PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Installer for 3.xx kernels Revision 2

wraggster
September 29th, 2007, 21:58
News/release from Hellcat:

P a n d o r a I n s t a l l e r f o r 3 . x x K e r n e l s
========================= ===================

UPDATE:
Revision 2: Now you can now also perform the actions on the memorystick, you so far needed to use "mspformat" and "msint" on the PC for!
That is repartitioning and formatting the memstick to reserve some space for the MS IPL and then install the IPL (MSIPL.BIN) into that reserved area.
The "Pandora Installer for 3.xx" holds options to perfom those tasks with a simple button press!
No more hazzeling around with the command prompt tools

....and yes, can use this to install ANY msipl.bin, not only the original one (Boosters multiboot, for example)

Preface?
----------
NEVER, NEVER EVER, NEEEEVER USE THIS TO CONVERT A SLIM BATTERY TO PANDORA!
YOU WILL KILL YOUR BATTERY! ONLY USE WITH FAT'S BATTERY!

ONLY USE WITH FAT'S BATTERY! ONLY USE WITH FAT'S BATTERY!

It runns on the Slim, YES, but: ONLY USE WITH FAT'S BATTERY!

OK?

Now What?
-----------
The original Pandora-Tools are dependant on 1.50, if you are on 3.71-M33
or the Slim you're out of luck - the don't run.

But fear no more ;-)

This is an installer app for a base Pandora setup.
It runns under *ANY* currently known kernel (that is 1.50 to 3.71) and
gives you three options:

1) Make normal battery to Pandora one
2) Make Pandora battery to normal one
3) Install a full 1.50 to the memstick, including the Pandora

And yes, it does run on 3.71 - I tested it myself ;-)

How?
------
To use the installer, first you need the 1.50 updater EBOOT named
as "UPDATE.PBP" in the root folder of your memorystick.
As a regular Pandora user you'll have that already, if not: copy it!

Now copy the "pan3xx" folder from this archive to
/PSP/GAME/ on your memorystick - and run it!

Done

Cool?
-------
Yes!
Since this installer installs a full 1.50, and not only a subset like
the original installer, you're only one tiny file edit away from
booting a full 1.50 from your memstick to run additional tools or
installers from there before/instead of directly flashing your PSP.

At this point, let me suggest to install the "Extended Pandora Menu" ;-D

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via hellcat (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-pandora-installer-for-3xx-kernels-122449.html)

DarthPaul
September 29th, 2007, 22:25
This is awesome. Yesterday I realized how useful this is. :)

domthegod
September 30th, 2007, 02:46
do you need cfw?

Chrish SRi
September 30th, 2007, 03:21
I only get the error message stating "The game could not be started. (80020148)"

I am running Ver 3.71 (official Sony Update)

and I have also tried it on my Mates PSP running Ver 2.80 and get the same results...

I know the Software is for 3.xx but if you dont try you wont know)

regards

Chris

Fras
September 30th, 2007, 09:55
Wow nice, but im new to this so i was wondering if somebody could answer a newby question for me? By installing the 1.5 to the memory stick is it possible to load up 1.5 firmware at will and use it just like a normal 1.5, so in other words ability to download homebrew games and run them? Also would you guys suggest using a seperate memory stick to my 4gb one?

Thanks,
Fras

Gene
September 30th, 2007, 17:31
I only get the error message stating "The game could not be started. (80020148)"

I am running Ver 3.71 (official Sony Update)

and I have also tried it on my Mates PSP running Ver 2.80 and get the same results...

I know the Software is for 3.xx but if you dont try you wont know)

regards

Chris

Sorry man, this is only for custom firmwares. 3.xx and of course 1.0 and 1.5 firmwares.

SamuraiX
September 30th, 2007, 20:19
Well I have a sandisk 512 and after running step 3. The card hangs my PSP. I have to perform a hard reboot every time it boots up as the menu never comes up until i remove the card. Though i could easliy recover the card as i can format it on my PC.

So.... I'm not having any luck...:(

SpooForBrains
September 30th, 2007, 23:10
Well I have a sandisk 512 and after running step 3. The card hangs my PSP. I have to perform a hard reboot every time it boots up as the menu never comes up until i remove the card. Though i could easliy recover the card as i can format it on my PC.

Exactly the same for me. Same card too.

You can reformat it using the PSP. Boot without it inserted, go to the format USB option, and then before you choose "yes" put in the memory stick.

Still, this is intensely frustrating! Rargh!

CaptainMorgan4
October 1st, 2007, 03:35
*!!PLEASE someone report this bug!!*
The 4gb Sandisk Ruby Red and quite possibly all the 4gb memory sticks (need further testing) are not compatable to be made into Magic Pandora Memory Sticks.

V3N0M
October 1st, 2007, 05:14

Exactly the same for me. Same card too.

You can reformat it using the PSP. Boot without it inserted, go to the format USB option, and then before you choose "yes" put in the memory stick.

Still, this is intensely frustrating! Rargh!

I've expierenced these same issues. I still haven't been able to get it to work. Not a big deal for me as I have Phat PSP to do the work. Hopefully someone figures out what we are doing wrong..

SpooForBrains
October 1st, 2007, 09:56
It's just the initial step of formatting the memory stick that appears to have a problem. Having finally bitten the bullet and booted up Windows to do that part (I swear I die a little inside every time I have to do that) the rest of the process appeared to proceed OK.

Edit: by formatting the memory stick I mean repartitioning to reserve space for the IPL.

Of course, it appears that my battery is not pandora compatible so I have to wait for the one I ordered last night to come through to test, so we'll see.

CaptainMorgan: define what you mean by not compatible? Exactly what behaviour are you getting?

urherenow
October 1st, 2007, 15:45
I know that a 512MB sony stck is perfect for pandora. (didn't try my 4GB sandisk) I also know that if the formatting part is the only thing that is messing up then (as long as you have a winxp system available) you can EASILY use the original mspformat tool (included in the original pandora .zip file) to take care of it for you.

Sonicboy 101
October 1st, 2007, 15:53
*!!PLEASE someone report this bug!!*
The 4gb Sandisk Ruby Red and quite possibly all the 4gb memory sticks (need further testing) are not compatable to be made into Magic Pandora Memory Sticks.

You gotta be kidding me - If I brick I'm screwed.

SpooForBrains
October 1st, 2007, 16:34
Not compatible for us with this, but then my 512 Sandisk won't work with this. However as I said above, it worked fine when using the Windows formatting utils.