PDA

View Full Version : NDS-lite (US) with flashme - Crimson & Black

wraggster
September 26th, 2007, 21:33
http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/images/crimson.jpg

Flashlinker.com (http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/product_info.php?ref=30&products_id=542&affiliate_banner_id=13) have today posted online the new Crimson and Black DS lite with Flashme installed.

ish420ism
September 27th, 2007, 01:26
I don't know what flashme is, but this is perty

lightningquickguy14
September 27th, 2007, 02:18
I don't really know either, but I do know that if they specify about that, then the other DS doesn't come with it, so it should be an improvement. And it is perty.

kcajblue
September 27th, 2007, 04:50
flashme is a different firmware that enables you to use homebrew.

its basically having a passcard all the time.

Sonny_Jim
September 27th, 2007, 18:00
This is a brilliant idea. A lot of people I know aren't fully comfortable with reflashing firmware so this will take a lot of the stress out.

Is this legal though?

paul3100
September 27th, 2007, 21:43
sure there must be a legal issue here is they are selling the dslite new and flashed!

paul

Swimkid
September 27th, 2007, 23:19
That thing is awsome!

wiggy fuzz
September 28th, 2007, 07:34
i'd rather they only sold the ds without flashme...

how does flashme compare to owning a decent slot 1 and slot 2 device, anyway? (is it so you can run slot 2 devices without a slot 1 passcard?)

simonjhall
September 28th, 2007, 11:43
How does this affect the warranty?

Eyedunno
September 28th, 2007, 19:18
FlashMe is relevant today to Slot-1 card owners for only two reasons that I can think of:
1) removes the annoying health warning screen, even when playing standard DS games
2) allows for swapless use of Slot-2 flashcarts (makes things a bit easier when, say, backing up DS savegames on a SuperCard).

It's worth installing, IMO, though hopefully these DSes don't cost a lot more just because they're pre-flashed.

rlburnside
October 7th, 2007, 04:18
Hi there, does anyone know the reason these are pre-flashed? I thought the r4ds takes care of that. I just bought a crimson red ds and r4ds and it won't boot, whereas my friend's older ds lite works fine with it. I believe these new Crimson red limited editions have a new chip that prevents such passcards from working...anyone have any knowledge on that? I'd rather not go through the headache of returns and argueing with salesmen etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated