PDA

View Full Version : DSOrganize 3.01

wraggster
September 27th, 2007, 22:12
DSOrganize by Dragonminded (http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize) is meant as a homebrew organizer application for the Nintendo DS that should have come built in in the first place.

Fixes found in 3.01
* Added select/cut/copy/paste to all text inputs.
* Added wifi config (including saving back to firmware) with three extra DSOrganize profiles.
* Added ability to bookmark on the web browser by pressing ctrl + b.
* Added basic signal strength to wifi configuration screen.
* Miscelaneous fixes to the HTML renderer.
* Fixed error in file wrapper causing bad file copies.
* Fixed a weird lingering cursor bug in text editor.
* Fixed startup screen error.
* Fixed an error where images that redirect would change the url of the main page loading.
* Fixed a bug with sites that use 1x1 tracking images.
* Fixed error where confirm delete screen on browser allowed you to select ".." or "."
* Fixed some weird bugs with m3u files.
* Fixed select few files not showing their long file names.
* Fixed everything being underlined on sites with bad <a> tags (ds-x.com, etc)
* Fixed error messages not being readable on startup.
* Fixed wifi to be slightly faster again.
* Fixed seeking broken on some file formats.
* Fixed SSID not centered properly.
* Fixed 256x192 images not showing the bottom line.
* Day planner now supports weekly, monthly, and annual events.
* Day planner events are now partially visible on reminder mode.
* Todo now sorts finished events as last.
* Changed handling of escaped characters to include the limited unicode support.
* Changed irc to not display characters under 32 on the ascii map.
* Updated dsWifi again for compatibility.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

brummerthedrummer
September 27th, 2007, 22:26
whats the difference between this version and 3.0 which was like released just the other day?

AaronRocksG
September 27th, 2007, 22:57
i dunno. neither of them work on my games n music card. im gonna keep trying, but it looks like im gonna hafta wait for 3.2 and hope it works

brummerthedrummer
September 27th, 2007, 23:13
why'd you get a games n music card?

AXYPB
September 27th, 2007, 23:39
I love how DSOrganize can connect to the internet immediately on its own. With almost every other Wi-Fi-enabled program I have, I have to manually connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection with an official game first.

paul3100
September 27th, 2007, 23:39
nice to see more updates for this.

cheers, paul

ps: whats changed since 3.0?

jak66
September 28th, 2007, 00:07
Erm...yeah, Wraggster, thats the changelog for 3.0. Changelog for 3.01 is;
Added basic signal strength to wifi configuration screen
Fixed error messages not being readable at startup
Fixed wifi to be slightly faster again
Fixed seeking broken on some file formats
Fixed SSID not centered properly
Fixed 256x192 images not showing bottom line

Well, thats the changelog according to the recent changes wiki anyway.

ButterBeer121
September 28th, 2007, 00:29
i dunno. neither of them work on my games n music card. im gonna keep trying, but it looks like im gonna hafta wait for 3.2 and hope it works
From my experience with GnM, I've learned that it can't handle game that use more then one file. I'd suggest going to their forums and asking the creator to make a version with all of the files compressed into one *.nds file. It takes out alot of the customization though.

TeenDev
September 28th, 2007, 00:54
you just have to use GnM DLDI v1

@ButterBeer BTW, you have no idea what you're talking about so just think first before you post absolute crap.

brummerthedrummer
September 28th, 2007, 02:41
oh. faster internet you say? im in! DSO 3.01 here i come!

ps that was really cheesey

ButterBeer121
September 28th, 2007, 02:43
you just have to use GnM DLDI v1

@ButterBeer BTW, you have no idea what you're talking about so just think first before you post absolute crap.

Alright.

TeenDev
September 28th, 2007, 02:53
BTW, I don't mean to be so rough just make sure you know what you are talking about is possible before you give out false info and DragonMinded gets a bunch of people asking stuff that won't happen...

Dragonic
September 28th, 2007, 11:57
What's new in 3.01?? It looks like the same DSO 3.0? Well, I think it's something good! I really like DSO :)!

DragonMinded
September 28th, 2007, 15:31

Well you are doing something wrong, because I just tested it working out of the box on my GnM. Go try again.

Sniff06
September 28th, 2007, 21:42
when i go on it says that there is a error because i didnt use a libfat compatible card. What do i do? Im using a max media dock.

TeenDev
September 28th, 2007, 22:25
you didn't DLDI patch it. go do that!

Markzilla
September 29th, 2007, 00:35
DSO works perfectly with GnM DLDI V2. Anyone who thinks it doesn't is either stupid, ignorant, or lying.

nutkabpom
September 29th, 2007, 06:31
Thank you :D

Sniff06
September 29th, 2007, 15:35
i already dldi patched the nds file, but it wont let me dldi patch the exec_.bin file or somethin. what do i do now?

kurtless
September 29th, 2007, 18:14
Go it working on my Max media dock.The Web broswer is really cool! Never used one for my DS before :D

Sniff06
September 29th, 2007, 20:13
how did you get it working on yours?(Max Media Dock) Tell me what you did.

assclown1
September 29th, 2007, 20:16
The web browser freezes on me. I'm using the M3 DS Simply. I did a completely new install on it, meaning i put the new .nds file (duh) and also the folders. I went to aintitcool.com, and it froze. I dunno if the browser can handle it or if it's just something wrong on my end.

paul3100
September 29th, 2007, 20:32
does anyone know what version of this works on a DS fire link?

