PDA

View Full Version : VBA v1.7.2 Nintendo GameCube Port Released - GBA Emulator for Nintendo Gamecube/Wii

wraggster
September 27th, 2007, 22:41
via tehskeen (http://www.tehskeen.net/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=5357)

Visual Boy Advance is a GameBoy Mono, Color and GameBoy Advance emulator for the Nintendo Wii/GameCube. This "demo" version was originally included in SoftDev's implementation of a the TinyFAT filesystem for SD card read/write functions on the Nintendo GameCube. The demo also shows how to implement virtual memory in your applications, which in this instance is used to store the ROM data in.

The demo only came in sourcecode format. Well, TehSkeen is proud to present it in it's fully compiled and operational form. Please read the documentation included in the archive for detailed directions on how to use this emulator. Please note it does require the use of a GC -> SD card adapter.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Space21
September 28th, 2007, 11:49
IS there an safe option?

160R
September 28th, 2007, 12:29
TEHSKEEN IS BACK!!!

^^I think that should be the news

JKKDARK
September 28th, 2007, 14:20
damn Gamecube scene is geting better and better lately

gary_abernethy2
September 28th, 2007, 16:16
How do you stop playing a game and chose another one?
Or has that feature not been added yet?
Anyway its great we got a GBA and N64 emulator in development now, you guys are my heroes ^_^

gary_abernethy2
September 28th, 2007, 18:54
You cant save yet, can you?

gary_abernethy2
September 28th, 2007, 20:21
It would be awesome if there was a way you could get it to let you plug your GBA into the gamecube and play 2 player games like Kiby and Fortress like you could on the gameboy player! :-)

Gnimm
September 28th, 2007, 23:58
That is really cool.

The first two things I would recommend is obviously allowing you to boot games from a menu, and tightening up the sound.

Otherwise, I like it.

mcdougall57
September 30th, 2007, 14:26
can you boot this from gcos with a modchip?

chrisr321
October 2nd, 2007, 01:14
thnk god ive been waitin 4evvvvver
=]
but i was wondering hows that psone emu for gc comin along is that team still working on it or have they called it quits....
hopefully not

gary_abernethy2
October 12th, 2007, 15:42
I hope someone is working on a soft reset and a save feature, i want to tear into those Castlevania games :)

ohgodalmighty
October 14th, 2007, 21:40
This emulator looks as bare bones & incomplete as an empty ATX case.

I'll pass on this empty shell of an emulator until they release a version that actually has the mandatory features that ARE:D inexcusably currently omitted or just plain forgotten about here. Forgotten about like most coders forget how to communicate in plain English.

:thumbup:

gary_abernethy2
February 29th, 2008, 18:43
Still no save or soft reset? :(

DarkUser89
April 5th, 2008, 20:41
Wii Port ?? and SD Front Load ?? ^^

PeyeRate420
April 14th, 2008, 00:02
i got this DOL to load with the NEW MAG LOADER it has NO CONTROLLER SUPPORT or ROM LOADING but IT DOES BOOT WHEN CONVERTED TO ELF AND IN DOL FORMAT WITH JUST THE TWILIGht HACK! OMG