PDA

View Full Version : Real Halo on the NDS

Taris
October 2nd, 2007, 21:34
IGN have today unleashed the Video of Halo on the DS, the demo shows what the DS is capable of, pity it will most likely never be released

Video Here (http://media.video.ign.com/ev/ev.html?dlURL=http://dsmovies.ign.com/ds/video/article/824/824346/halods1_flvds.flv&object_ID=874110)

AXYPB
October 2nd, 2007, 21:45
I'm having a hard time believing this isn't just some homebrew developed to be a hoax. There's no way the DS can maintain such a high framerate constantly.

pibs
October 2nd, 2007, 21:46
very nice find, im down to buy it if it ever comes out. looks solid.

gronne
October 2nd, 2007, 21:51
October 2 - 2005....

edit: didn't see the one where they explain it.. sorry.

DimensionT
October 2nd, 2007, 21:56
I'm having a hard time believing this isn't just some homebrew developed to be a hoax. There's no way the DS can maintain such a high framerate constantly.

Why is that? Metroid Prime looks better, and it's framerate is just as good.

It's not the real Halo graphics... They've been dumbed down to be playable on the DS.

Taris
October 2nd, 2007, 22:00
Why is that? Metroid Prime looks better, and it's framerate is just as good.

It's not the real Halo graphics... They've been dumbed down to be playable on the DS.

same with Mech Assult. Heres to hoping it's a) sold, or b) is leaked :D

gronne
October 2nd, 2007, 22:03
Looks quite neat.. Didn't really like the rough textures though, and the aiming seems too hard, but I'd love to get my hands on it!

V3N0M
October 2nd, 2007, 22:10
Very Interesting.. I figured this would be just another one of those fake videos. The ones where someone is just playing a Halo game video on the DS and saying it's real. But amazing it appears to be real, if this is a fake it has me fooled.

gutbub
October 2nd, 2007, 22:21
Wow, how lame is it that they didn't release it? Seriously, that game would make a fortune. Also, it would help, not hurt Xbox out, at least in Japan. The guy mentioned having his own blog, any one have a link?

gronne
October 2nd, 2007, 22:49
http://blogs.ign.com/matt-ign

bowmessage
October 2nd, 2007, 23:02
just looks like 007 DS with some new skins and pictures xD.

stevo11185
October 2nd, 2007, 23:06
id so raep this game

bowmessage
October 2nd, 2007, 23:07
just looks like 007 DS with some new skins and pictures xD.

pas
October 2nd, 2007, 23:09
Fake ! Sounds like Goldeneye, and even uses the same Graphicengine as it, just a way for Matt to get his ass out of his hopeless situation.

sonikku88
October 2nd, 2007, 23:11
I, like all of you, am gutted to hear that the game will never be released. It would have been pretty awesome, especially if it had online capabilities. =D I would imagine the touch screen controls would be a bit hard on your stylus hand and could cause craps, but then Star Fox Command was controlled similarly and it seemed OK. We can only hope that this will be leaked on the net soon. =]

Alpha_Slayer
October 2nd, 2007, 23:16
I am now spending all of my free time wishing and praying to all known gods for a leak.

rememberthe8bit
October 2nd, 2007, 23:22
Does anyone think that this feels alarmingly like Goldeneye for the DS!? The gun firing sound samples have the same low quality (and the DS can to better like MPH), the looking seems to have the same rough feel, the layout is the same, the fonts are the same. Also, he never gets in the Warthog, something that would be obligatory if you were demoing the game. Plus the models look kie they're just retextured. Wow, he really wants to kill his image!

EDIT: Oh, yeah I guess some people see it too! :)

gronne
October 2nd, 2007, 23:48
I'm not saying you're wrong, I just can't see how they'd be able to fake it, and more than anything, why? Even though I agree it has similarities with 007, wouldn't they need the source-code to alter it? I'd be more surprised if they had the source-code to 007 than a not released copy of Halo.

