PDA

View Full Version : Sony Won’t Bring PSP Slim S-Video Cables To U.S.

bandit
October 3rd, 2007, 12:38
While they’re available in Japan and elsewhere, Sony has decided not to offer S-video cables for its new PSP Slim handheld in North America. Why not? A company representative told us that they wanted to streamline their selection, giving owners a choice between cables supporting composite, “the de facto standard,” and component inputs, which are now available on the majority of new televisions. Those S-video lovers among you all will have to take a stand. Either way, it’ll set you back $19.99—for once, picking the deluxe option won’t cost more. Unlike the first version of the PSP, the revised PSP Slim is capable of outputting video signals to compatible televisions, letting users watch media on larger displays. The PSP Slim can output game video on televisions, too, but only through the component cable. (The system’s output is in a progressive-scan mode, which other cables don’t support.) Additionally, the PSP Slim is less bulky and lighter than the original and is more battery efficient.

Source: GameInformer (http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/920B4F8A-2BC3-4F52-B7CF-6BE9AB808070.htm)

I xfire I
October 3rd, 2007, 17:14
yet another stupid move from sony

steve520
October 3rd, 2007, 17:17
sony is dumb first not releasing chotto shot in the usa and now not releasing these wtf does sony thing we wont buy them or something.

Sonicboy 101
October 3rd, 2007, 17:19
Another "D'oh" action by Sony. :rolleyes:

ish420ism
October 3rd, 2007, 18:21
sony is dumb first not releasing chotto shot in the usa and now not releasing these wtf does sony thing we wont buy them or something.

Well I agree with WTF about the chotto not being released in the u.s., but it doesn't realy matter with the svideo cables, since you can't watch gameplay through the svideo psp cables on your tv