PDA

View Full Version : rom hacking

dark__echoes
October 5th, 2007, 02:00
is there any way to hack nds roms? just somethig like Tile Layer Pro would be cool, but i'd realy like to edit mario kart levels;)

Super Yoshi
October 6th, 2007, 00:22
That's actually a really good idea. But editing the collision data...:eek:

LordMerlin
October 13th, 2007, 04:12
"Hacking" is a pretty loosely interpreted word these days. Not only that but you're pretty vague on what you want >.> But I'm sure you can find save game editors for most of the games you would want to "hack." Try hitting Google up for something.

dark__echoes
October 13th, 2007, 14:09
i mean editding the games graphics and/or levels.but while google-ing i found someting called "Tahaxan". it lets you view files in the rom! here's the home-page http://tahaxan.arcnor.com/ but no graphics or level editing:( . but it can extract the muisic files, but i have no idea how to edit those.:confused:

wiggy fuzz
November 9th, 2007, 16:33
dslazy can unpack nds roms...

i reckon from there on it goes into the realm of the computer geniuses, a realm i am not included in

i did come across a ds rom sound player that decompiles and can play back the music from ds roms - it works perfectly, all done in visual basics, too

Dragonic
November 10th, 2007, 13:15
What's the name of the program? I really want a program that can play the music from DS roms. Well, no rom talking, I know... But what's the name? How can I play the .sng files?? And how can I open and listen to the music in the .sdat files?

wiggy fuzz
November 15th, 2007, 10:32
http://www.vgmtrans.com/

what it does is not only plays back usic from nds games but apparent;y (untested) playstation 2 games, too. you can rip the music in MIDI format and using a sequencer apply each individual tones to the MIDI channels. i haven't yet tried this because all the decent MIDI sequencers are not free or shareware so impose stupid restrictions...

if anyone could point me towards a free MIDI sequencer i'd much apreciate it

(the program is called VGMtrans, btw)

Dragonic
November 15th, 2007, 12:54
Aha! Thanks, wiggy fuzz! I got it before you answered my question :P! Because I started a thread about what I asked. But thanks anyway! I asked you first, so I've to thank you first of all :D!