AaronRocksG
October 2nd, 2007, 23:53
nobody get excited. i know what this is. this is just james bond goldeney with a skin over it. the same menu, the people die the same way. it shows damage the same way. keep in mind, these guys work with wideo games for a living, so it wouldnt be too outta their league

KeenCommander
October 2nd, 2007, 23:53
Their server is getting completely swamped, which is pretty bad since it's a major site. The link has timed out like 5 times on me. Has anyone got this on YouTube yet?

wolfpack
October 3rd, 2007, 00:33
looks like goldeneye rogue agent modded, or at least uses the same engine

::Xraxa, plz:.
October 3rd, 2007, 00:40
Id like to see if i can find the rom online, but I doubt many copies were send out.

TeenDev
October 3rd, 2007, 02:56
looks like GoldenEye... this is complete bullsh**

ExcruciationX
October 3rd, 2007, 03:07
It isn't that unbelievable that somebody would fake something. Does anybody here remember "PSdonkey" or "Zombie (some random slew of numbers)"? They both faked full speed N64 emulators for no particular reason.

crookedmouth
October 3rd, 2007, 03:08
I saw footage of this a long time ago. If it was real, it seems like someone would have released the rom, but I could be wrong. Never got into Halo.

Xcliber
October 3rd, 2007, 05:39
HEY!! with all the hype this is getting on the net, bungie or microsoft or some other party could ACTUALLY take notice of this and make this dream into a reallity!

linkenski
October 3rd, 2007, 07:15
i just wish that the team that made it would release the game to the homebrew scene! i would so much like to play it!

gronne
October 3rd, 2007, 13:26
I'm still not convinced why it should be fake. What if the 007-team got the contract to make the game? Maybe they used the same engine to save a lot of work? Or maybe another team bought their engine to make Halo.

DarthPaul
October 3rd, 2007, 16:09
Haha you wish.

If you wanna play Halo buy an Xbox!

DanWare
October 3rd, 2007, 19:33
Haha you wish.

If you wanna play Halo buy an Xbox!

That's the most sensible comment on here. I don't know why anyone even entertains the idea that this could be a *commercial* Halo.

If we could develop mods for an engine like Goldeneye, then for God's sake release that!!!

The King
October 3rd, 2007, 19:49
halo for ds or for the psp it would not seem good for the genrey i think
plus halo would be horrible to play on eather ds or psp there would be no point in making it if it works because it wount sell as much and if it does it would take them more than a year or so just so they could hit the controls to have the same fell that the majority of halo fans would want

and dont forge these are big companys that there objective is eather to get money or to get rid of there competition

gutbub
October 3rd, 2007, 23:48
halo for ds or for the psp it would not seem good for the genrey i think
plus halo would be horrible to play on eather ds or psp there would be no point in making it if it works because it wount sell as much and if it does it would take them more than a year or so just so they could hit the controls to have the same fell that the majority of halo fans would want

and dont forge these are big companys that there objective is eather to get money or to get rid of there competition

Oh yeah, that makes sense... nevermind, no it doesn't. Why sell Halo to people who already own it? The DS needs a new shooting game, and during the whole summer, it was selling 90,000+ every week, in Japan alone. Unfortuneately, I agree with the majority of you guys, it looks too much like Rogue Agent.

::Xraxa, plz:.
October 4th, 2007, 00:17
Halo DS validity argued: http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/10/03/halo-ds-validity-argued/

bobtheninjaoffood
October 4th, 2007, 01:30
Ok i played Goldeneye Rouge Agent till my brain rotted. That was DEFINITELY a mod, a hack, an ips, or a use of the engine. Halo DS is definitely fake.

9foxtails
October 9th, 2007, 02:10
I would so have bought it...
Dont know why they didnt release it.
Multiplayer or Wi-Fi would have kicked ass

F2bnp
October 9th, 2007, 20:05
It seems real but it does also look like Goldeneye