PDA

View Full Version : MS admits Halo 3 scratched disc problem

Shrygue
September 25th, 2007, 20:09
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=172602)

Microsoft has admitted there's a problem with Halo 3's Limited Edition packaging scratching game discs, and is now offering replacements via the Xbox website.

The problem is blamed on the plastic and foam nub in the LE tin designed to hold the discs; it turns out plenty of gamers - including CVG - are opening their copies of Halo to find the discs loose and scratched.

Microsoft's replacement program lets those unfortunate few download and complete a form to get a working copy for free, with a minimum wait of two weeks. Other games are covered by the program, but you'll have to pay £10 for anything that isn't Halo.

You can get ahold of the form yourself here (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/discreplacement-program.htm).

DarthPaul
September 25th, 2007, 23:06
Damn that sucks. Thank God that I bought a Regular Edition. It's awesome! :D

amadeus
September 26th, 2007, 12:45
Yeah, got the regular myself.
After bioshock did the figurine and tin for an extra tenner these "special editions" of a tin box and dvd dont realy seem like good value.

Cap'n 1time
September 26th, 2007, 18:17
Yeah, got the regular myself.
After bioshock did the figurine and tin for an extra tenner these "special editions" of a tin box and dvd dont realy seem like good value.

I agree. I would have bought it if it came with a grunt figurine that said "They're everywhere!" when you pull a string though.

slipk487
September 27th, 2007, 06:47
im buying the limited edition tomorrow from a friend. i hope it aint scrached.

the reason he is selling it is because he bought it and doesnt have an xbox and dont have a job to get an xbox for a while. i dont know why but at least i can get a copy i didnt have the money to preorder it. im not even paying him till friday when i get payed.

V3N0M
September 27th, 2007, 08:31
Well I picked up a Legendary Edition and it works great! BTW I've really enjoyed the game and all the cool stuff that came with the Legendary Edition!

Uchiha Roger
September 27th, 2007, 14:47
Yeah people are having this problem lately; that's why I bought the regular edition and will not buy the so called "Limited Editions" of games till they do something to fix this issue.