PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Installer for 3.xx kernels

wraggster
September 27th, 2007, 20:28
News/release from Hellcat

Preface?
----------
NEVER, NEVER EVER, NEEEEVER USE THIS TO CONVERT A SLIM BATTERY TO PANDORA!
YOU WILL KILL YOUR BATTERY! ONLY USE WITH FAT'S BATTERY!

ONLY USE WITH FAT'S BATTERY! ONLY USE WITH FAT'S BATTERY!

It runns on the Slim, YES, but: ONLY USE WITH FAT'S BATTERY!

OK?

Now What?
-----------
The original Pandora-Tools are dependant on 1.50, if you are on 3.71-M33
or the Slim you're out of luck - the don't run.

But fear no more ;-)

This is an installer app for a base Pandora setup.
It runns under *ANY* currently known kernel (that is 1.50 to 3.71) and
gives you three options:

1) Make normal battery to Pandora one
2) Make Pandora battery to normal one
3) Install a full 1.50 to the memstick, including the Pandora

And yes, it does run on 3.71 - I tested it myself ;-)

How?
------
To use the installer, first you need the 1.50 updater EBOOT named
as "UPDATE.PBP" in the root folder of your memorystick.
As a regular Pandora user you'll have that already, if not: copy it!

Now copy the "pan3xx" folder from this archive to
/PSP/GAME/ on your memorystick - and run it!

Done

Cool?
-------
Yes!
Since this installer installs a full 1.50, and not only a subset like
the original installer, you're only one tiny file edit away from
booting a full 1.50 from your memstick to run additional tools or
installers from there before/instead of directly flashing your PSP.

At this point, let me suggest to install the "Extended Pandora Menu" ;-D

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via hellcat (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-pandora-installer-for-3xx-kernels-122449.html)

Sonicboy 101
September 27th, 2007, 20:38
Awesome! Any kernal! :thumbup:

Saracchini
September 27th, 2007, 21:38
It works fine. I used it to recover my semi-bricked 3.40 OE when it i sreffusing to run anything with 1.50 kernel...

sroon
September 27th, 2007, 21:54
So can i get Slim Kernal with this mound of cockadookie?
boobs!!!
(O )( O)

loony28
September 27th, 2007, 22:42
I'm having just a little diffuculty with this. You should be able to do this with the official Sony firmware 3.5 right. I can't seem to get it to work.

Never mind I found my answer. I guess I'll just have to keep looking for a 1.5 or a pandora battery and magic stick.

Qmark
September 28th, 2007, 00:14
Does this bypass the need for Windows command-line shenanigans?

Saracchini
September 28th, 2007, 00:21
Does this bypass the need for Windows command-line shenanigans?
Yes.It creates an Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick in user mode (3.XX mode). The normal Pandra Battery Creator runs only in Kernel mode (i.e. 1.50 mode). Itīs usefull to people whos is stuck in 3.71 M33 and wants revert back to the good and old CFWs which haves 1.50 kernel mode. And it bypass all of these "ugly" command lines.

Personaly for me CFW without kernel mode is useless since 90% of my homebrew requires it and some doesnt run in e-loader.

So can i get Slim Kernal with this mound of cockadookie?
No.

Qmark
September 28th, 2007, 02:02
And it bypass all of these "ugly" command lines.The important part here is that the original Pandora's mspformat executable barely worked in Vista or Linux, and does not work at all in Win98.

Cloudhunter
September 28th, 2007, 03:46
Yes.It creates an Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick in user mode (3.XX mode). The normal Pandra Battery Creator runs only in Kernel mode (i.e. 1.50 mode). Itīs usefull to people whos is stuck in 3.71 M33 and wants revert back to the good and old CFWs which haves 1.50 kernel mode. And it bypass all of these "ugly" command lines.

Personaly for me CFW without kernel mode is useless since 90% of my homebrew requires it and some doesnt run in e-loader.

No.

