PDA

View Full Version : Bunjalloo - yet another DS web browser. v0.3

wraggster
September 24th, 2007, 22:34
News /release from Quirky! :

New version alert! It's up to version 0.3 now. I've had some beta-testing help so it isn't full of major bugs (well, it is, but not the ones you spot at first glance).

The big addition this time round is a re-done UI with better controls for navigating about the pages. It makes use of the new dswifi 0.3.3, so any connection bugs are all my own work ;-) Fuller details of the changes here:

http://code.google.com/p/quirkysoft/wiki/BunjallooChangelog

As this is a devver's forum, I'll add a note about the actual coding here, in case anyone is interested: First of all I'd just like to say - what a nightmare writing sodding GUI widgets is! :-) My design for the GUI library ("BWT" - Bunjalloo Widget Toolkit... naff, eh?) is semi-inspired by Java's Swing library, but in mini-minature. This sort of OO design seemed the only reasonably sane way to go, but it requires a fair amount of discipline to not add nasty hacks (which I've fallen into temptation and added several times). I already had a MVC thing going on for the HTML Document(M) -> Rendering/input(V) -> Controller(C), so this release is aimed at rewriting most of the "V" part. There have been changes in the "C" part too, mostly fixing the annoying "unable to load" gaffs. The "M" part is pretty stable for 0.3, if somewhat incomplete. But if I'd known how much work was involved to get a DS web browser to do *anything* I probably wouldn't have bothered. It's a bit late now..

BTW it's only known to work on my particular EZF5 and my particular US-import old-skool phat DS (with 2 dead pixels; one green, one blue). It uses all the latest mod cons - DLDI, libfat, dswifi, etc - but it's all pot luck and no doubt won't work on whatever hardware you happen to be using. If it does, nice one! but if not, there ain't much I can do I'm afraid.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

kcajblue
September 25th, 2007, 00:04
its nice to see people are still working on browsers for the ds. :D

TeenDev
September 25th, 2007, 01:00
If combine DSO's with Okiwi, you get the Opera Browser... lol

zauberer
September 25th, 2007, 01:04
I've been seeing this since the first release.

This is getting better by the time. Keep the hard work.

Sigma83
September 25th, 2007, 05:23
This is running so fast. Excellent work, can't wait to see how this develops.

Is there a way to setup my internet connection on my DS without using something bout like Opera? or Mario kart???

wiggy fuzz
September 25th, 2007, 08:10
testing now... opera is now being resigned to it's game case

btw, dead pixels are when the pixels remain unlit (black). stuck pixels are when the pixel stays a single colour, my tv seems to have a green stuck pixel dead in the centre of the screen

DanWare
September 25th, 2007, 21:09
Dead pixels are often different colours. I have six DS Lites (kids too) and three have dead pixels.

All are white on a white background, but a different colour on any other background (such as bright red or bright green).

These ARE known as dead pixels - if it bothers you a lot Nintendo will replace them, but then, who cares if it's one or two?

kurtless
September 26th, 2007, 04:55
So to use a internet connection do you set the connection as your first one with your wifi settings and try it?