PDA

View Full Version : FFXIII Devs Share Trailer Talk

Shrygue
September 28th, 2007, 19:43
via IGN (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/823/823586p1.html)

The latest issue of Famitsu has nine pages on Kingdom Hearts, two pages on Parasite Eve, and a teeny-tiny column on Final Fantasy XIII. There's a saying about beggars and choosers that seems to apply here.

The magazine got FFXIII director Motomu Toriyama, art director Iasmu Kamikokuryo, Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura and Agito XIII director Hajime Tabata to share some brief commentary on the new trailer set.

On the main FFXIII trailer, Toriyama noted that a new "strange" female character was revealed for the first time, along with a look at a city inside the Cocoon. Commenting specifically on art design, Kamikokuryo noted that balance is difficult because some areas of the game, particularly related to that strange female character, are a bit odd for the Final Fantasy universe.

Nomura addressed the Versus XIII trailer, noting that the staff has at last managed to reach the image they were originally seeking. The trailer has two new characters, but he expects them to undergo some changes in later trailers. He does feel, however, that the main character design is representative of what we'll be seeing when the game shows its true colors next year.

Nomura also spoke about the setting of the new trailer. The city and fields of the trailer are inspired by Italy. In fact, he noted, the words that appear throughout the trailer are in Italian. He pointed out that a few characters in the trailer have a mafia feel about them.

Finally, Tabata discussed the mobile entry in the FFXIII series, Final Fantasy Agito XIII. He described the game as a casual online game. Don't hold your breath for a release any time soon, though, as Tabata admitted that Square Enix is currently waiting for hardware and wireless specifications to be finalized. Previously, Tabata has said that the game will appear on next generation 4G phones.

All the FFXIII games appear to be gearing up for a proper unveiling in 2008. With any luck, and a bit of begging, we'll get a few more details before then.

JKKDARK
September 28th, 2007, 22:42
damn too bad it's not coming to 360 :(

VexnadFett
September 29th, 2007, 00:16
damn, good thing it's not coming to the 360 :D

Basil Zero
September 29th, 2007, 14:54
damn, good thing it's not coming to the 360 :D

If i could rep you, I would of..

I second that btw.:thumbup:

DPyro
September 29th, 2007, 16:36
LoL, why would they port it to that unreliable p.o.s. It's the crappiest piece of engineering ever created. If you thought Microsoft's software was bad. Take a look at their hardware :rofl:

JKKDARK
September 29th, 2007, 16:45
LoL, why would they port it to that unreliable p.o.s. It's the crappiest piece of engineering ever created. If you thought Microsoft's software was bad. Take a look at their hardware :rofl:

And still there are more Xbox 360 users in the world than PS3 users..

DPyro
September 29th, 2007, 16:53
Wow, who would have thought a system that was launched a year ahead and costs less would have more users? Not to mention Microsoft advertises the crap out of their products. They probably spent more money in advertising than they have in R&D to fix their shotty system.

JKKDARK
September 29th, 2007, 17:10
Wow, who would have thought a system that was launched a year ahead and costs less would have more users?

Nintendo Wii did

DPyro
September 29th, 2007, 17:33
Once again, Nintendo Wii is less than half the price of the PS3 and is only successful because of their gimmicky controller.

JKKDARK
September 29th, 2007, 17:49
Once again, Nintendo Wii is less than half the price of the PS3 and is only successful because of their gimmicky controller.

Lame. That's like saying "PS2 was a success because the Dual Shock 2"

Shadowblind
September 29th, 2007, 17:57
:rofl:

Sniper If I could rep you I would. I haven't heard funnier jokes come from Dave Chapelle! :rofl:

Da**, its too awesome that this p.o.s. of a game isn't coming to 360. YEEEESSS!!

Score one for avoiding peices of crap!

DPyro
September 29th, 2007, 18:29
Lame. That's like saying "PS2 was a success because the Dual Shock 2"

So your trying to tell me its selling because of it's 'innovative' games, or the awesome hardware. Gamecube 1.5 FTW :rofl:

JKKDARK
September 29th, 2007, 19:04
So your trying to tell me its selling because of it's 'innovative' games, or the awesome hardware. Gamecube 1.5 FTW :rofl:

Who cares about the hardware? Master System had better hardware than the NES but it failed, Game Gear had better hardware than Game Boy and it failed, Neo Geo had better hardware than Genesis/SNES and it failed, Xbox had better hardware than PS2 and it failed.

