PDA

View Full Version : CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP/MVSPSP/NCDZPSP v2.2.1

aTomIC
October 2nd, 2007, 12:46
NJ (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) done it again and ported/updated his emulators for the PSP Slim. CPS1PSP is a Capcom Play System 1, CPS2PSP a Capcom Play System 2, MVSPSP a SNK Neogeo MVS (arcade machine) and NCDZPSP a SNK Neogeo CD emulator.

He wrote (bad Google translation:):

- ver.2.2.1 -
Everything: When failing in opening the ROM file, because processing is strange, correcting the bug which has been frozen.
MVSPSP: Correcting the bug which sound has stopped being played back at portion of the game where cash had become unnecessary.
MVSPSP: Correcting the bug where the character transforms with the small game of size.

CPS1PSP and NCDZPSP were added, but because it cannot guarantee operation, please acknowledge.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

`The0n3
October 2nd, 2007, 17:13
NJ is a genius I wish he coded every emulator he is an emulator machine.

DarthPaul
October 2nd, 2007, 17:36
He's cool but I don't think he should code every emulator. :p

Like for example; GBA's emulator coder, aka Exophase, rules!! Also N64's, Strmn of course. :)

paladinja
October 2nd, 2007, 19:52
Exophase is a cool fellow, we've chatted a few times (no i dont think that makes me cooler, just stating that i'm not issuing empty props here).

but even if no one asked me i would say:

We should be polytheistic and promote all top-shelf emu creators to ROCKSTAR status!

....but yes NJ does get a special cookie.

`The0n3
October 2nd, 2007, 20:39
Im not completely saying nj is better than those people im just saying he is one the greatest psp emu dev's Exophase and strmn are great to but I think nj is so amazing because he has achieved fullspeed with 5 different systems and have consecutive releases I just think its great. It would be cool if he just combined them into a joint emu though.

paladinja
October 3rd, 2007, 00:07
i will say it until i am lynched: C!P!S!3!!!!!!!

beldandy561
October 3rd, 2007, 02:28
I have jumped on these emulators since they became compatible with the slim in version 2.0.6.

During the release of 2.0.6 there were 2 versions released. One for regular single use and the other had Ad-Hock support.

My questions is do these new versions (2.2.0 & 2.2.1) have the Ad-Hock support built in or is it not available yet.

I don't know because I don't have a second slim to test this with.

Thanks in advance for your comments

saulin
October 3rd, 2007, 10:05
So this update is only for slim and not for regular psp?

beldandy561
October 3rd, 2007, 16:34
Yes.

This version (2.2.1 and the previous version (2.2.0)) are designed specifically for the slim to take adavantage of the extra internal ram. (that was not in the original PSP)

with the extra ram accessable you can now run all CPS-2 titles directly from the system without caching data from the memory card constently, (because the whole game rom is extracted to the internal 64Mb of ram and run directly from the PSP motherboard.) This cuts down on the battery consumption because you are not accessing the memory card and it resolves all the issues of frame loss and / or slowdown in later titles like Marvel Super Hereos Vs. Street fighter and Marvel Vs Capcom. (which was the final and most advanced CPS-2 title released by capcom.)

In essance, you get arcade perfect performance with no need to cach the rom/zip files (which also saves huge amounts of memory card space.

cse1320
October 4th, 2007, 11:46
does this work on 3.60 m33 or it's only for 3.71 m33?