PDA

View Full Version : Something strange:

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 00:47
I've only had 2 hours sleep since Saturday, it's now Tuesday. I've been dozing off here and there for like 10-15 minutes at a time, but when I goto bed I can't sleep. I'm sitting at my PC hoping to feel tired sometime soon, but what the hell I don't feel tired I'm not even yawning. And the strangest of things, is that I've had no caffeine whatsoever...

...I mean yeah, I've had a lot of sugar and that boosts my hyperactivity levels. But I've not had too much sugar, so my energy level shouldn't be this high. Wow, I really need to bore myself to sleep of which I'm open to suggestions. Is there any really boring FREE online games I can possibly try, or maybe a somewhat boring video on GoogleVideo/YouTube/MetaCafe/DailyMotion or any of the other video sites? (and don't say X tube - lol)

:):confused::(

kcajblue
September 25th, 2007, 00:56
insomnia maybe?

Smokerman
September 25th, 2007, 00:58
try getting off your pc and getting some excercise you stupid gay bastard

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 00:59
insomnia maybe?

Maybe? But I want to sleep thou, cause I've had problems before where I've been up for days and then I feel drained after (for more days than I was awake).

---

I can hear an owl, which must be one good thing of being awake?

SnesR0X
September 25th, 2007, 01:08
try getting off your pc and getting some excercise you stupid gay bastard

Go f*** yourself

Vampdude, if you still can't fall asleep try working out for a while.

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 01:12
Vampdude, if you still can't fall asleep try working out for a while.

I workout Monday to Friday dude, every week. I only have Saturdays and Sundays off from working out, If I'm still wide awake I'll jog an extra mile or two when I disappear in 5 hours (6am).

SnesR0X
September 25th, 2007, 01:19
I workout Monday to Friday dude, every week. I only have Saturdays and Sundays off from working out, If I'm still wide awake I'll jog an extra mile or two when I disappear in 5 hours (6am).

Damn, then screw it, drink yourself to sleep, that works :p

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 01:31
Damn, then screw it, drink yourself to sleep, that works :p

I usually drink myself to sleep during the winter, I go one third whiskey to two thirds milk for my milk and honey (In a jumbo mug) aswell as an extra few shots of whiskey beforehand (I'd be lucky if a bottle ever lasts a week) :p

kcajblue
September 25th, 2007, 01:34
just work yourself out so much that you dont want to move at all.
that should get you to sleep.

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 01:38
just work yourself out so much that you dont want to move at all.
that should get you to sleep.

When I've run 5 miles from home? (which I'd just have to crash in a field) lol :p

kcajblue
September 25th, 2007, 01:47
When I've run 5 miles from home? (which I'd just have to crash in a field) lol :pwhy not do exercises at your house?

PLZKLLME0080
September 25th, 2007, 01:58
Is there any really boring FREE online games I can possibly try, or maybe a somewhat boring video on GoogleVideo/YouTube/MetaCafe/DailyMotion or any of the other video sites?

Runescape.

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 02:19
why not do exercises at your house?

I could, and then I could just go downstairs and play Boxing on Wii Sports for an hour or two as thats a good exercise (but boring). I like going outside into the cold damp air to exercise as it's good to feel the cold of the air fight your body's temperature, plus the cold air and sweat equals pain of somewhat which is better to work with rather than indoors in the warmth :)

Runescape.

Runescape is highly boring, I have an account which has never been used...

...Hopefully I can get my password :)

ganondorf
September 25th, 2007, 02:25
I hate it when that happens. It happens to me before I have something big the following day. I know how it feels.

I dont know what will help. Maybe try listening to someting very very boring. Find some slow music on youtube and play it while you try sleeping.

I heard about sleeping pills.

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 02:37
I hate it when that happens. It happens to me before I have something big the following day. I know how it feels.

I dont know what will help. Maybe try listening to someting very very boring. Find some slow music on youtube and play it while you try sleeping.

I heard about sleeping pills.

I always get restless when I have to do stuff, but the thing this time is that I don't have to do anything whatsoever.

The soundtrack to Howl's Moving Castle sometimes works, but I'd rather watch something than sleep.

Sadly sleeping tablets don't always work for me, thou all they seem to do is slow me down? (which strangely slow isn't sleep?)

ganondorf
September 25th, 2007, 02:45
I got nothing, sorry.

