PDA

View Full Version : PSP Slim hits 300,000 sales in Japan

Shrygue
September 26th, 2007, 18:11
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=29010)

Famitsu publisher Enterbrain has revealed that the new model PSP sold more than 300,000 units in Japan since launch.

PSP Slim & Lite launched in Japan in limited quantities on 13th September as part of a special collaborative promotion with Square Enix. 77,777 bundles featuring Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII were produced, and Enterbrain says 75,943 are tracked as sold.

The full launch of the handheld followed on September 20, with 250,702 units bought up in the game's first few days on sale.

That gives the Slim & Lite a total installed base in the region of 326,645 in Japan. The handheld console is also on sale in both Europe and the USA.

Worldwide sales of the original PSP are thought to be in excess of 25 million.

kjetil1991
September 26th, 2007, 18:28
congrats sony for now -_-

luis_05
September 26th, 2007, 18:32
sweet but this is old news lol dcemu was slow on this one :-(

Veskgar
September 26th, 2007, 18:46
Hell yeah, great news for the longevity of the PSP brand. I see more developers and better games in the near future for the PSP.

ish420ism
September 27th, 2007, 01:39
Does the slim support homebrew like pimpstreamer and pspradio???? If it does I'm sold

JKKDARK
September 27th, 2007, 01:43
Does the slim support homebrew like pimpstreamer and pspradio???? If it does I'm sold

No, I think it doesn't

Shadowblind
September 27th, 2007, 01:48
I really do hate this. Sony's gimmick is buying off people like flys. Guess the Japanese are just really gullible.

VFerg
September 27th, 2007, 03:35
I think it has a lot to do with the release of Crisis Core more then the new system its self. Its just what I think though.

Veskgar
September 27th, 2007, 04:07
I really do hate this. Sony's gimmick is buying off people like flys. Guess the Japanese are just really gullible.

Actually the Japanese have really nice taste. The slim isn't bad man. Sure its not a complete redesign. But if it were a complete redesign with a new game format and different hardware, etc. it would likely not have homebrew support or custom firmware such as the slim already has.

And then we'd all be bitching that SONY abandoned us and the old PSP. People just love to hate SONY and they can't win no matter what they do. But the Slim & Lite is proving to be a good move.

I hope the slim PSP sees continued success.