Its the card with built in 2 gbs of memory and has the software installed via the slot 2 GBA card?

cheers . paul

Sigma83
September 29th, 2007, 23:23
I can't get to the gmail login screen. Thoughts?

DragonMinded
September 30th, 2007, 01:59
does anyone know what version of this works on a DS fire link?

Its the card with built in 2 gbs of memory and has the software installed via the slot 2 GBA card?

cheers . paul

It doesn't work with firelink at all.

paul3100
September 30th, 2007, 08:16
@ DragonMinded

I was afraid of that! it does come with an old version but its missing a lot of the newer features including the homebrew downloader browser.

thanks for replying . paul

DragonMinded
September 30th, 2007, 09:48
@ DragonMinded

I was afraid of that! it does come with an old version but its missing a lot of the newer features including the homebrew downloader browser.

thanks for replying . paul

Does the old version come with source? If not, request it from them as dsorganize is GPL and they are required to give it to you if they gave you the binary. If they give you the source, I can see about creating a DLDI. The developer site is http://www.dsfirelink.com/ch/index.html

aquafloe
October 3rd, 2007, 15:12
3.01 WiFi doesn't work on my games n music. It works for IRC, but not the browser or HBDB. I have a linksys WRT54g and an Embarq 660 modem, if that helps. All my WFC games and other things can connect without a problem just with the SSID 'linksys.' Does anyone know what's wrong?

Pacmandu
October 4th, 2007, 01:00
I figured out how to get DSOrganize v3.1 or v2.9 to fully work on Games n' music.

You First patch it with version one of the dldi. Then you put the dldi v1 in the resources directory. Now you go to dragonminded's blog and download the load.bin file and put that in the resource dir instead of the load.bin that came with it. You also have to rename DSOrganize to bootme.nds. Now copy everything to the root of the sd card and boot GnM and it should automatically load.

It took me 30 minutes of tinkering to figure out you have to patch it with v1 of the dldi instead of v2.

Hope this helps.

aquafloe
October 4th, 2007, 02:35
Sorry. That didn't work. My trouble is with wifi for the browser and database. I don't know why it doesn't work. Other people have it working fine.

alistair!!!
October 4th, 2007, 07:27
does anyone no how 2 get unbanned on IRC #dsorganise channel?? im having no luck:(

DragonMinded
October 4th, 2007, 17:41
I figured out how to get DSOrganize v3.1 or v2.9 to fully work on Games n' music.

You First patch it with version one of the dldi. Then you put the dldi v1 in the resources directory. Now you go to dragonminded's blog and download the load.bin file and put that in the resource dir instead of the load.bin that came with it. You also have to rename DSOrganize to bootme.nds. Now copy everything to the root of the sd card and boot GnM and it should automatically load.

It took me 30 minutes of tinkering to figure out you have to patch it with v1 of the dldi instead of v2.

Hope this helps.

http://dragonminded.blogspot.com/2007/07/games-music-compatibility.html

....why do you guys refuse to read?

does anyone no how 2 get unbanned on IRC #dsorganise channel?? im having no luck:(

If you did something stupid, you don't.

elehayyme
October 25th, 2007, 23:41
I haven't found the answer to this elsewhere on the forums quiet yet. I'm rather new to DSOrganize and just got an R4.

I was able to install the 3.01 version of the DSOrganize program and was completely impressed. However, I did notice a large amount of features noted on their wiki (http://www.dragonminded.com/dsorganize/wiki/index.php?title=Features) and some of the features (namely the text viewer/editor, mp3 player, image viewer, wav recorder) are missing icons on the DSOrganizer from what I see. As far as I know, I've done everything correctly.

I've tried looking around the net but so far, I have not found much results.

Any insight that could be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Sigma83
October 26th, 2007, 00:52
Has anyone had any problems with the internet browser on the dsorganize trying to access https sites or email sites? It just freezes for me. Dsorganize rox though :), just thought i'd ask.

thanks

Sir_Voe
October 26th, 2007, 01:32
some of the features (namely the text viewer/editor, mp3 player, image viewer, wav recorder) are missing icons on the DSOrganizer from what I see. As far as I know, I've done everything correctly.

All of those featues are integrated into the file browser. To record voice, create a file with the extension ".wav" and a record option will appear when you highlight it. Create .txt files the same way.

elehayyme
October 26th, 2007, 01:56
All of those featues are integrated into the file browser. To record voice, create a file with the extension ".wav" and a record option will appear when you highlight it. Create .txt files the same way.

Thank you very much for the information! I will try that tonight.

A quick add on question though regarding the DSOrganizer. When going to the second screen, I see two icons with 'Not Implemented'. Is that truly the case or did I miss a file/section?