PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored

PSmonkey
October 3rd, 2007, 17:27
I'm bored. How about the rest of you?

Sad this site is nothing more then just spam now a days. :(

As for my progress, I still busy with work. Recently I got a spurt of free time atm since my gf is super busy with school and now has her own laptop, which means I now can hog the main pc at night. YAY!!

I've been doing a little coding on the side over the past few months. I've been building a nice little puzzle game that is sadly on hold since I lost two artist so far. :( Hopefuly I can find another because I would heavly like to see this game get published or atleast posted on PSN.

I've also on the side been trying to help a few coders out but I sadly have zero faith in it amounting to anything (I have low faith due to nothing amounting from my previous assistance twards people).

Well thats roughly it bar from a few things i'm keeping secret.

So whats everybody else doing (providing someone actualy still checks this site/forum).

Sonicboy 101
October 3rd, 2007, 17:32
Well, I'm always bored. :p
I'm in school most of my time studying for exams. Coursework turns out to be very boring (especially English)
Oh crap, I just remembered I got homework. Damn :D

Good luck on the puzzle game. Hopefully it'll reach PSN.

-Xandu-
October 3rd, 2007, 17:33
Same here, maybe it's bore season? :confused:

I've been busy with school and stuff, don't think I'll be able to code anything soon :(.

cal360
October 3rd, 2007, 17:35
Well if you've got nothing to do right now you could create yourself an avatar. By the way don't spammers get infractions anymore because if they don't that's probably why this site in your opinion is going down hill.

PSmonkey
October 3rd, 2007, 18:24
Well if you've got nothing to do right now you could create yourself an avatar. By the way don't spammers get infractions anymore because if they don't that's probably why this site in your opinion is going down hill.

They do but i'm just to lazy/bored to police them.
:rofl:

Gizmo356
October 3rd, 2007, 18:46
im bored just reading a book about C++ my pc broke and i want to buy syphon filter logans shadow

PSmonkey
October 4th, 2007, 18:22
To add to the spam.
I started playing "Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast" on the PSP. I'm suprisingly addicted to the game even tho the framerate is not stable (really hurts in a game like this) but I guess since i'm a fan of sega games and love the arcade version I just can't seem to get enough.

OH also I have FF7CC and I must say, this game is fantastic. The CG battle between genesis & sepheroth is mind blowing. I look forward to the english release when i'll give the game a second path (this time i'll be able to follow the story :p).

Sonicboy 101
October 4th, 2007, 18:24
I've completed FF7CC. It's awesome, a tad on the easy side but still an awesome game.

ICE
October 4th, 2007, 18:55
Im occupied with Phantom Houglass at the moment. Its a bit easier then the other titles but still fun :P

Shrygue
October 4th, 2007, 19:42
I'm playing Heavenly Sword on Playstation 3, having a hard time trying to beat this stupid big boss on it.

As for your project, I hope you comeplete it and it reaches PSN.

PSmonkey
October 4th, 2007, 22:30
I've completed FF7CC. It's awesome, a tad on the easy side but still an awesome game.

I'm stuck. I just met cloud and am outside a facility and the player wishes to keep doing exersize stuff if I press O. I dont want to spoil more of the game by checking an faq (i'll get too damn currious and check a head).

Sonicboy 101
October 4th, 2007, 22:44
Where you see people walking around, and Cloud and Tseng are standing at the top of a mountain (you just left them)?
All you have to do is sneak past the guards past the fence to the right and keep going. You'll find an entrance to an underground place.

PSmonkey
October 4th, 2007, 22:52
Where you see people walking around, and Cloud and Tseng are standing at the top of a mountain (you just left them)?
All you have to do is sneak past the guards past the fence to the right and keep going. You'll find an entrance to an underground place.

What is with the gards taking items when you're spotted?

Sonicboy 101
October 4th, 2007, 22:54
I don't know, I never understood it either :p
There are some items you can take, I think you have to take them before they're taken by the guards.

PSmonkey
October 5th, 2007, 18:30
Yay I got further.

Actualy I still kept getting cought (I got one item) but after they take all the other items, they just automaticaly leave and go down the tunnel. So I am free to go down as well.

Atm I got to the deserted town and fought a monster in a bath house (it kicked my ass, could not get to my heath fast enough).

PSmonkey
October 5th, 2007, 18:31
Oh yeah interesting note.
My GF was addicted to Outrun last night. She played for like 2 hours solid.

DPyro
October 5th, 2007, 23:36
Hmm, I'm currently playing Heavenly Sword an Warhawk :D

JKKDARK
October 6th, 2007, 00:04
I'm bored.
Get alcohol, friends and make a party.

Sad this site is nothing more then just spam now a days. :(
Can you explain us? Don't forget you can use the Report button if you see spam.

PSmonkey
October 6th, 2007, 04:44
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
I found a new awsome game. Mega Man X for PSP is wicked awsome. I skiped on this game since it seem it was so so when it came out (i'm not a huge fan of megaman but i do like x3, x4 & 8 alot). I desided to barrow works copy (work lets us loan out games. :D :D) and i'm totaly digging it. Sadly at the same time i'm not digging the mega man 1 demo found on the umd.

Can anybody state for a fact if the final mega man 1 remake is better then the bad demo found on mm x umd?

Can you explain us? Don't forget you can use the Report button if you see spam.

