PDA

View Full Version : Why Are We Getting Dual Shock 3 in 2008?

Shrygue
September 29th, 2007, 18:50
via 1UP (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163239)

The Dual Shock 3 announcement at Tokyo Game Show 2007 was hardly shocking, but when Sony Computer Entertainment President and Group COO Kaz Hirai revealed North American and European gamers wouldn't receive the peripheral until Spring 2008, eyebrows raised. Folks in Japan will experience PlayStation 3 rumbling before the year is out and Hirai's reveal seemed to gloss over this anomaly.

It's just a controller, right?

1UP contacted Sony Computer Entertainment America for more, but the company was vague on their rationale for leaving a large chunk of their market waiting several months longer. "Given our production/manufacturing timeline we plan to introduce the new controller in Japan first and then release it in NA/Europe," said SCEA Corporate Communications spokesperson Kimberly Otzman.

That said, there doesn't seem to be any reason anxious gamers couldn't just purchase an imported controller. Otzman said she isn't "aware of anything that would prevent the hardware from being locked out," but warned that there could be software issues on a title-to-title basis and games that require retroactive patches (i.e. Warhawk, Resistance: Fall of Man) to enable rumble support will not necessarily be delivered prior to the official US launch next year.

Fair warning, but if you'd like to get your rumble on ahead of time, it seems you're in the clear.

orochi_xxxx
September 29th, 2007, 20:08
I'm sure the rumble being delayed won't be the end of the world now we know it's coming

Tree
September 30th, 2007, 17:53
i just read on PS3fanboy.com that it will be out in before 2008

Basil Zero
September 30th, 2007, 19:19
meh, it doesnt matter when its coming out, cant you all play with the regular controller 0_0

Tree
September 30th, 2007, 19:35
i dont even think its dat gd of a thing apart from on a steering wheel, give more realistem 2 the game play

F9zDark
September 30th, 2007, 21:02
Its not that it matters when its coming out for the end users, but rather for the BUSINESS. If Sony delivered Rumble controllers for christmas, I can imagine that sales of the controller would be insane. People with even 3 or 4 regular controllers would quickly pick up an equal quantity of rumbling controllers.

I just don't understand Sony anymore. Imagine the "new" PS3, shipped with a rumble controller in time for christmas at a 400 dollar price tag.

Sony may actually do well this year. But of course, being as dumb as they are...

Tree
September 30th, 2007, 22:52
Its not that it matters when its coming out for the end users, but rather for the BUSINESS. If Sony delivered Rumble controllers for christmas, I can imagine that sales of the controller would be insane. People with even 3 or 4 regular controllers would quickly pick up an equal quantity of rumbling controllers.

I just don't understand Sony anymore. Imagine the "new" PS3, shipped with a rumble controller in time for christmas at a 400 dollar price tag.

Sony may actually do well this year. But of course, being as dumb as they are...

i think there plan is to sell to as many people as they can that realy want a PS3 then try to steal the 360 fans ... like people who have been round mine house that have 360s there like :O when the price tag comes down i will sell me 360 for one, but if they didnt have one they would get it.

Shadowblind
September 30th, 2007, 23:48
Rumble does far more wonders then you know. Heck, I couldn't play God of War without the rumble. And the Wiimotes rumble really sucks, given the size of the -mote.