I'm sorry, but it does have kernel mode. That is a common misconception.

Cloudy

urherenow
September 28th, 2007, 03:47
Saracchini : You misunderstand kernel mode. 1.50 or whatever version has nothing to do with it. It's just that the 3.6+ kernel had some commands changed around and added as needed to work with the new slim hardware as well as the old hardware. The result is 1.50 kernel mode programs need to be updated.

The latest screenshot app and CWcheat and such and a few others already use kernel mode! They just use the 3.60+ kernel instead.

Saracchini
September 28th, 2007, 04:44
Saracchini : You misunderstand kernel mode. 1.50 or whatever version has nothing to do with it. It's just that the 3.6+ kernel had some commands changed around and added as needed to work with the new slim hardware as well as the old hardware. The result is 1.50 kernel mode programs need to be updated.

The latest screenshot app and CWcheat and such and a few others already use kernel mode! They just use the 3.60+ kernel instead.

I'm sorry, but it does have kernel mode. That is a common misconception.

Cloudy

Thanks for the clarification. I dontīk know it. :D
Some nice homebrews like Hue,PCEP, Dgen and others doesnt have their source coude available so it cant be converted... its sad.

xgamer91
September 28th, 2007, 13:15
hey guys,
i don't know but the installer do not run at my psp fm 3.70 fat
Can you help me?
i have no idea but it doesn't go on :-(

xgamer91
September 28th, 2007, 13:55
every time when i start the program a message comes
"The game could be started.
(80020148)
guys can you help me?

Spyzius
September 28th, 2007, 15:26
every time when i start the program a message comes
"The game could be started.
(80020148)
guys can you help me?

man I now hot to fix that error, I had the same on 3.40 oe-a and most of games doesn't work so install devhook ( i thought that it is the only choise to play somethink) su when i instaled devhook with 3.11 and wen i went to watch what system fw ir my psp rebooted and every game start working ( on 3.40 oe-a) I don't know why it helped but it helped
for me so try to do by the tutorial
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=295

bambamkey
September 30th, 2007, 00:23
I got the same message ( The game could not be started.
(80020148) and I have 3.51 firmware. I also get the message whenever I try to execute devhook. Any suggestions on what I can be doing wrong?

DPyro
September 30th, 2007, 22:06
Thank God! I just used this to convert my battery to Pandora, cause I bricked it when in 3.71.

silkyskeeter
October 7th, 2007, 01:01
bah I am having the same problem (using 3.71) it resets the psp but won't run the installer :P what am I doing wrong? xD any help?

Qmark
November 4th, 2007, 11:09
When I ran this (on a 3.52 M33-2), it filled my MS with garbage, and then caused that MS to utterly corrupt and die (flashing light fun) when I tried to write anything else to it. It wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed eventually, but not fun by any means.

johnbuk
November 9th, 2007, 16:50
Can someone please provide a better explanation of how to use the Pandora application at the start of this thread.

Here's my situation:
Fat PSP running 3.71 M33-3. Not running any 1.50 kernel at this time. No problems so far, but have 3 PSP batteries and more memory sticks of various sizes then I care to list. Would like to create a Pandora battery and "magic memory card" just in case I need it in the future.

What I've done so far:
Downloaded file in this thread. Renamed my 1.50 eboot from "EBOOT.PBP" to "UPDATE.PBP" as directed in the readme. Copied "UPDATE.PBP" to a root directory on a ms and the contents of the pan3xx directory to the PSP\GAME directory on my ms.

Questions:
-What are the contents of the "src.rar" file included with the download in the start of this link used for and where do I put them on my ms if I need them at all?
-With the exception of the 1.50 eboot file (which I already have and have renamed to "update") are there any other files I need to create a pandora battery and magic memory card, or are all of the files included in the file at the start of this thead?
-What's the minimum size ms needed for a "magic memory card" used in this pandora process?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but thanks for any help that anyone can offer.

EDIT: New Version out that includes much better instructions.