PDA

View Full Version : Wii Table Tennis drops online play

Shrygue
September 24th, 2007, 18:45
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=172541)

The Wii version of Rockstar's Table Tennis will not include an online mode, Rockstar has just told us.

The online multiplayer mode featured in the 360 has been dropped on Wii because, as Rockstar explains: "All the focus is going into making it the most advanced control system on the Wii."

Granted, the control system is very good - you can read about that in our preview right now. But we can't help but feel it's completely unrelated to the omission of online play.

Surely a good control system AND an online mode in the same game isn't too much to ask.

duckharding30
September 25th, 2007, 08:29
lazy arses thats all i can say, it was a major feature of the 360 version and even though i will still buy it for wii i cant begin to say how pissed off i am that they have left online play out, although online is becoming more frequent in wii titles i still feel nintendo has a lot to answer for by delaying online play so long, if it was on launch games (wii sport would have been awesome online) i dont think rockstar would have dreamed of leaving it out because they would have been in a minority group and would have probobaly been far more criticised for it but as it stands they can now just blend in with the vast majority of wii offline games.