PDA

View Full Version : PMPlayer AdVanCe 02/10/2007

wraggster
October 2nd, 2007, 20:51
Cooleyes (http://www.cngba.com/thread-16816469-1-1.html) has released a new build of his Media Player for the PSP which supports 3.xx firmware only. Seems that a 48k Broadcast bug has been fixed.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarthPaul
October 2nd, 2007, 20:55
Another one?

That was fast! Downloading.

kennyboy
October 3rd, 2007, 01:40
too bad there's no english build.

luckily i understand chinese.

ish420ism
October 3rd, 2007, 07:48
how about translating what this plays

jamotto
October 3rd, 2007, 08:08
It plays PMP files.

rajabaja
October 3rd, 2007, 08:33
It plays PMP files.

Is it possible to play xvid or divx files with this????

wimsoft
October 3rd, 2007, 09:39
i couldnt play anything with this PMPlayer, i guess i didnt understand wut's for this app? i want an explanation about files it play!

Apoklepz
October 4th, 2007, 00:36
too bad there's no english build.

luckily i understand chinese.

tsk tsk.....Kenny, my boy...open the config.xml with your text editor of choice and just change the following line;

<skin current="default" />

to this;

<skin current="normal-en" />

WALLA!!! English!:thumbup:

...and to the other inquiry below, this app plays .PMP formatted movies, the BEST hacker made format available to the PSP. Reduce an entire DVD film in size as low as 300MB to 500MB with very few loss over quality! It is the best movie file codec!!!

Look up a PC program called Xvid4PSP to do the conversion....I think the latest version, which also works best under Windows Vista is v5.021...GOOGLE!

jamotto
October 4th, 2007, 03:18
Is it possible to play xvid or divx files with this????

You would have convert your videos using the program Apoklepz pointed out.

Apoklepz
October 4th, 2007, 03:42
Yep.

Someone know how to get a different thumbnail previews in the menu for each movie??? I get the same default one for each film.

I couldn't find the part about this in the readme from what I translated with google.

It's really amazing to know that I no longer need different builds of PMPmod to play my PMP movies....They all work with this single app now!!!

Jungle-Cat
October 4th, 2007, 10:09
PMP isnt a codec in itself, it is xvid + mp3, just to clarify.

Apoklepz
October 4th, 2007, 12:54
Well AMEN to that!:thumbup:

jamotto
October 4th, 2007, 23:34
Version two was Xvid + mp3, version one was AVC + AAC.

Apoklepz
October 5th, 2007, 03:46
Oh, ok.

BTW, I just found out thumbnail previews for the movie files have to be a resolution of 144 x 80, must be placed in the same VIDEO folder as the movie file, and must be named just like the movie file, instead you must switch the .pmp extension to .png....but Xvid4PSP does it all for you. Like for example;

Superbad_DVD_Screener.PMP (movie file name)

Superbad_DVD_Screener.PNG (thumbnail name)

I love this app.....I'm almost done making a Spanish language skin for it, will post it here later.