PDA

View Full Version : Kane & Lynch 2 already in production

Shrygue
October 4th, 2007, 18:26
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173119)

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men isn't even out the Eidos front door yet but the company has revealed a sequel is already in production.

It sees major potential in the series too, MCV reporting that Eidos is pumping more cash into marketing the game than it's ever done with any game in the Tomb Raider series.

Jane Cavanagh, CEO of Eidos parent company SCi, said SCi believes Kane & Lynch has the potential to be a franchise for adults that is respected and loved in the same way as Hitman.

"We've already got Kane & Lynch 2 in production, which just goes to show the belief we have in it as a long-term franchise", Cavanagh added.

Developed by Hitman studio IO Interactive, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is out on November 23 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Sonny_Jim
October 4th, 2007, 18:34
Welcome to the world of production line creativity:

1. Make Game
2. Release sequel with minor addons
3. Profit.

EA have been doing this for years. Personally I'd much prefer to have a larger variety of games styles rather than new Football game 2008. It's the same in the movie industry. Everyone is too scared to break the mold, so you end up with the same game/film but with prettier graphics.

*sigh*

DarthPaul
October 4th, 2007, 21:26
Sonny_Jim, sports games are not the same as an adventure or rpg or shooter, etc.. Those games don't need a story-line, just a "mold" and they add new features, moves, players, and update every team with each new player. If you're not a fan of Sports, that's another tale. Personally I like them, and I know that many more people too... they're always in the top of sales.

But on topic:

This game looks cool, I'm not planning to buy it though. But if they're doing a sequel already it could mean that the game will be a success or at least that's what they think. :p

Sonny_Jim
October 5th, 2007, 00:20
Well, it wasn't a rant at sports games persay, it's sequels of any kind that annoy me, be it an RPG (Final Fantasy?) or a film (Die hard 4?).

I just wish life was a little more interesting than having to spruce up old ideas all the time.