PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 tops UK charts, but not GTA's record

Shrygue
October 2nd, 2007, 18:28
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=29184)

Halo 3 has claimed the number one spot in the UK all-format charts, in a strong week for new releases.

However, it is not the fastest-selling game in UK history, as many had expected. According to Chart Track, that record still belongs to Rockstar's 2004 release Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, with Halo 3 second.

Chart Track also stated that Halo 3 had doubled sales of 360 hardware to the highest level this year.

EA Sports' multiformat football update, FIFA 08, entered the chart in second place behind Microsoft's Xbox 360 blockbuster. Last week's top two - Tiger Woods 08 and MySims - claimed fourth and third places respectively for EA.

Other new entries in the top 10 were Juiced 2 at 5, and Sega Rally at 7. EA's new skateboarding franchise Skate just missed out, debuting at number 11. Activision's Enemy Territory: Quake Wars also failed to make the top 10, entering at 16.

The remainder of places in the top 10 were taken by Nintendo (with More Brain Training, Super Paper Mario and Wii Play) and Activision's Transformers licence.

THQ's Ratatouille did not fare so well, entering the chart at 39. However, the Pixar film on which it is based has yet to be released in the UK.

As well as the 360 itself, there was one other notable beneficiary of the Halo effect: Microsoft's racing sim Forza Motorsport 2, which soared 22 places, from 35 to 13.

DarthPaul
October 2nd, 2007, 18:37
GTA: San Andreas FTW! :D

kidSN
October 2nd, 2007, 19:36
jjeeaah mann ...would choose new GTA over Halo3

Veskgar
October 2nd, 2007, 22:47
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but Halo 3 blows GTA out of the water.

Halo 3 is a masterpiece to say the least. Nothing is perfect and I'm sure some people could find some minimal faults. But As with Halo 2, Bungie has the ability to update, patch, etc. So over time with new content Halo 3 will prove to be a far greater and longer lasting gaming experience.

I'm a bit of a Halo Junkie though. I ordered the Legendary version so I could have a replica of Master Chief's helmet. I must say, it was worth every penny.

DarthPaul
October 3rd, 2007, 00:53
Well yeah, Veskgar is right. I always forget about the patches and updates. :D

Joe88
October 3rd, 2007, 05:11
halo suck, generic FPS

woot @ GTA:SA :D

grantlionheart
October 5th, 2007, 15:21
Of course forza2 sales went up, Almost everyone i know who bought a 360 for halo3 had to buy a forza bundle because all the other packages were sold out.