Or warn/ban the shits my self. I do have mod powers. :p

DPyro
October 6th, 2007, 05:02
I'm pretty sure that demo is no different from the actual game...

PSmonkey
October 9th, 2007, 02:27
I'm pretty sure that demo is no different from the actual game...

Boo urns!!

Well another game to throw on the table.
Field commander is quite fun and only $10-$20 depending where you look.

I just wish you had more free controll on the camera (i hate you can only rotate around a bit and as soon as you move the box the camera goes back to it's old rotation).

Safari Al
October 9th, 2007, 02:38
well actually i have had the same feeling of boredom around here. I'm usually a big psp poster and i haven't posted anything major at all in there. Mabye its because all the drama in the scene has died down. I just dont know, mabye its just me :(

PSmonkey
October 13th, 2007, 04:24
Hmmm.. I've been meaning to post some more here but field commander is just to damn engroucing (sp?). I do have a few beefs with the game tho. The maps on the whole have been down right small (i guess to make more portable friend), AI while sometimes good ends up doing stupid stuff or just simply one right move (eveno tho the AI has you beat) can result in an insanly easy win. Actualy that is another huge complaint. Once it's obvious you'll win, the game slowly drags on while you continue to hunt down every last little man. Something else the game does it to make it more difficult it gives the AI an unfair advantage of having thies massivly strong airplanes that take tanks out like nothing while you got a paperclip and a rubberband.

Even with my complaints the game is still awsome. I hope SOE (sony online entertainment) makes a sequal. Actualy SOE has been rather quite about their recent games (they did 3 PSP Games and few PC games then went silent).

ExcruciationX
October 13th, 2007, 11:06
I'm finding myself posting less and less. School is starting to get harder, and I do have a life you know.

PSmonkey
October 15th, 2007, 18:29
More Spam. Mmmm Yummy!!

Few tidbits to add.

I'm pretty much ready to give up on dead head fred. The camera sucks, the combat is just not fun (how can I beat the crap on a guy who only blocks once or twice yet he can some how attack while he is being hit). I have a rule not to sell/trade games anymore but I feel like keeping this game is a waste. :( BAH!!!!

Field Commander still rocks but is pissing me off atm. I have a mission where I need to get to a guy before he escapes and the game keeps giving me hints to run a missile truck to islands so I can attack the guy's boat from land.

The problem is, I AM DOING JUST THAT! Yet the game forces fog on the map so I can't see the ****ing boat when it tries to pass the narrow bridge before escaping. So I can't get to him in time. UGGG..... I'll not let this game mock me!! MUST KICK ITS ASS TONIGHT!!

Few other notes, I went back for some FF7CC today and am now at an insane battle against your old friend/comrad (people who played the game know what i mean by this). I look forward to this battle tonight (I had to pause right before it starts).

Another note, Castlevania X is out next week. I'm drooling at the mouth waiting for it's release. I am probably going to go pre-order the game this week just to make sure I can get my grubby hands on it pronto (plus see if I can get the cool pre-order bonus).

Well that be all for now. More spam tomorrow or tonight if I finish off some interesting code.

Safari Al
October 16th, 2007, 00:24
good luck with that man lol.

well i've been wasting my spare time using rpg maker. Its actually quite fun if you're bored :)

PSmonkey
October 16th, 2007, 01:55
*screams bloddy murder*

***k!

I got my ass kicked quickly (and i'm freaking level 17). What sucks is the last save point was way way way back at the start of the town. :|

Oh well, game has been to easy up till now anways.

In my spair time recently i've been starting to code a high field generator on the PSP. Sadly lets just say M64 runs faster then it (eeek) but I dont think a 128x128 32bit texture rendered across 128x128 spline controll points each with a sub division of 3 is what anybody would consider optimal. :p Must do some point sampling.

Shadowblind
October 16th, 2007, 02:02
This sounds pretty dumb, but I'm really satisfied with Yu-Gi-Oh GX Tag force 2 for PSP. Really a great game.

PSmonkey
October 16th, 2007, 02:30
This sounds pretty dumb, but I'm really satisfied with Yu-Gi-Oh GX Tag force 2 for PSP. Really a great game.

Good to hear. Sometimes licensed games can still be down right amazing.

Baboon
October 16th, 2007, 15:51
Hey if your that bored right now you could allways code a CPS3 emulator for the psp to kill the time. :)

DPyro
October 16th, 2007, 16:14
lol, Monkeys don't talk to baboons.

PSmonkey
October 16th, 2007, 18:23
Hey if your that bored right now you could allways code a CPS3 emulator for the psp to kill the time. :)

Could but I don't have much love for the SH2 processors (I do love dreamcast which is SH4 but i'm a mips fanboy).

Actualy at the moment I'm screwing around with height field generation. I wrote a simple app that reads the alpha chanel on a TGA and generates a bezeir spline patch ( 1 <3 PSP spline libs). I'll post some shots later tonight when I get home (was going to last night but I ran out of time).

Baboon
October 17th, 2007, 16:12
Could but I don't have much love for the SH2 processors (I do love dreamcast which is SH4 but i'm a mips fanboy).

Actualy at the moment I'm screwing around with height field generation. I wrote a simple app that reads the alpha chanel on a TGA and generates a bezeir spline patch ( 1 <3 PSP spline libs). I'll post some shots later tonight when I get home (was going to last night but I ran out of time).

