PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is flash0?

hooliganbandit
September 25th, 2007, 23:36
It seems all my errors regarding unbricking my psp lead back to flash0. I would guess my other flash drives are messed up too but since nothing ever gets passed flash0, I don't know. So, what exactly is it? And while your at it, would you mind explaining what the others do too? Thanks a lot.

ab9003
September 25th, 2007, 23:46
Flash 0 is essentially the bulk of your firmware and what makes up over 90 percent of your whole motherboard. So by messing with flash0 essentially your actually changing the internal structure of the motherboard of your psp. Its really amazing flash0 access is possible through CFW, really.

hooliganbandit
September 25th, 2007, 23:52
Flash 0 is essentially the bulk of your firmware and what makes up over 90 percent of your whole motherboard. So by messing with flash0 essentially your actually changing the internal structure of the motherboard of your psp. Its really amazing flash0 access is possible through CFW, really.

Oh ok thanks.

Do you know what assigning/unassigning flash0 is by any chance?

splodger15
September 26th, 2007, 10:15
Oh ok thanks.

Do you know what assigning/unassigning flash0 is by any chance?

Thats used in programming for the PSP

You unassign the Flash0 from just reading privleages then reassign it again to read and write priveages meaning you can then write to the Flash0

hooliganbandit
September 27th, 2007, 02:04
Thats used in programming for the PSP

You unassign the Flash0 from just reading privleages then reassign it again to read and write priveages meaning you can then write to the Flash0

Ok cool. The reason i ask all this is because while installing cfw via pandora extended boot menu, I get an error saying "error: unassigning flash0". Why would my psp have trouble unassigning flash0?