It happens to me too. I am very lively at night, but in the day I become weak and lazy.

SnesR0X
September 25th, 2007, 02:46
If all else fails, use a hammer.

steve520
September 25th, 2007, 02:47
Vampdude take it from me u really want to go to sleep take like 3 shots of nyquil it will knock you out but it tastes like crap though. one time my friends mom gave my friend half a bottle he went into a mild coma.

ganondorf
September 25th, 2007, 02:51
nyquil will definetely work. But the taste is horrible.

Your mouth and naval pasages burn and your chest is pounding.

quzar
September 25th, 2007, 02:54
Last few times I tried sleeping pills I woke up an hour or so later with a horrible nosebleed. Nyquil is horribly addictive if you don't actually have a cold. If you like whiskey, milk and honey, I suggest at some point trying to get barenjager to substitute for honey (or for the whole concoction). Stuff's delicious.

ganondorf
September 25th, 2007, 02:58
Last few times I tried sleeping pills I woke up an hour or so later with a horrible nosebleed. Nyquil is horribly addictive if you don't actually have a cold. If you like whiskey, milk and honey, I suggest at some point trying to get barenjager to substitute for honey (or for the whole concoction). Stuff's delicious.

milk and honey huh? I will try it.

steve520
September 25th, 2007, 03:04
hmm nyquil is addictive that explains why i have 50 bottles in my cabinent but i dont think a shot will get u addicted.

ganondorf
September 25th, 2007, 03:08
Maybe this will help vamp:

http://www.healthbolt.net/2006/07/24/how-to-5-tricks-to-get-a-good-nights-sleep-7-days-a-week/

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 03:17
Vampdude take it from me u really want to go to sleep take like 3 shots of nyquil it will knock you out but it tastes like crap though. one time my friends mom gave my friend half a bottle he went into a mild coma.

nyquil will definetely work. But the taste is horrible.

Your mouth and naval pasages burn and your chest is pounding.

I already have bottles of medicine, I never take it (unless I need to) thou cause I get headaches.

Isn't that stuff just honey?

quzar
September 25th, 2007, 03:53
Isn't that stuff just honey?

Yea, but alcoholic honey. Actually it's slightly 'thinner' than honey (that is to say not as thick).

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 04:03
Yea, but alcoholic honey. Actually it's slightly 'thinner' than honey (that is to say not as thick).

So it's like slightly watered down honey, but just as sweet and alcoholic?

quzar
September 25th, 2007, 04:05
I would hesitate to use the term watered down because that implies something about it's consistancy. When it is cold it feels like warm honey, you know how when you heat honey up it becomes more liquid> Like that. It also feels like warm honey going down due to the alcohol.

Great with cookies and such =).

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 04:29
I would hesitate to use the term watered down because that implies something about it's consistancy. When it is cold it feels like warm honey, you know how when you heat honey up it becomes more liquid> Like that. It also feels like warm honey going down due to the alcohol.

Great with cookies and such =).

You mean it's like really loose honey, whereas normally honey before being heated is a lot firmer...

...It's most probably the alcohol that makes the honey seem runnier as alcohol is naturally warm (well not heat warm) because alcohol cannot freeze.

quzar
September 25th, 2007, 04:45
You mean it's like really loose honey, whereas normally honey before being heated is a lot firmer...

...It's most probably the alcohol that makes the honey seem runnier as alcohol is naturally warm (well not heat warm) because alcohol cannot freeze.

I'm sure it also has to do with whatever process they use to infuse it, as it's not like they just take honey and dump it into a vat of neutral spirits and call it a day. Regardless, it's delicious.

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 22:34
I'm sure it also has to do with whatever process they use to infuse it, as it's not like they just take honey and dump it into a vat of neutral spirits and call it a day. Regardless, it's delicious.

That sounds like something I would do, I would probably make a very horrible imitation if I attempted (thou other imitations I've made are cool and very close - such as T.G.I. Friday's Jack Daniels sauce) :)

Although, it could be exactly what they do? (well the homemade ones at least)

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A4renj%C3%A4ger)

In Germany, Bärenfang is also homemade since the basic recipe and many variations are generally available. Most homemade Bärenfang is also based on vodka but some recipes with a higher alcohol content are based on rectified spirit. Bärenfang is always made with honey from nectar since the use of honey from honeydew sometimes creates a bitter aftertaste.