Fair play to ya... I just thought a CPS3 emu would kill some time for you. lol

My next mission is to approach Acidmods to see if they can solder some sharks with frickin laser beams onto my PSP! :thumbup:

ExcruciationX
October 17th, 2007, 17:47
Or, you could code a good MAME emulator (although it's quite a large task).

PSmonkey
October 17th, 2007, 19:32
Yay, God of War Demo UMDs are now showing up to people. I just hope mine shows up and does not go MIA like all the other UMD demos shipped to me. :|

Yesterday work had a used parts sale. I got me a lovely Radeon 9800 XT for a mear $20. Woooott (Had a POS FX card before). I also picked up a 3.4Ghz P4 cpu but I can't use it. My MB is a socket 7 (?) and the P4 I got from work has no pins on the bottom. :/

Oh yeah, I lack tons of sleep atm (getting 5 hours a night, gf keeps me up till 3am to keep her company while she studies). Yesterday I crashed early so I forgot to find a PRX screenshot grabber. Anybody know of a good one to use? I want to show some shots of a simple height field generator i've been working on.

Baboon,
CPS3 would be fun but I more want to see a taito F-3 emulator going (but that would require too much time also).

Speaking of mods, I wish someone would create a rumble device already. :(

ExcruciationX,
Hahaha no. I really would not want to touch something like mame with a 10ft pole (too much work, zero satisfaction).

ExcruciationX
October 17th, 2007, 20:34
ExcruciationX,
Hahaha no. I really would not want to touch something like mame with a 10ft pole (too much work, zero satisfaction).
I was kind of joking. That's probably why you don't see one today.

Maybe you could work with StrmnNrmn on his N64 emulator (another half-joking, half-serious suggestion).

PSmonkey
October 17th, 2007, 20:54
I was kind of joking. That's probably why you don't see one today.

Maybe you could work with StrmnNrmn on his N64 emulator (another half-joking, half-serious suggestion).

StrmnNrmn has his stuff down packed. Only person StrmnNrmn needs is his self and free time. :)

PSmonkey
October 18th, 2007, 03:17
Dear Sega,

I miss you.

Signed,
PSMonkey

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/118329.html

Dear god was that an enjoyable 15 mins to waste. It's sad no other company tried to bring this style back to their system. I would love if sony open up the idea of games booting with a custom movie and studios have the same freedom that genesis games had back in the day.

:(

V3N0M
October 18th, 2007, 07:14
Hey what’s happening PSmonkey! Dude if you are really bored you could always help me with a few of my projects! :) I'm always running into trouble when it comes to coding for the PSP. Namely Halo Zero.. It’s by far the largest coding project I've ever attempted PC or PSP. I’m in the process of giving up on the LUA version and transferring it to C so yeah if you ever feel like helping a new coder out feel free! ;) I just hate asking for help because I don't want to be a pain..

Sonicboy 101
October 18th, 2007, 15:18
Dear Sega,

I miss you.

Signed,
PSMonkey

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/118329.html

Dear god was that an enjoyable 15 mins to waste. It's sad no other company tried to bring this style back to their system. I would love if sony open up the idea of games booting with a custom movie and studios have the same freedom that genesis games had back in the day.

Wow... that was wonderful.
Also I thought they missed out the Sonic CD one, but then bam! It came in. Sniff.

pibs
October 18th, 2007, 16:38
damn that video was great! brings back soo many memories.

PSmonkey
October 18th, 2007, 17:14
Hey what’s happening PSmonkey! Dude if you are really bored you could always help me with a few of my projects! :) I'm always running into trouble when it comes to coding for the PSP. Namely Halo Zero.. It’s by far the largest coding project I've ever attempted PC or PSP. I’m in the process of giving up on the LUA version and transferring it to C so yeah if you ever feel like helping a new coder out feel free! ;) I just hate asking for help because I don't want to be a pain..

Sure, Hit me up on msn or PM me. I would be glad to give you a hand with getting things going.

Kojote
October 19th, 2007, 00:13

C is a good decision!

PSmonkey
October 19th, 2007, 05:05
C is a good decision!

Wow Kojote, it's been a really long time since i've seen or talked to you (it's me subbie from the gbadev era).

Shadowblind
October 19th, 2007, 05:47
The God of War CoO Demo really is something else. I've played it through 14 times already, and still plan on playing it even more :)

Its like having the original God of War on PSP, which is more then awesome. Tag Force 2 will probably hold me till I can get Blacksite area 51.

PSmonkey
October 20th, 2007, 05:32
Well time for a little spam!!

Past few days I have been getitng back into killzone for PSP. I played works copy long ago when it first came out but I only played the first mission. A few weeks ago I found someone at work selling his copy for $20 so i said what the hell and nabed it. Sadly yet again I played 2-3 missions in the first chapter then put it in my desk. Well I desided to go back and play the game. So far i've just beaten chapter 2 and i'm quite enjoying the game. I also went a head and dl the patch for online multi as well as chapter 5 expansion. Over all I don't mind that the game is stort (getting tired of a game dragging on just so it can tout 20-40 hours of bordom vs 5 hours of ***king awsome).

Well anyways on to start chapter 3. :D

Additional note, a coworker gave me an old p4 3ghz cpu he did not need anymore. Yay now I just need more ram (pc mb says it supports DDR 266 ram but it still wont boot with the one i got from work. oh well).

Johnny Rash
October 20th, 2007, 06:22
I'm going to bored until tomorrow night when I go to my friend Tim's house.

