PDA

View Full Version : Hexaxis XXI won 3rd place $3000 in Intel Contest

darksoft
September 29th, 2007, 05:59
I just wanted to thank all of you here at dcemu for voting for my game. In the end the judges picked their own winners, but the votes definitely helped make Hexaxis XXI a standout from the 140+ entries.

Once again, thank you all for your support!

DarthPaul
September 29th, 2007, 06:11
Yay $3,000! That's huge.

A well deserved prize. I voted for Hexaxis! :D

Congratulations

Chameleon
September 29th, 2007, 06:12
Congrats, i voted for ya

You well deserve winning, that game was revolutionary to say the least.

104+ entries and you got third, all i have to say is WOW ;)

Sterist
September 29th, 2007, 06:35
i never knew there was such a contest but i would have voted for ya. i play the game several times every week, really fun.

were any of the other entries 'homebrew' related?

The King
September 29th, 2007, 07:09
congrats man 3k real good
wat u planing to invest that money in?

ab88
September 29th, 2007, 07:27
i never knew there was such a contest but i would have voted for ya. i play the game several times every week, really fun.

were any of the other entries 'homebrew' related?

I didn't know about the contest either but I'm guessing all entries were 'homebrew' :p

doverkiller
September 29th, 2007, 10:56
very well done!
you had my vote! :)

Airdevil
September 29th, 2007, 11:05
This game is for PC as well, which probably what was entered into this competition if its from Intel.

Well done tho! this game is awesome, even if ive never really understood the rules lol. :eek:

bah
September 29th, 2007, 15:06
I'll add my congratulations to the list, some very much deserved recognition for an awesome game.

The quality of the game is made so much more impressive by the level of polish and refinement (graphical and otherwise) that you've put into it darksoft.

Buddy4point0
September 29th, 2007, 16:55
did you write the originial hexaxis as well or just port it?

bah
September 29th, 2007, 18:02
He wrote and ported it, the Intel comp was for the PC version.

brasssmunky
September 29th, 2007, 19:27
yes! the only complete homebrew game i keep playing.

darksoft
September 29th, 2007, 19:33
thanks guys, yeah I wrote the PC version first, then ported it (rewrote from ground up) to the PSP. The intel contest was basically for the PC version but I put in a link to the PSP videos as well. Maybe I got extra points for making it multiplatform!

Yeah I totally didn't imagine winning $3,000 for it. Its a nice amount of cash, but I'm still unemployed so I'm teetering being homeless lol. I'm 100% homegrown programmer so its hard to get a job in that field. I suppose starbucks is my next option! I am working on something kind of secret but I should be able to announce it come November or so. Just everyone cross their fingers for me, as this is a lifechanging event (hopefully).

burrito
September 29th, 2007, 19:41
Great job, darksoft.
btw, your website is down because of so many people using it

Cap'n 1time
September 29th, 2007, 20:11
A very much deserved win. Its difficult to come up with new and unique game concepts (that are actually enjoyable), but you managed to do it! We are very proud of you and we hope you manage to find a great job!

Shrygue
September 29th, 2007, 20:11
So you won $3,000 (£1,470) for Hexaxis? Well congratualtions, you totally deserved it. As for finding a jod, good luck on your search.

Sterist
September 29th, 2007, 21:31
I didn't know about the contest either but I'm guessing all entries were 'homebrew' :p

hexaxis was a commercial dos game.

the contest could have very well been for other things than homebrew.

n to answer someone else's question, there's no way a porter could have won $3000, especially without paying a sum to the creator, so yes, darksoft is the writer ;)

darksoft
September 29th, 2007, 21:52
Hexaxis was a DOS game? Do you have a link? I'm curious, before I made the game I googled for the name and only came up with like chemical stuff.