PDA

View Full Version : Help, I messed up my flash0

hooliganbandit
October 3rd, 2007, 01:44
Both old and new versions of pandora cannot unbrick/downgrade my psp. The old version freezes up after formatting the flash drives and the new one freezes at formatting flash0. Also, the extended boot menu freezes at unassigning flash0. I have had success running fw from the memcard using extended boot menu, however.

I assume my problem is with flash0 only b/c thats where i get the error messages.

I think I messed it up by flashing a bad nand (without id storage).

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?

thehumanidiot
October 3rd, 2007, 02:30
a few things we need to know...
what kind of psp do you have?(Slim or Phat)
Can you get to recovery mode?
what errors do you get?

hooliganbandit
October 3rd, 2007, 02:56
OK i have the phat psp. I can't get into recovery mode. I already listed the errors i get... (as in errors w/ pandora)

I guess i should mention that i have a full brick- light blinks on then off 20 seconds later.

I had unbricked it from the same state using pandora, but I had to use a friend's nand to get it to work. Then my psp kept on bricking whenver i tried to edit settings. I think i flashed a 1.5 nand on a 3.71m33 at one point which may have caused pandora to stop working. I don't remember the order of events very well though.

oh, my pandora's battery/ memstick work on other psps

thanks

Cloudhunter
October 3rd, 2007, 02:59
Try flashing a nand dump without idstorage.

Cloudy

hooliganbandit
October 3rd, 2007, 05:33
Try flashing a nand dump without idstorage.

Cloudy

a 1.5 nand?

And the new pandora menu doesn't give the choice for idstorage or no idstorage as far as i can tell, so I don't know if its safe...

Gene
October 3rd, 2007, 06:27
a 1.5 nand?

And the new pandora menu doesn't give the choice for idstorage or no idstorage as far as i can tell, so I don't know if its safe...

Well you can't really make it worse if it's already broken, right?

hooliganbandit
October 3rd, 2007, 06:58
Well you can't really make it worse if it's already broken, right?

i'm not so sure i can't...
already they've released new methods of unbricking and its possible that if i had used one of those instead of flashing the nand for the first time i wouldn't be in this mess. Its hastiness that got me the brick so, i'd rather heir on the side of um... tardiness...

SpooForBrains
October 3rd, 2007, 10:12
i'm not so sure i can't...
already they've released new methods of unbricking and its possible that if i had used one of those instead of flashing the nand for the first time i wouldn't be in this mess. Its hastiness that got me the brick so, i'd rather heir on the side of um... tardiness...

Err on the side of caution? Good idea! Have you tried posting on the n00bz support forum, http://forums.noobz.eu/ ?

hooliganbandit
October 4th, 2007, 01:04
Err on the side of caution? lol, i knew that...:rolleyes:

Good idea! Have you tried posting on the n00bz support forum, http://forums.noobz.eu/ ?

Now I have, thanks for the link.

YourBandSucks
October 11th, 2007, 01:20
id say maybe try running a recovery eboot if you got one, but thats a long shot cuz im assuming if you had one, your not likely to hit up this forum asking, so have you tried downloading a backup of flash0 somewhere and replacing all your flash files with all of the ones in the backup?

Gene
October 11th, 2007, 03:40
If you can run 1.5 from memory stick try to run the 2.0 update Eboot from memstick1.5. Who knows, it just might work.