Just watch them roll two kegs into his house. :D

Ah...parties! :thumbup:

DPyro
October 20th, 2007, 19:30
Great, now how about playing multiplayer vs. me :D

PSmonkey
October 20th, 2007, 22:04
Great, now how about playing multiplayer vs. me :D

You got killzone? If so i'm game :D

DPyro
October 20th, 2007, 22:29
Ya, bring it!

PSmonkey
October 23rd, 2007, 02:34
Yay, comment 50/post 51 (technicaly first post do not count as a comment, thus this is the 50th comment).

*pulls party popers*
Heh kind of funny it takes a while to hit 50 comments here. Probably sad to realise its shocking this topic even reached 50 comments.

Anyways on to life.

I dont know why but I feel really really sleepy right now. I feel I should code something but at the same time I just don't feel the energy to do so. :( I really should get back to work on my height field system i was doing for fun.

On to game topics. I am still so excited waiting for castlevania X which is shipping to stores tomorrow (I will probably get it wednesday/thursday). I today at lunch brushed up on some PSP classics like Daxter, Ridge Racers & wipeout. I had a meeting with a designer who wanted an overview of the PSP. I realised something tho, ridge racers still kicks ass to this day. I really wish namco would do a new ridge racer for psp. Ridge Racers is probably the best in the series. RR6 & RR7 just feel stale against other racers offered on consoles. Also I feel cheapen by ridge racers 2 on psp since it was nothing more then a cheap cash in (its ridge racers v1.25).

As for other games, i've beaten a little more on Killzone liberation. I think i'm on mission 3.4 now. That last mission was a bitch because the only way to win is to just flat out run for 2/3 of the map (AI keeps respawning if you just try to sit around and gun it out). So far thats about it for gaming. I should go back and do a little more time on field commander. I still really like that game.

OH!!! Game to watch out for, next week disgaea is out for PSP !!! I will probably pre order it since it might not be easy to come across in montreal due to quebec laws (uggg).

I guess thats enough spam for a post. Funny my rambling turns into long post when I only ment to write 3-5 lines. Does anybody actualy read my post tho?

Shadowblind
October 23rd, 2007, 03:13
I'm looking forward to the KH and GoW games for PSP. Knowing that genre of "strategy" hack and slash games (I looooooove the combos. God of War stole my heart :) ) Can you recommend me any games that have come out or are gonna come out for PSP with hack-and-slash combination attacks like God of War?

PSmonkey
October 25th, 2007, 18:41
God ***** mother ***** piece of ****ing **** cock **** ***** *** **** **** shoved in a **** **** a *** ***** ****** *** you **** *** *** ***** ******* ********!!!!!!

Note I just typed a bunch of random *. I didn't type a large cussing sentance first then censored. I'm sadly not that creative and if I was, I would probably creep out the forums.

Anyways quebec sucks for gamers. Still waiting on castlevania X to show up. Stupid EB yesterday said it will probably be today. Today EB said next week because their formula of release date + 3-4 days (because we're in quebec) + getting over the weekend = game is out next week. Personaly none of that makes any bit of sense to me. I do understand it's taking longer for the game to show up here but their formula is broken since a few Ps3 games out this week are now avalible in quebec. It's probably more a shipping issue or the guy just pulled something out of his ass and it will be in later tonight/tomorrow. Either way I am getting anoyed by having to wait. I'm paying $10 over price and i'm waiting longer. **** this is like being a nintendo fan getting wallet raped by buying shit off the Virtual console.

Sony better make me happy and give me some ps1 games for the PSN today. Europe is getting Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3 today. I better get something for the USA also.

I'm looking forward to the KH and GoW games for PSP. Knowing that genre of "strategy" hack and slash games (I looooooove the combos. God of War stole my heart :) ) Can you recommend me any games that have come out or are gonna come out for PSP with hack-and-slash combination attacks like God of War?

Erm... Castlevania X maybe?

It just came out this week.

PSmonkey
October 26th, 2007, 03:03
Grrr, I give up for the week on castlevania. I hope my excitement is still high next week and disgaea is late (disgaea is next week). Oh well I got Jean D'arc finaly today. That should keep me happy for the week.

Also damn sony! No Crash 2 & 3 for europe. Tho finaly they gave us Spyro 1 for psn. BTW, where is Castlevania Cronicles Ps1. Its been given an ESRB rating long long long ago.

DPyro
October 26th, 2007, 03:43
Hmm, well I've been hearing about the Eye of Judgement game with the PlayStation Eye but not sure if I should pick it up.

Shadowblind
October 26th, 2007, 04:23
I've been looking at Eye of Judgement. It looks like each card, when used will give you a 3D (a nice 3D) model. If this is true, then they really oughta make a Yu-Gi-Oh Card video juego with every card having a 3D model. Probably would be far too much of a pain in the *** though, but it would be insanely awesome. That would be about as good as a card-based video game could get.

PSmonkey
October 26th, 2007, 19:53
I want Eye of Judgement but its just too much of a mess to setup and play. Plus I usualy only get to play in spirts. So i don't think it would work out for me.

Sonicboy 101
October 26th, 2007, 20:28
Wow, It seems all those English patch rumors for Crisis Core were true after all, I've seen one that's been released.
I don't know if it patched the dialogue or not, but It definitely patches the main menu as I've seen a screen shot. I'm gonna have to try it out soon.
Just thought I'd tell you about it since I'm bored. :D

DPyro
October 27th, 2007, 16:56
Ugh, now people are saying I should get Oblivion GOTY Edition....What to do.

