PDA

View Full Version : Mupen64 for the Gamecube/Wii News - Nintendo 64 Emulator

wraggster
October 3rd, 2007, 20:29
Tehpola (http://code.google.com/p/mupen64gc/wiki/Screenshots) has posted a new screenshot of Mario 64 working on the port of Mupen to the Gamecube and Wii.

If its correct then the FPS looks awesome :)

Screen Via Comments

Sabres
October 3rd, 2007, 22:26
Very solid progress thus far. I think the previous build of the emu was running Mario 64 at a maximum of 12 frames per second.

So, to get up to 32 fps, that's just over halfway to 60 fps, the speed at which N64 games naturally ran at.

JKKDARK
October 3rd, 2007, 22:50
Nice, glad to know it's being ported! :)

turnerl
October 4th, 2007, 01:17
Looks FANTASTIC!!!!

xg917
October 4th, 2007, 02:18
Very solid progress thus far. I think the previous build of the emu was running Mario 64 at a maximum of 12 frames per second.

So, to get up to 32 fps, that's just over halfway to 60 fps, the speed at which N64 games naturally ran at.

mario 64 runs 30 frames though so its already full speed. certain games like super smash bros run at 60, and zelda mm and oot both run at 20 for full speed. just to let you know :cool:

Sabres
October 4th, 2007, 02:32
mario 64 runs 30 frames though so its already full speed. certain games like super smash bros run at 60, and zelda mm and oot both run at 20 for full speed. just to let you know :cool:

I dunno, pretty much every game that i've ever tried on project 64 reads at a fps of 60, so unless that's off then it seems they all run at 60.

Tyr
October 4th, 2007, 10:14
I really hope the next version will be wii friendly , hence just be able to run it straight from dvd-r since people using the SD card way are really a very small minority.

turnerl
October 4th, 2007, 10:20
I really hope the next version will be wii friendly , hence just be able to run it straight from dvd-r since people using the SD card way are really a very small minority.

Are you serious? sdcard users only thats useless then. I thought I could load directly from dvd using my qoob pro moded gamecube. Or even load the dol file onto the qoob pro (depending on size).

Oh Well.

Man
October 4th, 2007, 11:24
I think this is supposed to be for the wii, because gamecube homebrew is probably mostly played on the wii.

gary_abernethy2
October 4th, 2007, 16:56
Hey I use an SD card, whats wrong with that? You guys can use both, why not leave in an SD option for us softmoders? :(

zubiac
October 4th, 2007, 18:40
^^^^
yeah wise words.
softmod via SD load is PERFECT for testing emulators. No need to burn several Dvds to hell.

Also it's simply NOT true that only a few people use SD load etc. They are many.

turnerl
October 4th, 2007, 23:57
its for gamecube and can also run on wii.

optional sd card readers for gamecube were released in japan (what about the rest of the world?)

why cant it just run from the dvd???? every cube/wii has a dvd...

Tyr
October 6th, 2007, 10:20
^^^^
yeah wise words.
softmod via SD load is PERFECT for testing emulators. No need to burn several Dvds to hell.

Also it's simply NOT true that only a few people use SD load etc. They are many.

Well Wii runs dvd-rw perfectly fine so theres no need to waste normal dvd-rs on homebrew on wii and having wii/dvd support would make the emu available for a whole lot of more people than the SD crowd. I'm no coder but just making a small option to load this off dvd can't be that time consuming and hard?.

Anyways i'm really looking forward to the progress of this and hope to get to enjoy it on wii in the future without the need of a SD card:P

bigjohn8411
October 6th, 2007, 15:45
wii runs dvd-rw fine? without modding?