PDA

View Full Version : POI help

Solscud007
October 3rd, 2007, 18:43
Ok I live in Pittsburgh PA but I have tried it for my home town in Los Angeles.

I dled botht he 650mb zip file and updated the latest Geodata for the area and when i try to look up POI it just gives me "None" what am I doing wrong? I cant even look up an address.

Solscud007
October 3rd, 2007, 22:30
ok i sort of figured out the POI thing. I can look up stuff like banks and what not but it still doesnt show up on my map. if i "look up POI" then I can select a bank, for example, and if i select that bank it will go to that bank. however it only hovers the cross hairs over the location. there isnt a waypoint icon or anything marking the location other than the movable crosshairs.

am I missing something?

Nieko
October 4th, 2007, 08:32
Did you copy the icons directory to MapThis/system? And is the image your POI file wants to use there as well? If no image is specified, you should at least have attraction.png.

Solscud007
October 4th, 2007, 13:04
Did you copy the icons directory to MapThis/system? And is the image your POI file wants to use there as well? If no image is specified, you should at least have attraction.png.

I did just now but there were already icons in the system folder. Still nothing.

I hit Start and then go to "look up POI" then I choose the poi I have on the list. I hit 'x' nothing happens except the menu goes away. if I hit "O" instead it will bring me to a look up menu where I can type what Im looking for. or I can hit start or select to skip that and then get a list. I choose what I want and either hit 'x' or 'O' and still nohing at least when i move the cursor around and then look up a POI it finds me the nearest one on the list. but it doesnt display anything on the map.

Nieko
October 4th, 2007, 14:02
Are you running an old version of MapThis? If so, you can try MapThis 0.501. Or you can try placing the attraction.png file in your map folder (where the GPSFS files are).

In the POI file then place the following line at the top:
!IMAGE:attraction.png,