Shadowblind
October 27th, 2007, 17:53
If you have Oblivion already, i wouldn't bother. I doubt its worth spending $60 more for a game you've already played.

but if you DONT have Oblivion yet, yeah, you should at least check it out :D

PSmonkey
October 27th, 2007, 21:36
sonicboy,
cool but i'd be more interested if it started translating the subtitles. :P

sniper,
meh avoid oblivion. Sure it's a long and drawn out game. For me it was a little boring and second it's over use of normal maps gave me a head spliting headake. I just wanted to smash my head against the wall to make it go away.

Meh not sure why dark games with heavy use of normal maps give me such horible headakes. :S maybe this is why i love psp games so much. No normal maps.

PSmonkey
October 30th, 2007, 18:17
Woot

Castlevania is now showing up to Bestbuy stores near me (about 5min by car). EB said tomorrow but I called at 11am so there is still a chance they got theirs in today.

Onto coding notes,
Bah file parsers are not fun. Also my visual studios crashed twice last night and I lost what I wrote twice. Grrr going to go for a third try tonight.

Shrygue
October 30th, 2007, 19:00
Myabe try saving your coding work more often? That way, at least you wouldn't lose too much work and make more progress.

DPyro
October 30th, 2007, 21:43
LoL, Ctrl+S Ctrl+S Ctrl+S :p

PSmonkey
October 31st, 2007, 19:37
FINALY !!!

I now have castlevania. All canadian gamers better get off their ass now and buy this fantastic game.

I also went a head and threw $10 for silent hill. Its due out next week but knowing konami, it will be in 2 weeks. Oh well I got Jeanne D'Arc & Castlevania for the next two weeks anyways.

Oh also I got the 8bit figure ebgames offered online. It's not often canada gets preorder bonuses as well (atleast for me).

Accordion
October 31st, 2007, 22:21
do you have to put money on preorders?
In the uk all I have to do is give name and phone number.

Shadowblind
October 31st, 2007, 22:42
In US ya hafta put money into preorders, too. The only preorder I've done that was really neccesary was for Bioshock :D

Best 15 down I've ever placed :p

PSmonkey
November 3rd, 2007, 00:22
Mmmmm. Castlevania has been fantastic.

Ok time to admit a very very sad thing. :(

I ran out and bought manhunt 2 for psp the same day I heard about the hack. It end up also being the same day I purchased castlevania (i ran back after work, had castlevania at lunch).

acn010
November 3rd, 2007, 09:52
In US ya hafta put money into preorders, too. The only preorder I've done that was really neccesary was for Bioshock :D

Best 15 down I've ever placed :p

i like to preorder stuff..... that is how i got my psp and my ps2 and my ps3 XD oh and halo 2 also:thumbup:

PSmonkey
November 8th, 2007, 20:42
Somedays you're just in the zone.

Man last night has got to be one of the best coding sessions i've had in a long time (refering to non work related). I was writing a small digital get well demo for PSPDeamon (he got sick recently). I end up sticking to the code till 3am (totaly did not want to go to bed) and got a lot done. So far I wrote (from scrach) a SystemPSP class that is a small and basic c++ system manager. With this I can easly do a quick demo in mear hours.

Onto the demo, Umm it's a secret untill it's finished. If anybody wishes to contribute, make a 480x272 image that has some bleach theme to it expressing that PSPdeamon get's well soon (fee free to put your name in the image). I'll throw them all together when i'm done and sent it over to PSPdeamon.

Now onto gaming.

Grr, no silent hill this week (damn konami). I'm kind of on the look out for disgaea too but EB is totaly clueless if they will even get it (they though they would but now said they're not even sure at all). Still going to go take a look today ( I called yesterday night ). I was recently temped to get simpsons game PSP but freaking EA jacked the price $10 to $40. Meh, i'll just have a friend from EB grab it for me insted.

Sonicboy 101
November 8th, 2007, 20:55
I'm playing Silent Hill now. It's awesome, best one I've played to be honest. It's got loads of new stuff in, but I'm not gonna spoil anything. ;)
It was worth the wait.

PSmonkey
November 12th, 2007, 04:38
God I feel like a math tard atm. I was working on a small get well gift for PSPdeamon but I can't solve a simple math issue. Mostly I have a 2D norm vector for a direction to slice from and if the ray starts from the center of a image. I need to find out the x,y location where the ray would colide with the box. I don't get why this gives me such trouble since i can rule out that if the vector x is less then 0.5 then its a vertical slash. I have a simple formula but it seems all over the place and only sometimes accurate. I know i could just go the line intersect route but god there has to be a supidly simple method to find out where it would colide (i need that info to create the verticies).

oh well, i should probably write a dos app to test the math so i could debug it but i'm a little lazy.

oh on the side i'm writing a small demo to experiment with stencil buffers. I wanted to do portals lite but the math is too much for me to figure out in my little spare time. I have another idea which sounds awsome on first though but now i'm not so sure if it would actualy work out to be fun and not just a visual tech demo. :/

So how is my gaming life? Going well so far. Still waiting on silent hill which should be avalible this week. I played some more castlevania and found more stuff (the 2nd maiden, more songs). I even beat dracula today to only find out I now have to find and beat ghost shaft to get the real ending. GRRRRR (where the hell is the bastard). From that I did a little starting up on disgaea. I did the first three tutorial missions. I really want to hold off on this game till xmas so I think I will throw it into my desk at work and bring home some games I have not finished (like killzone & field commander).

