PDA

View Full Version : Beta of cwcheat for 3.71 firmware

mikebeaver
September 24th, 2007, 21:57
Here is Weltall's latest research into getting CW Cheat to run on the 3.xx Kernel, thanks to Sony changing a lot of Nids most of the homebrew prx's will need to be fixxed, nice to see this one is up and on it's way so soon, especially as Weltall doesnt have a PSP Slim and isnt using 3.71 M33.

Kudos to that man.

Here's the Download (http://cwcheat.consoleworld.org/downloads/index.php?act=download&id=16)

Here's the Read me.

This is a beta of cwcheat for 3.71 firmware.

[BETA1]
It's the lite prx for psp games/homebrews/vsh so no cheat searching functions and pops for now (teorically this should launch in homebrew mode in pops by forcing it with R but I couldn't get it tried)
This is what i come up after a lot of checking in nid tables and without powering on the psp for the entire process :
As some may know i didn't update to 3.71 yet because of the missing 1.50 kernel but these are personal reasons and doesn't matter with cwcheat.
So i've to thanks for those who tested it (mikebeaver, jamesbdx, robertfissk from malloc.us irc network) and i was really lucky as it worked at the first try :)

This is to be considered a beta first of all because it isn't very well tested and also because some functions are missing because they are dependant on some functions i couldn't find for now, these are:

Brightness function
lock of power during risky processes (loading/saving db/screenshots in fast mode): so avoid putting your psp in suspend/poweroff else cwcheat may crash on restore or the files being written/readed could be corrupt.

plus i decided to make a lite prx just to be sure it worked before furter testing, so for now the cheat search functions are disabled and this needs to be installed on top of an installation of 0.1.9 REV.E to be sure to work and should work in vsh, 3.7x homebrews and games (tested only in game)overwrite the cwcheat.prx in the seplugins folder and enable it in plugins.

enjoy :)

If you want to do a donation you may use this link: http://cwcheat.consoleworld.org/donations.php

blackrave
September 24th, 2007, 22:00
Yup, great work by weltall. It's good to see plugins updated to work on the Slim / M33. :)
I'll stick with the old stable versions, though, as I still have 3.52 M33 installed.

Thanks for the news, mikebeaver!

Hehe:

<&weltall> completely without the psp and either 3.71 :P
<&weltall> it was the most fast release i ever did
Impressive. Thanks for testing.

Sonicboy 101
September 24th, 2007, 22:02
Another great piece of work. Much obliged. :)

DarthPaul
September 24th, 2007, 22:28
Hell yeah! Keep it coming! More 3.71 stuff, I'm loving this. Thanks mike.

unstoppable_96
September 25th, 2007, 06:56
Owww man, another CW Cheat that doesnt work for me :(

Cloudhunter
September 25th, 2007, 12:34

If every single CW Cheat you try doesn't work, then it's you that is the problem.

Cloudy

mnuhaily22
September 25th, 2007, 13:03
Make sure you read the readme correctly;) ...