PDA

View Full Version : Several Geodata Errors and Lockups

Codaz
September 27th, 2007, 22:04
Nieko and i tested the Dutch geodata by him.

It lockes up the psp randomly by searching on street names, the screen goes partially red.

Also reverse geodata gives a street which is 150 kilometers away from my nearest position.

If i search a street, then find it and then go back to search for a street. It locks up the psp, memory light is always on and after a while the psp shuts down.

Can't it be a function to reset fields after search for geodata is done and street is shown ?

And my glory with the extension cable is over, not more than 4 sats. So 1 bar maybe 2 signal.

It COULD be some plugins that are enabled. Or UMD in the drive or Wifi switch on off.

I got sometimes even better signal without extension cable than with it :eek:

Fat psp TA-079 3.52 M33-4 3.52 PRX.

johoo
September 28th, 2007, 04:59
Nieko and i tested the Dutch geodata by him.

It lockes up the psp randomly by searching on street names, the screen goes partially red.

Also reverse geodata gives a street which is 150 kilometers away from my nearest position.

If i search a street, then find it and then go back to search for a street. It locks up the psp, memory light is always on and after a while the psp shuts down.

Can't it be a function to reset fields after search for geodata is done and street is shown ?

And my glory with the extension cable is over, not more than 4 sats. So 1 bar maybe 2 signal.

It COULD be some plugins that are enabled. Or UMD in the drive or Wifi switch on off.

I got sometimes even better signal without extension cable than with it :eek:

Fat psp TA-079 3.52 M33-4 3.52 PRX.

i tryed nieko's geo also and have no problem so far
no lockups and the streets i found were correct
i use a fat, ta-81 ,3.71 m33,3.0 prx's and no plugins

edit:i have no extention cable and use mathis 0.501

Nieko
September 28th, 2007, 09:39
I've found that you can only find streets that are actually on the map you're currently viewing, take that in mind! Other than that, some city names are different than you'd expect. "DEN HAAG" e.g. should be "'S-GRAVENHAGE". You can see all the city names in the _ZIPCODE file.

Concerning errors, MapThis indeed has a tendency to crash when it can't find something. It either just freezes, or it produces a partially red screen (looks like a couple of centered printfs), and then freezes.

johoo
September 28th, 2007, 21:44
tested it to day again and stil no freesing
even when it was out side the map it's still working well. it just shows no map

Codaz
September 29th, 2007, 00:53
Nieko is working on a new version of the geodata.

Openstreetmap provided a new file so Nieko's server is busy converting it to a geodata.dat file :)

Will be done by late sunday.

johoo
September 29th, 2007, 07:54
Nieko is working on a new version of the geodata.

Openstreetmap provided a new file so Nieko's server is busy converting it to a geodata.dat file :)

Will be done by late sunday.

great news,can't wait for it
succes nieko

finally i've got mapthis complete :thumbup:

i think the rest of europa must look in to this
so that if europe is finist they can do it also
nieko's readme is in englisch