P.S., I'm gonna keep posting in this topic till it hits 100 then move onto a clean topic.
------------------------------------------------

Lua game of the year LGOTY !!!!

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79061

Download it or I curse your psp!! This is probably the first and only lua game you will find me praising. I use to love pegs on my Ti83. This clone is awsome.

PSmonkey
November 17th, 2007, 18:23
Hello
*echoing hello*

No opinions on last post? :(

Oh well.

Also i'm boycotting konami. Silent hill is 2 weeks late for canada. Boooooooo

Accordion
November 17th, 2007, 19:16
Hello
*echoing hello*

No opinions on last post? :(

Oh well.

Also i'm boycotting konami. Silent hill is 2 weeks late for canada. Boooooooo

only until Metal Gear Solid 4 i hope.

Shadowblind
November 17th, 2007, 22:58
Smeh konami. They still haven't made another Sparkster or Rocket Knight game.

PSmonkey
November 22nd, 2007, 20:46
Silent hill is now just finaly showing up in canada but EB did not get it's shipment so they wont have it in till probably tomorrow (a few local bestbuy started getting it today). Uggg........

Anyways I've been working on my small engine for fun. Whole purpose in the end is that I can throw together small demo ideas with out needing to rewrite the basics or hack up kohkae (which is an old mess). I started my own 2D texture format for it. Thinking to write my own 3D format as well.

I've spent some time recently thinking about a game idea i had recently but felt there was no way to make it go anywhere. I think i'm starting to get an idea on what to do. I'll still have to see if I can make something of it.

Well thats al the spam for now.

Sonicboy 101
November 22nd, 2007, 20:49
You still haven't got Silent Hill yet? That sucks. It's gonna be worth the wait though (even if a little late :p)
By the way have you tried Picodrive yet? I have to say it's great, Sonic CD on PSP is finally true. :)

Shadowblind
November 22nd, 2007, 20:51
Mass Effect...is......awesome....too...bright....

Wally
November 23rd, 2007, 03:41
You still haven't got Silent Hill yet? That sucks. It's gonna be worth the wait though (even if a little late :p)
By the way have you tried Picodrive yet? I have to say it's great, Sonic CD on PSP is finally true. :)

I think he has LOL, he sent me a message on MSN about it. :P

as for game ideas.. what about boggle or something?

acn010
November 23rd, 2007, 03:49
how about a 2d game with 3d graphics effect and 2 surround sound 2d scrolling action game

The King
November 23rd, 2007, 04:42
im playing disgaea its quit fun oddly for my likings but its good

PSmonkey
November 23rd, 2007, 06:11
Yep still no silent hill. Hopefuly tomorrow (EB said they wont know till it shows since it keeps not showing up but local BestBuy has it in stock now).

I did try picodrive but not sonic cd yet. Will get to it soon enough.

As for game ideas. :P I'm not wanting to gloat but i'm pretty freaking creative and already have gameplay ideas for many projects. So i'm not short on ideas to do, it's just fleshing out the ideas to be more then a simple tech demo.

im playing disgaea its quit fun oddly for my likings but its good

I have disgaea as well but it's in the drawer waiting for xmas break before I get into it. :P

PSmonkey
November 25th, 2007, 02:24
FINALY!!

I got Silent Hill but truthfuly I don't care atm. What I do care about is I just got some EA games from a friend for xmas gift. I got Simpsons PSP & Medal of Honor Heroes 2 PSP. MOH:H2 is freaking fantastic. Sure it's a little slower pace then the last and the maps are linear, but in doing that the made the game so much better then the first one which was full of so many issues (freaking bots spawning right behind me when i already killed everybody in that spot). Sadly only issue is the game is a little on the short side and I exspected higher difficulty in the later levels (ealier ones were harder) but this might be from me playing on easy atm. Going to repeate the game in normal difficulty again.

The King
November 25th, 2007, 02:34
yo if your up for a challange tell me i would be happy to play infracture with you on MOH just hit me up

PSmonkey
December 3rd, 2007, 04:11
Well it's been a while so lets spam. :)

I've almost beat Medal of Honor Heroes 2 on easy (hehe, i wanted to get use to the game but I got too addicted to restart on normal, ill do it over xmas) but am stuck at the end. Supid BS 4 mins to escape timer crap.

I end up starting simpsons PSP tonight but I feel bored playing it. The humor is not so bad (I like simpsons) but the gameplay feels boring. So far I had more fun on family guy psp then this. I'll give it some more time tho (beat 3 levels so far).

I'm almost done with orcs and elves for DS. Flat out fantastic game and I can't wait till they release more stuff on the DS. If you got a ds, go buy this game!!

Thats about it for games atm. I sadly have not put any time into SF online. I also have not done much coding recently since I feel burnt out from work and trying to enjoy time with my GF before she leaves.

Next week is Minna no Golf Portable 2 (hot shots golf 2 psp) and a wicked 2D PSP Game (forgot it's japanese name). I'm heavly looking forward to both of them. Jeeze I am going to be busy over xmas.

