PDA

View Full Version : MS: 'Halo 3 Caused Xbox Live Problems'

Shrygue
September 28th, 2007, 19:49
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=172815)

Microsoft has told Next-Gen that the sheer amount of gamers attempting to play Halo 3 via Xbox Live resulted in some "minor issues" with the online service.

The launch of the title, combined with problems playing it online, also led to vastly increased traffic on Xbox.com which suffered operational hitches too.

Microsoft labelled Halo 3's launch day as the "most active Xbox Live gaming day in history" after more than a million people had been logged playing Halo 3 online. That may be the case, but there were many others who weren't able to get in on the action.

Gamers began voicing their dissatisfaction shortly after the game had been released. A multitude of problems were reported, not least on the official Xbox forums, including screens freezing, the inability to access Xbox Live and a mysterious game update that led to an error message.

A Microsoft spokesperson confirmed, rather vaguely, that there had been some issues, all of which have now been resolved.

"Xbox Live and Xbox.com experienced minor issues yesterday as a result of increased activity due to the launch of Halo 3. The issues were quickly resolved and both Xbox Live and Xbox.com are now working fine."

Bungie-developed shooter Halo 3 officially launched Tuesday, September 25, and raked in a record-breaking $170 million [£83m] in first day sales.

mastersho
September 28th, 2007, 21:19
Yeah I think that it would be the uber amount of traffic thats fugdin' up Live.

Shadowblind
September 29th, 2007, 04:02
:rofl:

theres so many people playing Halo 3 on live its crashing it! I'm proud to say I'm one of them :D

blueshogun96
September 29th, 2007, 05:00
I least expected Halo 3 to sell so much.

Die XBL, die!

Cap'n 1time
September 29th, 2007, 20:19
I wasnt able to play ranked matches until the day after release. Even now, when I try to play Lone Wolf with a population of 50,000+ in that game type alone some times its hard to get in a game.

Even now, on average globally 400,000+ people seem to be playing this game 24/7. With those numbers plus the other live games going on, is it so hard to believe that the servers get overloaded?

wolfpack
September 30th, 2007, 04:25
i played mine right away on matchmaking, it didnt overload but it did lag a little bit over time, so many people on there, over 500000 people were on last time i was on. no wonder why all the servers were laggy, there was just so many people. i bet bungie is having a hayday right now with the profit they made on the first day.

XxJU571NxX
September 30th, 2007, 06:03
I saw this coming. I did have seom voice issues with some online Co-Op earlier today although it could have been our mic's.