PDA

View Full Version : Beta of cwcheat for 3.71 firmware. [BETA2]

mikebeaver
September 25th, 2007, 16:46
Weltall has updated his BETA of CWCheat for 3.71 today it now has a lot more functionality over the release of the last BETA.

You can download it from Here (http://cwcheat.consoleworld.org/downloads/index.php?act=download&id=17)

As usual, many thanks go to weltall for being so damn quick with the updates to this, keep it up man.

Mike..

Here is the latest Info's/

With this release all these functions are working:
1) screenshoot (normal and fast mode), brightness changer (5th level on lites),

2) frame counter,
3) remapsp,
4) cheating with pops and normal engine,
5) usb,
6) memory dump,
7) clock changer (cpu/bus),
8) informations about memory stick/power informations,
9) memory editor,
10) disassembler,
11) various cheat serching methods and many others (pratically almost all)

This is what i come up after a lot of checking in nid tables and without powering on the psp

for the entire process :P

As some may know i didn't update to 3.71 yet because of the missing 1.50 kernel but these

are personal reasons and doesn't matter with cwcheat.
So i've to thanks for those who tested it (mikebeaver, jamesbdx, robertfissk from malloc.us

irc network) and i was really lucky as it worked at the first try :)

overwrite the cwcheat.prx and cwcheatpops.prx in the seplugins folder and enable them in

plugins. if you don't need cheat searching functions use the lite versions.

enjoy :)

If you want to do a donation you may use this link:

http://cwcheat.consoleworld.org/donations.php

BETA CHANGELOG:
-added normal prxes and pops prxes
-added new brigthness and power lock/unlock nids so now it's all working normally
Known bugs:
-Home return may not work. it was reported that disabling cheats help in this. I will be

able to look in the issue after the release of the 1.50 addon for 2.71

urherenow
September 26th, 2007, 02:36
now THIS is usefull for reviews ;)

screenshot works like a champ ingame. For those who didn't know (I didn't because I couldn't find it in the docs), you go to configure -> change buttons and there you can set a button to take screenshots with. The resulting shots are... picture perfect :D

Napalm-Death
September 26th, 2007, 05:07
Hm, doesn't work for me.:confused:

DarthPaul
September 26th, 2007, 05:18
Wiii thanks.

Awesome release!

urherenow
September 26th, 2007, 05:23
what do you mean it doesn't work? the prx by itself isn't enough. You have to install all of 0.1.9 rev E first and replace the .PRXs with these ones. Then make sure they are enabled in the recovery menu.

unstoppable_96
September 26th, 2007, 08:45
Another CW Cheat that doesnt work on New Zealand games for some reason :(

mikebeaver
September 26th, 2007, 09:13
Another CW Cheat that doesnt work on New Zealand games for some reason :(

I really am confussed by your situation, I have never had a version of CW CCheat that doesnt work.

All PSP games are region free, It's only the UMD films that are region protected.
You nee to put this into a folder called "seplugins" on the root of your memory card, inside that folder place all of these files and away you go.
All you have to do then is go to the recovery mode, enable the cwcheat prx's for game.txt, vsh.txt and pops.txt and it will work by pressing the "Select" key in game, sometimes you will find you have to hold it for up to 5 seconds initially, but you can change the delay in the menu screen once it is up.
Let me know if this helps you out mate,

Mike..

jupchinbom
September 26th, 2007, 10:40
Finally a CWCheat for 3.71 M33. Just wondering. Is there a way to reverse cheatcodes? As in enable then disable them again?

For Crisis Core btw.

Napalm-Death
September 26th, 2007, 12:26
Hm, thanks urherenow, it works now. The only problem I'm having now would be loading SOTN cheats.

urherenow
September 26th, 2007, 15:37
I don't think the cheat database is tested all that much. The games I've used it on have always had codes that work and others that don't seem to work at all (and some that cause games to freeze like the no random battles code in rev D for Brave Story) and a lot of the time, the codes are gone or replaced when the next cwcheat version comes out.

As far as putting my own codes in or finding codes... I couldn't help you. I've tried to look at existing codes and figure out exactly what they were doing, but I'm not getting anywhere until I'm actually SHOWN how to do it :/

oh and jupchinbom : Of course you can disable 1 cheat or all of them at the same time! Turn them off the same way you turned them on. If you use a code for an RPG that like gives you gold or super stats or something, turning the cheat off won't take it away though, it doesn't work like that.