PDA

View Full Version : Supercard DS-One (SDHC) - SLOT 1

wraggster
October 1st, 2007, 19:48
Newly announced at Flashlinker Shop Europe (http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/product_info.php?ref=30&products_id=544&affiliate_banner_id=1)

http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/images/dsone_sdhc2.jpg

Main feature:

- Plug and play (no flashme, no passme, no convert)
- no PC software required, just drag and drop from PC to flash memory card
- Hardware save support. Easy to backup and exchange save with other players.
- support FAT/FAT32 up to 32Gbits flash memory
- DS original cartridge size
- TFlash/MicroSD slot
- including T-Flash cardreader

Preorder Now (http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/product_info.php?ref=30&products_id=544&affiliate_banner_id=1)

rememberthe8bit
October 1st, 2007, 20:28
Just 32Gbits? Doesn't the SDHC standard go up to 2048GB (GigaBytes)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#SDHC

Harshboy
October 1st, 2007, 21:11
Just 32Gbits? Doesn't the SDHC standard go up to 2048GB (GigaBytes)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#SDHC

I'm pretty sure they mean 32GB.

Sonny_Jim
October 1st, 2007, 22:45
No, it's 4GB.

32Gbits = 4GBytes

Most flash cart manufacturers use bits instead of bytes to make their cart appear bigger.

rokobungi
October 2nd, 2007, 00:23
but the current standard supports 32gigabytes with fat32 the card's just aren't available .... yet.

TeenDev
October 2nd, 2007, 00:27
man its like a massive battle between SC and Cyclo to see who can make a better SDHC flashcart...

CoinCollector
October 2nd, 2007, 00:40
I just bought a slot-2 SuperCard SD and a SuperKey, and I'm happy with them.

redsyrup
October 2nd, 2007, 02:56
Can't wait for an awesome SDHC slot 1 flashcart, bring it baby! are M3 and R4 developing anything?

ChrisValentine
October 2nd, 2007, 20:39
I couldn't wait to get mine, so I got it with Express Shipping within the hour of hearing about it. :P
We're upper-middle class like that.

lildevil
November 20th, 2007, 22:29
I recently bought 2 Supercard DS One SDHC.

I can confirm that it currently only reads up to 4Gbs of games.

I have installed the latest version of the shell specifically for the SCDS1 SDHC from the Supercard site, dated 10/10/07

Having purchased a 6 Gb Sandisk SDHC card for both of the units, both will only read up to 4 Gbs on the drive. Any games written past 4Gbs will show up in the game list, but they make browsing the game list very slow and will boot to two white screens or two black screens, no further.

If there are any Supercard devs reading this, please fix this as the reason for buying a SDHC card is moot if it does not read past 4Gbs, especially with the new 8Gb sandisk card coming out soon.

Zetr0
November 22nd, 2007, 14:37
Hello there DCEMU-uk,

this being my first post, a BIG HELLO :)

I recently purchased my daughter (and soon me lol) an NDS Lite and with that I also bought the DSONE SDHC pack too.

however after 2 hours solid i cannot seem to get it to work.

I followed the instructions to the letter by formatting a 2GB MicroSD for FAT32. and copying the file "MSFORSC.NDS" and the directory "scshell" to the root of the SD card

however I am left with an error, blue screen denoting it "can not found shell directory"

copied the directory on the SD card and renamed it to shell. and still the same error. formated the SD card to FAT attempted the above again and the same error.

downloaded the latest version of SuperCard DSONE and formatted the card for FAT32 and copied the file and directory again, still very same error.

I then tested the super card with L+B on power up and it stated everything is fine. after a reset it come back with the same failure.

for fits and giggles I attempted another Micro SD card, using the above method (only 1GB though) trying different formats (FAT/FAT32) but still the same problem,

However I did attempt to change the input method by holding down L+A and as long as i hold it down the top screen has a nice picture but as usual the bottom screen is there with an error on it.

yeah... i have had about two hours of this so i figure i should ask some much more knowledgeable than I :D just to save my follicles and my sanity.

DanTheManMS
November 25th, 2007, 19:11
Do you get any errors when you hold L+R upon bootup? I'm not entirely sure what's causing the errors you're getting, so perhaps the hardware is defective.

Zetr0
November 25th, 2007, 19:38
@DanTheManMS

no, theres no errors at all...

in test mode it passes all the tests, albeit by one where it states the test file is not available but the rest are green.

If left to boot normally with the card in it goes to error complaining it cannot find the shell directory.

I recently bought the DS from Argos, for my daughters Christmas present. so i do wonder if it could be a firmware issue perhaps ?

According to supercard the latest firmware for thier card is 1.01 wich the test mode confirms...

i appreciate any help or ideas on what I am doing wrong.