PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware Extender 1.5

wraggster
September 26th, 2007, 19:04
News/release from Cpasjuste (http://mydedibox.fr/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=12):

Hi !

I have worked a lot on this project to make it work almost normally under the new 3.71 firmware. Some options aren't ported yet but i will work on it. Note that it's now possible to stream some iso via usbhost, but it seems that you will need to run the usbhostfs_pc server tool under linux to get it work, so install linux, or use a livecd. On windows, the psp freez while accessing the game tab. Maybe someone will fix the windows xp driver, dunno if it work under vista or something else than linux. You also need to be in "OE isofs legacy" mode from the m33 recovery menu, so not all games will work for now.

"Custom Firmware Extender" is a set of two plugins for m33
custom's firmware, that will, like the title say, add some extra options to the SONY PSP.

With "Custom Firmware Extender 1.5" you should be able to :

- Reset the PSP with a button while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO).
- Power off the PSP with a button while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO).
- Change the speed of the PSP CPU/FSB while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO).
- Start and stop Usb Mass Storage under the VSH (PSP Menu) while browsing.
- Take a screenshot while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO) saved in the PICTURE folder.
- Set a default CPU/BUS speed at startup.
- Enable brightness button to go to the max level.

NEWS IN VERSION 1.5
===================

- Compatible with psp slim and fat with m33 3.71 firmware.
- "5th" brightness level added for psp slim
- "Note + Volume Up" added to show buttons combo.
- Basic usbhostfs iso redirection added, usbhostfs_pc server work under linux and only in "OE isofs legacy" mode
accessible from recovery menu. The problem with windows XP must be the usb driver, maybe someone will fix it.
- Default vsh cpu speed is 222mhz, default game speed is set to 333mhz. You must set the cpu speed to default
in the m33 recovery menu for on the fly "overclocking".
- Screenshot folder is now "ms0:/PICTURE".
- Temporarily removed configuration file due to incompatibiliy problems with fw 3.71
- Temporarily removed remotejoy video capture due to incompatibiliy problems with fw 3.71
- Temporarily removed ftpd server due to incompatibiliy problems with fw 3.71

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gamer121
September 26th, 2007, 20:03
i going to try this...ill drop my thoughts later.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 26th, 2007, 20:05
Thx, i'm loving this great plugin!

Lwiggy
September 26th, 2007, 20:08
when upgrading there is always a chance a bricking, but in this new m33 3.71 there seems to be many bricks been reported on different forums, just wait for the M33 3.71 - 1 or 3.71 - 2,,,,,,, DAX made four updates in 3.51 because of bugs and thats quite alot, i would stick with OE for now psp lovers;) !!

Safari Al
September 26th, 2007, 20:48
i thought i saw somewhere it let you take a video of the screen in a game. where is that?

Buddy4point0
September 26th, 2007, 21:31
does this still work with version 3.52 m33?
is there any changes from 1.4 exept the compatibility for 2.7?
and are those features also removed if you use this on a 3.52 m33 psp?

gamer121
September 26th, 2007, 21:54
what buttons do i need to use to do this?

Cloudhunter
September 26th, 2007, 23:20
when upgrading there is always a chance a bricking, but in this new m33 3.71 there seems to be many bricks been reported on different forums, just wait for the M33 3.71 - 1 or 3.71 - 2,,,,,,, DAX made four updates in 3.51 because of bugs and thats quite alot, i would stick with OE for now psp lovers;) !!

People have only bricked because they messed around with the flash. Don't mess around with the flash, no problem :)

Cloudy

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 26th, 2007, 23:22
what buttons do i need to use to do this?

read the readme.......:thumbup:

gamer121
September 27th, 2007, 02:18
this is all i see for controls.

"Note + Volume Up" added to show buttons combo.