PDA

View Full Version : New Universal Unbricker v3 - Slim Screen Support

SpooForBrains
October 4th, 2007, 20:26
Dark_alex (http://www.dark-alex.org/) has released v.3 of his El Despertar del Cementerio, the universal PSP unbricker. This release adds support for the PSP Slim's screen, so slim users no longer have to go through the process blind. It also now installs 3.71M33-2.

The PSP slim screen support has apparently been added thanks to a display driver coded by Dark_Alex.

The installation instructions are unchanged from the previous version, and are laid out in the readme.txt.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

mikebeaver
October 4th, 2007, 20:44
Sweet as a nut mate, I shall be adding this to my MS straight away, was a pain in the back side fixing mine the other week when this first came out, didnt know if it was working or not.

Thanks for the news,

Mike..

Shrygue
October 4th, 2007, 20:52
Goody, I'll grab this now in preperation for getting myself the new PSP slimline console when I have saved up for one.

acn010
October 4th, 2007, 21:04
interesting... ill take a look XD
thanks

DarthPaul
October 4th, 2007, 21:13
Now installs 3.71 M33-2! Yay

IM back!
October 4th, 2007, 21:40
this is good for psp Linux

ugly dude
October 4th, 2007, 21:43
I was wondering, can you install this straight to a 3.60 or 3.71 Slim PSP, or you do need to install other Custom Firmware first?

Nikolaos
October 4th, 2007, 22:48
I was wondering, can you install this straight to a 3.60 or 3.71 Slim PSP, or you do need to install other Custom Firmware first?

It will work on any firmware out to date, and any PSP :) Hope this helps.

SpooForBrains
October 4th, 2007, 22:58

It's a tool to create a magic memory stick to use with a pandora's battery. You use it in conjunction with this unbricking/downgrading tool (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/unbricker-for-all-firmwares.html). For a primer read this guide (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=526700#post526700).

jvabbdac
October 4th, 2007, 23:16
It's a tool to create a magic memory stick to use with a pandora's battery. You use it in conjunction with this unbricking/downgrading tool (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/unbricker-for-all-firmwares.html). For a primer read this guide (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=526700#post526700).

Great...i read your guide, but i can't understand the difference between Pandora and Despertar ! Can you take a litle patience and explain to me !? I'm a noob !

SpooForBrains
October 4th, 2007, 23:48
Great...i read your guide, but i can't understand the difference between Pandora and Despertar ! Can you take a litle patience and explain to me !? I'm a noob !

There are a few steps to getting a working pandora solution.

1. Move the partition on the memory stick to make room for the IPL image. This is what mspformat.exe is used for.
2. Create a nand image to write to the memory stick, along with firmware files.
3. Write the image to the memory stick. This is what msipl.exe is used forl.
4. Set the battery's serial number to 0xFFFFFFFF so that it acts as a jigkick battery.

Download the original pandora installer (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/unbricker-for-all-firmwares.html). This will give you the tools to format the memory stick, write the image and create the battery. IE. steps 1, 3, and 4.

However, to CREATE the image (step 2), use this release. This release just creates a different, somewhat improved image, that you then write to the memory stick using the tools in the original installer package.

Does that make sense?

Nikolaos
October 5th, 2007, 00:24
mine is not working.

smokepsp32
October 5th, 2007, 00:43
nice....

jinqui242
October 5th, 2007, 00:49
So this means we can discard the 3.71 unbricker released a week ago?

jvabbdac
October 5th, 2007, 01:05
There are a few steps to getting a working pandora solution.

1. Move the partition on the memory stick to make room for the IPL image. This is what mspformat.exe is used for.
2. Create a nand image to write to the memory stick, along with firmware files.
3. Write the image to the memory stick. This is what msipl.exe is used forl.
4. Set the battery's serial number to 0xFFFFFFFF so that it acts as a jigkick battery.

Download the original pandora installer (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/unbricker-for-all-firmwares.html). This will give you the tools to format the memory stick, write the image and create the battery. IE. steps 1, 3, and 4.

However, to CREATE the image (step 2), use this release. This release just creates a different, somewhat improved image, that you then write to the memory stick using the tools in the original installer package.

Does that make sense?

No...sorry...i'm sux... : ) I just wan't know, the diference about Pandora and Despertar !

ab88
October 5th, 2007, 02:01
No...sorry...i'm sux... : ) I just wan't know, the diference about Pandora and Despertar !

Despertar is newer has all the functions of the other +more. It's basically just an updated version with support for both PSP and PSP S&L.

jvabbdac
October 5th, 2007, 03:40
Despertar is newer has all the functions of the other +more. It's basically just an updated version with support for both PSP and PSP S&L.

Thanks ! Now is all clear ! Can i make a Despertar Battery from my fat psp but with 3.71m33 ? Thanks !

Veskgar
October 5th, 2007, 04:11
Something interesting Dark_AleX said:

yes. it is also a huge step to support the 1.50 kernel on the slim in the future, since the main problem, the screen, is now fixed.
So it seems we may yet see 1.50 kernel support on the slim at some point. Dark_AleX also stated there is another thing that needs to be accomplished though.

Here is that quote:

There is a still another thing to accomplish: idstorage of psp slim is encrypted, so I have to make a way of making the idstorage of 1.50 read it despite the encryption. Well, I doubt that will be a difficult task anyways

I don't know how the rest of the slim hardware will do it with the mixed kernel anyways, let's hope it doesn't end with too many bugs.
If he's doubting the difficulty then you know that pretty much means he could probably pull it off if he so desired.

