PDA

View Full Version : The game could not be started (8002014C)

velkrosmaak
October 2nd, 2007, 16:36
Hi there!

I've had this problem since I got my PSP, and thought that future firmware upgrades might resolve it; but they haven't, and now I've started to notice that other people are having the same problem.

I am constantly getting that error,

The game could not be started (8002014C)

When trying to run certain homebrews, or certain ISOs.

I'm running 3.71 M33, with the 1.50 firmware patch (though I don't know how to check if this actually installed correctly).

Is there something I'm missing? Is there some setting that i've not set? I have tried the homebrew in the GAME folder, the GAME150 and the GAME370 folders, but all to no avail.

If anyone can help me with this, and get it working - I'll buy them a beer.

Thanks,

velkro

cal360
October 2nd, 2007, 18:01
Hold R and go into the recovery menu and check yourt configuration settings to see whether your PSP mode is set to the 1.50 setting if not change it, which should fix it and please DON'T EVEN MENTION ISO's HERE I will never help you fix an ISO problem and neither will anyone else.

thehumanidiot
October 4th, 2007, 01:18
put the game in the GAME150 folder, and just a question, why does it seem that everyone here is against ISOs? There is nothing wrong with them as long as you own the UMD.

SpooForBrains
October 4th, 2007, 11:21
put the game in the GAME150 folder, and just a question, why does it seem that everyone here is against ISOs? There is nothing wrong with them as long as you own the UMD.

Site policy.

sourced
October 4th, 2007, 15:09

ask the mods and admins :confused:

thehumanidiot
October 4th, 2007, 22:34
ok thank you

velkrosmaak
October 5th, 2007, 16:50
Hold R and go into the recovery menu and check yourt configuration settings to see whether your PSP mode is set to the 1.50 setting if not change it, which should fix it and please DON'T EVEN MENTION ISO's HERE I will never help you fix an ISO problem and neither will anyone else.

Do you mean the "Game folder homebrew" ?

I've got that set to 1.50 kernel, I take it that's correct. The only other option I have is 3.71 kernel.

Are there any other particular settings I need to change there?

Thanks for your help!

DethMetalMario
December 31st, 2008, 03:50
I have done everthing that has been mentioned above. I changed it to 1.50 kernal. tried putting it in GAME150 but my PSP didn't start with a folder for that so I had to make one and it didn't work. I'm running 5.00 M3-4. Now it jst came up with a new message. I got the one mentioned above and now I'm getting "The game could not be started. (80010002) What do those numbers even mean? Could someone tell me what to do?