People buy it because they enjoy the games, and the Nintendo Wii software sales are destroying the PS3 software sales. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DPyro
September 29th, 2007, 20:11
Based on their hardware sales, one would hope their software sales would be better :rolleyes: My point about Nintendo is they didn't change anything from Gamecube to Wii, except for the controller. And no, the software for Wii is not better. It's just crummy ports of other games for PS2 etc. Also this (http://www.nintendic.com/news/1189)

Malksta
September 29th, 2007, 20:23
:rofl:

Sniper If I could rep you I would. I haven't heard funnier jokes come from Dave Chapelle! :rofl:

Da**, its too awesome that this p.o.s. of a game isn't coming to 360. YEEEESSS!!

Score one for avoiding peices of crap!

lol, how can you say a game is shit when you have not even played it yet? It's most probably going to be a good game like most Final Fantasy games :)

Shadowblind
September 29th, 2007, 23:14
Nah, its just a personal prefrence. Just like i can't understand why people in japan hate FPS, they can't understand why I despise turn-based. Its also that the story is almost exactly the same in each one with new characters.

For this reason, FF Mystic Quest is just as good (actually better) as FFVII.

lets see...the PS3 is the total amount of lack of innovation a console can get. PS2 1.2 I guess. Actually...no, that would be WAYYYY too insulting to the awesome PS2. Maybe a PSX 1.2. Sounds about right, the only thing different I graphics.

DPyro
September 30th, 2007, 02:50
Just like every FPS is the same alien shoot em' up?

F9zDark
September 30th, 2007, 21:26
People buy it because they enjoy the games, and the Nintendo Wii software sales are destroying the PS3 software sales. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Basic statistics for you:

As far as gaming is concerned

If x increases, y increases, often exponentially.

Just a shot in the dark here, but a console that has more hardware sales than its competitor would have MORE software sales than its competitor...

lets see...the PS3 is the total amount of lack of innovation a console can get. PS2 1.2 I guess. Actually...no, that would be WAYYYY too insulting to the awesome PS2. Maybe a PSX 1.2. Sounds about right, the only thing different I graphics.

Lack of innovation? Please. Sony did motion sensing right and it works 100% of the time without issue. Can't say that for Nintendo.

PS2 1.2? Given the same model to derive that the Wii is like a Gamecube 1.5 (which it is, from a specs standpoint) the PS3 would in fact be a PS2 10.5 +-0.2...

Too bad not even a quarter of Wii owners are actually critical of the technology, I suppose thats what you get when you market a console to 10 year olds and grandparents who are too old to know that its problems SHOULD NOT EXIST for its technological level (had the Wii come out 10 years ago, maybe it could be understandable that it has some quirks, but certainly not now).

Back to my point, the Wii would be in serious trouble had Nintendo marketed it to the hardcore gamers. They took a broken design and marketed it to the most unintelligent group of gamers, and low and behold they were successful.

Well no shit, educated consumers are the worst people to sell things too, especially things like the Wii.

Shadowblind
September 30th, 2007, 23:45
Bleh, when it comes to hardcore gamers, no the Wii just can't deliver. Now that I think about it, the only reason I have a Wii is for SSBB....what a waste of 250.

Sony's eyetoy never worked. Ever. I sat in EB Games for 20 minutes trying to get the freaking thing to sense me and they couldn't figure it out either.

irongiant
October 1st, 2007, 12:12
Nah, its just a personal prefrence. Just like i can't understand why people in japan hate FPS, they can't understand why I despise turn-based. Its also that the story is almost exactly the same in each one with new characters.

For this reason, FF Mystic Quest is just as good (actually better) as FFVII.

FF will be a real system seller in Japan which MS would love to have.

Your anti PS3 rants are really boring now, get a life. In fact if you hate the PS3 so much why do you keep posting in the PS3 section?