PDA

View Full Version : Sony Releases An Official XMB Theme Maker!

BelmontSlayer
October 1st, 2007, 03:50
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/BelmontSlayer/Theme_Maker.png

It seems Sony is taking a lesson from the homebrew scene. The latest revision of the PSP firmware (3.71) included the feature of custom XMB themes. To help make customization easier Sony released a tool which allows you to create your own custom theme. The theme will work on the both the official firmware and M33's custom firmware. Simply place the .ptf file into ms0:/PSP/THEME and select it from the theme settings menu. A manual is included for those with little to no experience making themes. Credit goes to zmcnulty for translating the manual into English.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via SCEJ (http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/dl/tool/psp_customtheme_tool_eula.html)

pt9087
October 1st, 2007, 16:19
I already posted this in the forum days ago

Spyzius
October 1st, 2007, 16:24
awsome maybe i will update to 3.71 m33 sometime

DarthPaul
October 1st, 2007, 16:40
This..is..very old. But good. Thanks. :)

Alucardmoon
October 1st, 2007, 16:50
ok i get it no love for 3.40 oe-a huh what a lot of hate

Veskgar
October 1st, 2007, 17:09
This..is..very old. But good. Thanks. :)

It may be old but I had no idea this was available. Thanks for the news. This is actually a significant little ability that SONY has provided. The fact that this spits out ready-to-use .ptf files is very cool stuff.

Now we don't have to wait for SONY to release themes and it will be very exciting to see the creative themes that the homebrew community comes up with using this tool.

I'm loving the Wipeout theme on my Slim & Lite and look forward to more cool themes from SONY & users alike.

Congrats to SONY for giving us a simple solution to something that has been a huge attraction to homebrew users.

Mister Klownes
October 1st, 2007, 17:13
Whatever it takes to get it up on the front page...

Airdevil
October 1st, 2007, 17:14
only 2 years too late sony....

Ah well, guess better late then never eh?

mnuhaily22
October 1st, 2007, 17:15
ok i get it no love for 3.40 oe-a huh what a lot of hate
Don't worry bro, I'm down to 3.03 OE-C today cause of the GTA cheat devices not working on the latest...

CaptainMorgan4
October 1st, 2007, 17:21
Oh MicroNut I'd appreciate it so much if you could convert the Pure Silver icons using this tool, that's all I want right now, my platnium icons on 3.71 M33.

nomi
October 1st, 2007, 18:28
still doesnt have the level of complex theme making as we have.. u can only change the icons.. we have changed the XMB

luis_05
October 1st, 2007, 18:37
copycats

camcorderdoctor
October 1st, 2007, 19:51
well the only thing left really is the wave edit - sony may provide that soon. Who knows. Just be patient everyone --- something is gonna happen soon! I'm sure of it. Sony may actually do somthing useful for the community.

Auriman1
October 1st, 2007, 22:08
I'll definitely use this

Vega
October 1st, 2007, 23:29
Sony may actually do somthing useful for the community.

erm, wasn't manufacturing PSPs enough?

I applaud Sony for creating this little app and hopefully they will continue to update it.

urherenow
October 2nd, 2007, 00:45
heh... I said this was coming before 3.71 was even available for download on the US playstation page. Guess for once I was right (and not misinformed) I know someone who could probably make some truly kick ass icons if we could convince him to. He goes by the screen name Mamu_ and does his own set of icons for Mame32/Mame32Plus.

I won't put out web addresses or e-mail here but search for it and ask him POLITELY. Great artist, just give him a theme and he can make it.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 2nd, 2007, 20:05
this actually pisses me off. sony realizes they cant beat us with pandora, so they steal our ideas. i love custom xmbs, they make my psp unique in public. now every looser will have one

-=me=-
October 3rd, 2007, 01:43
I really wish the GTA cheat plugin would work on these newer firmwares....

mikebeaver
October 4th, 2007, 18:51
I really wish the GTA cheat plugin would work on these newer firmwares....

How the heck is that related to custom theme's?

Mike..

samir5421
October 15th, 2007, 22:02
it crashes when I insert a picture. why??? help!!!

darkness angel 777
October 28th, 2007, 17:29
this is very good...

iamapieceofpoo
November 2nd, 2007, 23:29
hola

espanol

iamapieceofpoo
November 2nd, 2007, 23:30
you suck
How rude!

ncjmj
November 6th, 2007, 01:01
Thanks a bunch for the converted manual. I had absolutely no idea what i was doing!

worf121
November 25th, 2008, 17:31
Hi All in the forums
Wow should of signed up years ago
I've been tinkering for about 2 years now with PSP's and the universe just gets bigger and bigger thanks to sites like these..
I hope I can find out more as i get use to forums and have fun doing so..