DPyro
December 3rd, 2007, 15:24
Haha, thats why your never online. Too busy playing all those damn PSP games :p

Shadowblind
December 3rd, 2007, 17:15
I went out and rented God of War II and Tales of Symphonia.

They
Freakin'
ROCK!

God of war II is an absolute must if you have a PS2. Tales of Symphonia is fun too, but not much compares to God of War, hold Bioshock and Mass Effect.

PSmonkey
December 3rd, 2007, 18:15
Haha, thats why your never online. Too busy playing all those damn PSP games :p

Actualy it's two things
1. Burnt out by work
2. Pc at home is ***ked up.

I'm not on msn since msn was not working for me up untill recently. It would crash as soon as I logged in. It does not seem to do that anymore but I still have pc problems like missing DVD Drives (hw is found but windows cant get the drivers working nor finds them after I uninstalled the devices). This all came about after I uninstalled my virus scanner since I though it was choking my PC. After doing so some stupid spyware it was blocking started attacking my system (another tool finds the crap the spyware is trying to install but it cant find the root problem). So went to reinstall my virus software and on reboot, my DVD drives were missing and I could not finish the installation. Luckly I got a 2GB memory stick and my gf laptop that I can copy the win xp cd to but i've just been too tired recently to actualy do it.

On another note, Crap I got lots of snow last night (it's still snowing now). I feel sore and tired all because of my 10 min walk into work. Uggg

DPyro
December 3rd, 2007, 22:30
Ya, I got to stay home from college :D

PSmonkey
December 9th, 2007, 04:54
:( Well my gf left to go see her family on friday morning. Quite sucks but on the plus side I got tons of free time to get as many projects I want done. So there are 4 projects I will be taking up. They are...

1. The N64DD - Yep the beast is back out of the box (was packed up since it was getting dusty and I did not have the time to really mess with it). It looks lovely under my tv. :)

2. Puzzle Game - There was a puzzle game I did for my gf as a gift a while back. I've ran into trouble getting an artist but a local friend (who also works in the industry) might have free time to help me redo the puzzle game with high quality art.

3. Milon PSP - MAYBE. I am a massive fan of do-re-mi fantasy: Milon's Quest. It was an awsome 2D platformer on the SNES. At one time I actualy owned a mint brand new copy of the game (box and all). It sadly is a little rare since it was released only in japan. I should have never sold it (i'm stupid sometimes). Anyways the idea is I have old art from long ago since I was going to do a port to the GBA with a friend. I made a nice little sample build. Now i'm going to try doing it on the PSP but throw in extra touches like rendering layers out of focus and particles out of focus to make it look a little more polished.

4. Mystery Game - Not really a whole lot I can say since I am still in the planning stages with a 3D artist. I will have to see if it amounts to something.

Of the 4, the most important one for me is N64DD so I will really try to pour as much time into it as I can. The second is the mystery game or the puzzle game (i want to see it on PSN one day in the future). Lastly is milon remake if I got free time.

PSmonkey
December 10th, 2007, 17:23
Yay, few days in and I am ready to crack. I want my gf back. :( Going to be a long month.

Anyways I spent a little time on sunday screwing around with the N64DD. I have yet to get the V64jr back up in running but i'm in no rush. I need to brush up on mips asm again and start writing a debug app to let me test and screw around with the DD registers. As well as be able to issue states (reset, mem test, PI setup, ...).

Oh well let the fun of n64 coding begin.

P.S., Beowulf PSP sucks. It visualy looks nice but is super shallow. I'm not suprised since the credits has a massive list of coders (it was probably done in a less then 6 months time frame).

PSmonkey
December 12th, 2007, 17:40
Uggg.... Need sleeeeeeeeeeppppppp....

I was up till 3am mucking about with my v64jr. The stupid memory plugs dont work well so unless the memory stick is held down, I get a bad flash. I finaly found a way that is making it work for now (involving paper and some tape) and this fix came about aroud 2am then I progressed on to do some hacking about with mips asm. So I racked my brain for an hour to study a asm sample by haley's comet since it works and does not require some massive sdk to use/compile but sadly the rom is not emu compliant (only hw, grrr). Either way I got into having it write and read the DD registers but oddly it craps out on me. This is strange since I did it before with good results. I am going to have to look into it further (a boot of a modified ipl works fine and finds the DD hw).

Anyway thats all for now
*chugs coffee*
ZZzzzzZZZzzzz (only got 20min left of lunch break at work to nap).

PSmonkey
December 16th, 2007, 03:37
N64DD is a tricky bitch.

I've done more hacking on the system and have teamed up with another person who should help me hack the system faster.

----

Do anybody here have the solid eye from metal gear acid 2? I'm currious to write a simple document on it for how to make homebrew that would work with it. I think the device is kind of cool (but cheap, i though it was a little better then what it is).

Accordion
December 16th, 2007, 22:10
N64DD is a tricky bitch.

I've done more hacking on the system and have teamed up with another person who should help me hack the system faster.

----

Do anybody here have the solid eye from metal gear acid 2? I'm currious to write a simple document on it for how to make homebrew that would work with it. I think the device is kind of cool (but cheap, i though it was a little better then what it is).

I have the solid eye, its very simple but works really well. Though the proximity to the screen coupled with low resolution [relative] starts to be painful after a while.

PSmonkey
December 17th, 2007, 18:19
I have the solid eye, its very simple but works really well. Though the proximity to the screen coupled with low resolution [relative] starts to be painful after a while.

