battery???

no other way to downgrade?

and in making a jigkick battery, or pandoras battery
do you HAVE to have another PSP running homebrew?

Because i want to get this homebrew thing started
esp. since there is the release of 3.71 M33. with a 1.50 patch comming out.

Please help me, it was a stupid stupid mistake to upgrade, and i regret it and i just want to start REALLY playing with my PSP.

thanks

NoQuarter
September 24th, 2007, 07:08
Nope, it's pretty much pandora's battery or patience.Do you have a slim or fat psp?

ExcruciationX
September 24th, 2007, 11:18
You can find an auto installer that makes a magic memory stick (like "Pandora's Box" by Dudewarez), buy the datel "tool" battery, and downgrade.

steevyhead
September 24th, 2007, 14:37
I assumed that i had the slim since i bought it brand new in a store 4 days ago now.... the bottom says PSP-1001. is there any other way to tell?

ICE
September 24th, 2007, 14:54
well you could try this if your good at this kinda crap lol
http://www.codemayhem.net/viewtopic.php?t=1020

Prasoc
September 24th, 2007, 15:41
psp slims are "PSP-2000" at the bottom not 1001

ExcruciationX
September 24th, 2007, 15:47
Then it's a "phat" PSP.

ICE
September 24th, 2007, 15:48
2001 is on the bottom of slims. your is a fattie.

murgero1
September 25th, 2007, 02:52
Run the pandoras box program on the computer.
(psp in usb mode pluged in computer or card reader.)YOU LOSE ALL DATA ON MEMORY STICK BACK IT UP!!!!!
Buy the datel "tool" battery. (YES it is based off pandora. if you look at the code it is made exactly the same!)
turn your psp off all the way! (hold power 5-10 sec.)

put in the tool batery and memory stick. turn on psp. hit the button that says flash 1.50 Firmware.

Now there are risks, if you have a bad mem stick or bad update.pbp file you can brick your psp. but just get a new one and redo. till you get it right.

steve520
September 25th, 2007, 03:08
but if u dont want to get ripped if u have a hacker friend with a hacked psp tell him to make u one. thats what i do because those noobs think sony updates are cool.