PDA

View Full Version : Game Pirate Sentenced To Jail Time

wraggster
September 24th, 2007, 22:44
via /. (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/24/1611237)

A man charged in a case separate from the much-publicized anti-modder raids last month has been sentenced to ninety days in prison, another nine months of work furlough, and five years of probation.
"Police seized over 1,000 pirated game discs during the raid on Brown's home, along with 'numerous' mod chips. Ric Hirsch, Vice-President of Intellectual Property Enforcement at the ESA, said, 'Sentences that include jail time send a clear message that violating intellectual property rights is a serious crime with significant consequences and violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.'"

kcajblue
September 25th, 2007, 00:03
that sucks for that guy.

Pilot_51
September 25th, 2007, 03:48
He must've made tons of money pirating, he deserves it.

Tetris999
September 25th, 2007, 03:54
Canada Ftw!

Anger
September 25th, 2007, 20:40
i wonder whats more serious - breaking into someones house and stealing everything including the kitchen sink OR pirating some software to make a little cash on the side, only hurting the wallets of big ass companies.
it makes me sick when they say shit like this is a serious crime when it clearly isnt. there are far more deserving crimes and the punishment just proves that judges are getting paycheques for being heavy handed on mod chip makers and pirates. the system sucks - i hope they get whats coming to them - the judges and big companies that is. and no i dont mean that fat wad of cash.

domthegod
September 25th, 2007, 22:20
Good point theres pedophiles and rapist and killers out there doing things to inacent people when big company's with millions/trillions losing a few mil.

Makes me mad.