PDA

View Full Version : How do you turn on voice prompts????

Triple Seis
September 30th, 2007, 01:14
Ok the title pretty much sais it all! I got the latest 0.5 version of mapthis. Im sure I read somewhere its capable of voice prompts?!?!?

anyone know how I get the working???:confused:

Nieko
September 30th, 2007, 09:36
You can find how this works in the README.txt.txt in mapViewer_v05.zip. In short, you'll need an integer at the end of every POI line indicating which sound file it should play. Both GMDL and my proxy now support this.

Triple Seis
September 30th, 2007, 14:03
Thanks I'll have a look at the readme! Do you mean the new GMDL?? think im still using the old one

Nieko
September 30th, 2007, 15:53
Yes, GMDL starting version 0.5.x.

umelmaaz
October 1st, 2007, 23:19
ok i have a couple of questions? i have map this with the psp290, and it works, but what i am confused about is, how do you make the pspgive you directions to where you want to go, and can you use voice prompts in canada, i don't see a reason why, but i have seen the question but never been awnsered!
thank you very much.

Nieko
October 2nd, 2007, 10:31
First, you'll need a POI file containing the route. You can create this using GMDL or http://getroute.nieko.net. Newer versions of GMDL and my site already add voice prompts.

In the README of MapThis 0.5 (mapViewer_v05.rar) you can find how these voice prompts work.