Really great stuff from Dark_AleX. I also hope it doesn't end up buggy. I would not want to sacrifice the smooth operating CFW on the Slim & Lite. I really hope a lot of the Emulator devs come back and update their emulators for the Slim & Lite just as how NJ, zx-81, and others are doing.

Snes9xTYL & gpSP updates specifically for the Slim & Lite would be spectacular. :thumbup:

mike_jmg
October 5th, 2007, 04:41
I'll grab this, cause maybe someday I'll buy a psp slim, but not right now hehe, since my precious is back from Hades

Maybe is time to get a camy faceplate to celebrate its rebirth (Thank you all)

urherenow
October 5th, 2007, 05:15
Phew!!!

Thought I had a brick. Had a semi, anyway. You might want to reset your settings before applying it. I had a custom color and/or theme (cookies maybe?) and when I did this I got to a blank XMB except for the battery icon and just freeze... and power off after a little while.

format flash 1 from advanced in recovery menu sorted it all out though.

Still can't exit emulated UMDs with home button. Other than that.. all is cool! Seeing the menu on the slim... simply AWESOME!!!!

SpooForBrains
October 5th, 2007, 09:16
Thanks ! Now is all clear ! Can i make a Despertar Battery from my fat psp but with 3.71m33 ? Thanks !

Yes you can. However if you don't already have it you'll need to download the Team C+D pandora installer to get the tools to write the image to the memory stick and to create the battery. All THIS does is create the image.

b_simpson1999
October 5th, 2007, 17:19
do you think this will work on phat cos I bricked mine and don't really want to go bk to 1.50 to go to 3.71-2m33 cos it takes 2 long lol, got to find one on ebay or something (e.g finding somebody close to brower there's lol)

SpooForBrains
October 5th, 2007, 22:46
do you think this will work on phat cos I bricked mine and don't really want to go bk to 1.50 to go to 3.71-2m33 cos it takes 2 long lol, got to find one on ebay or something (e.g finding somebody close to brower there's lol)

It certainly does. I've just used it in fact.

b_simpson1999
October 6th, 2007, 11:27
thanks now to find someone near mansfield or to find it cheap on ebay lol

SpooForBrains
October 6th, 2007, 11:50
Check this thread out (http://forums.noobz.eu/downgrader-support/people-who-can-help-you-unbrickdowngrade-a-psp-using-pandora/0/)

b_simpson1999
October 6th, 2007, 18:18
yeah been there don't really like the idea of sending my psp to any1, but i think i might have to seems cheaper the ebay lol

b_simpson1999
October 7th, 2007, 23:07
now can somebody help I'll be getting a pandora Battery and MS to unbrick and put 1.5 on though post, when on 1.5 wot do i do so then it go to 3.71m33-2 with 1.5 kernel, and when this is done will it be ready to go to 3.71m33-2 with 1.5 kernel [if i brick again (i hope not), my first time]

bumfacekilla
October 10th, 2007, 22:24
Phew!!!

Thought I had a brick. Had a semi, anyway. You might want to reset your settings before applying it. I had a custom color and/or theme (cookies maybe?) and when I did this I got to a blank XMB except for the battery icon and just freeze... and power off after a little while.

format flash 1 from advanced in recovery menu sorted it all out though.

Still can't exit emulated UMDs with home button. Other than that.. all is cool! Seeing the menu on the slim... simply AWESOME!!!!

I had the same problem, when installing m33 it's easy to overcome because you can just go to the recovery menu and format flash1, but when installing 3.71 original I've encountered the same problem, how do you suppose you get round it?

ugly dude
October 13th, 2007, 22:17
Can someone help explain this part of the instrution?

- Use the app under a cfw with 2.x or 3.x kernel (be sure that kernel is
selected on recovery to the correct one (2.x or 3.x))

I'm currently using a 3.40 OEA. Many thanks

b_simpson1999
October 15th, 2007, 11:22
Can someone help explain this part of the instrution?

- Use the app under a cfw with 2.x or 3.x kernel (be sure that kernel is
selected on recovery to the correct one (2.x or 3.x))

I'm currently using a 3.40 OEA. Many thanks

yeah your kernel in the recovery should be set to 3.X not 1.5, maybe that will help lol. not sure if it will work if you just put it in the game340 folder

kelz2007
November 11th, 2007, 01:56
where do i place it i never did this before (please help)

toazt
November 18th, 2007, 16:28
THIS MAKES NO SENCE TO ME ....ive been lookin for a good instruction guide to downgrade my psp slim with OFM 3.72 , i have a psp fat with Vr. 3.52 just in case i need it , BUT what i want to know is CAN I DOWNGRADE MY PSP SLIM WITH OUT another psp to ANY non OFM so that i can add the app. umd dumper on my psp ,,,,, HELP ME PLEASE i wasted a month of my like on youtube

donutman
January 17th, 2008, 23:54
i dont believe u can nope
i think u need another psp either cfw or 1.50 i think

sucseed
January 7th, 2009, 14:56
I will try it on my new psp

sparkymart
January 11th, 2009, 22:17
many thanks guys

gstilwell24
August 24th, 2010, 20:56
plz help i need to find some cfw packs 4 psp help plz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!