But in the hands of something low res like say GB/GBC/NGP it could be fun. :)

PSmonkey
December 21st, 2007, 18:40
Yay post 95. Been a while since i've updated.

Anyways i've been mucking with 64DD some more. I made some massive progress last night but not too much. I'm still stuck early on for getting it to progress. I can't really devulge more then that for the time being. If I get lucky, I might have a massive suprize for after post 100 (I stated once this topic goes over 100 my next post would be a new topic).

One cool thing I did get yesterday is that I now can manualy set the RTC on my n64DD externaly and by externaly I mean an app thats not the IPL. I botched my time to 0 (I figured out the DD command to do it). Now I just got to figure out how to read the RTC (I know which cmd it is, i just dont know where the return is stored.

anyways thats all for now.

Shadowblind
December 21st, 2007, 18:47
P.S., Beowulf PSP sucks. It visualy looks nice but is super shallow. I'm not suprised since the credits has a massive list of coders (it was probably done in a less then 6 months time frame).

Beowulf = See miniview in signiture ;) I don't really have good wording for half the stuff ( I'm not "coding" literate) so it may sound a little off...

XioN980
December 23rd, 2007, 03:05
It has become clear what we must do, after reading through the comments i have come to the conclusion:

We must learn the language of the boredom, earn its trust, then breed with its women, in time, our differences shall be forgotten

Also, we require the acquisition of a scary tunnel.

That is all

PSmonkey
December 24th, 2007, 18:35
Nice joke Xion,

Anywasy 1 more day till x-mas (sadly i'm home all alone). Anyways no suprizes still, I'm stuck and trying to find a way around but hopefuly my partner in crime might have found the answer (parter in crime is another guy who I am working with to get this thing hacked). Sucess will be when I finaly get far enough to have the IPL running with RTC (me hopes). From there I can progress to trying to get games to boot. I'm refering to n64DD by the way.

Other then that i'm playing psp games, talking to my gf on the phone and working on my simple engine (simple because it's efficent and I can build stuff with in mear hours vs days).

Well back to work for me.

PSmonkey
December 25th, 2007, 20:36
Merry christmas everbody (if anybody still reads here, *sniff* :( )

Anyways I was hoping to have something big to show off today but I am still stuck. Hopefuly I will get past it soon this week and get it posted here.

Untill then I hope you all had a mery christmas.

PSmonkey
January 1st, 2008, 20:47
!!Happy new year!! (101 post, 100 reply)

Sadly no updates on my work so far. Grr. I've had to postpone my work while I clean up my apt in full in prep for my gf's return this friday. If I hopefuly have some free time i'm going to try back on it.

Oh for something interesting. I'm getting an iQue Player!! It was a system released in china based on the Nintendo64. The device is legit and actualy created in partnership with nintendo. You can find more info about the device in the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQue_Player

-- edit --
Another note, I'm also getting a JXD 301. Could we posibly be seeing a JXDmonkey in the future? We will have to wait and see.

Malksta
January 1st, 2008, 21:25
!!Happy new year!! (101 post, 100 reply)

Sadly no updates on my work so far. Grr. I've had to postpone my work while I clean up my apt in full in prep for my gf's return this friday. If I hopefuly have some free time i'm going to try back on it.

Oh for something interesting. I'm getting an iQue Player!! It was a system released in china based on the Nintendo64. The device is legit and actualy created in partnership with nintendo. You can find more info about the device in the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQue_Player

-- edit --
Another note, I'm also getting a JXD 301. Could we posibly be seeing a JXDmonkey in the future? We will have to wait and see.

That's enough for make me buy the system alone.

PSmonkey
January 1st, 2008, 22:25
That's enough for make me buy the system alone.

Yeah, I just got to get aproval from work but most likely I can get away with it since it has no comercial berring on work or devices work supports.

:)

First planned project is NeoPop yet again (this thing should hopefuly do full speed).

Malksta
January 2nd, 2008, 20:10
Yay, I'mma start searching prices :D

yaustar
January 3rd, 2008, 00:41
UK Retailer, maybe a little pricey: http://www.gbax.com/jxd.html

Malksta
January 3rd, 2008, 01:21
UK Retailer, maybe a little pricey: http://www.gbax.com/jxd.html

Whoa, I wasn't expecting it to be so cheap, I'll be ordering one soon hopefully =)

PSmonkey
January 3rd, 2008, 02:01
Whoa, I wasn't expecting it to be so cheap, I'll be ordering one soon hopefully =)

So far my gf is very impressed (she picked me up one in china) with it but FYI, you might want to hold off a little bit first since it's not hacked yet for custom code. It is posible and two guys from the gp32 scene have goten some basic code running, they still have not gotten the display fully working nor a loader (they are uploading the code though a debug jtag port).

Just small fyi.

I do recomend seeing the youtube video review of it tho.

yaustar
January 4th, 2008, 16:36
I think it was Relyh (sp?) who was very interested in it. I can't remember who the other programmer was.

PSmonkey
January 4th, 2008, 18:18
I think it was Relyh (sp?) who was very interested in it. I can't remember who the other programmer was.

mithris
rlyeh

http://bfdev.wikidot.com/links

Shadowblind
January 14th, 2008, 02:29
...im bored. How about you?

If you are, go pick up a PS2 and TotA. Its a king in the RPG genre. At least, i think so.

Ω